• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[TV Thread] What's worth watching ATM? v. now it's 2024

I dropped off watching walking dead once the writers strike happened. Think something similar happened with LOST, and game of thrones too. Really should give them all a proper go through.

Loved The Shield.

The Shield did not land with me on the first try but this was just over a decade ago, I had recently completed The Wire which I still regard as the best piece of serial television ever made.

The Shield pilot, while fun, was just too silly and on the nose to catch my attention but having seen the excellence of Michael Chiklis and especially, the spectacular Walton Goggins who just gets better and better every time I see him in the intervening years I returned to the show after realising that in my depressed state, knowing that the police genre was at a loss following the perfect truth of TW, that I accepted that the only other cop show that I had seen consistent praise for was The Shield.

Once I realised that it was never supposed to be realistic I was having so much fun that by the time Glenn Close and Forest Whitaker came in and blew the roof off one after the other I was so in love with the 4 guys and just how fucking cool they were rolling at their best that for all the madness, it was perfect television. You know what a tit I am and how much I go on so you had better believe I was sobbing by the time Det. (possibly by then Cap?) Wyns reads the letter to Mackay. Lemonhead ending up as fruit salad thanks to that pineapple was a gutter as well, as it was that IA fuck who started them all fucking each other over. It was not the money train. I am certain. :unsure:

I got your link. Thank you.

I've used streaming 'services' before and it's caused me problems. Not your fault. So I opted for the legit route this time. But I thank you muchly anyway <3

Re: Deadwood. Fuck me, I don't have the words to say how much I fucking ADORE this show. I know it's one I'll re-watch at some point because it's just so damn good.

Did you see the recently made movie finale? I watched it a couple of months ago and it fucking floored me it was so fucking perfect and fitting. It could have been terrible. Ian Mcshane ... oh ... i iz a total fangurl (and also a very sweary girl FTR).

Oh, how I LOVE Deadwood <3

The depiction of Jane is so fucking perfect. It made me love her so much. So different and much more (seemingly) realistic than the Doris Day version.
If you like Deadwood and Leftovers, you'll love Carnivale ;)

I really liked watching Agents of Shield, thought at first that's what you folks were talking about with The Shield cause I'm dumb apparently. Never seen or heard of The Shield as I live under a rock but I'll check it out.

Almost finished with The Expanse on Amazon and this was first foray into Amazon Video as I've only used Netflix exclusively for years now. I've enjoyed the show quite a bit. Probably starting Mr. Robot next.

Paradise PD has been great, kinda disturbing at times but it's part of its appeal. As far as animated stuff I also like F is for Family and Disenchantment.

Anxiously waiting for some more Better Call Saul but apparently the next season has been delayed until early 2022 which sucks

I really liked watching Agents of Shield....

As a perma - nerd I loved Agents of Shield and like a sheep I got totally sucked into the MCU. Saw WandaVision a couple of weeks ago and while I still think HBO's 2019 Watchmen adaption / sequel is the best comic book TV series WandaVision was really good, having been starved of any Marvel Studio's releases since Endgame and Far From Home and if your into all this comic book stuff I saw the Snyder cut of Justice League last week and it is, for my low bar at least, not only now watchable as a film but is pretty epic and cool to boot.

Haven't kept up with Paradise PD since S1 finished but I do need to catch up it was well funny with that tartan crack or whatever it was.

With regards to Better Call Saul I am used to these year long waits now in between seasons but the delay still sucks. Easily as good as Breaking Bad, if not better.

On episode 6 of The Strain, no idea when it came out, but currently making my way through it. Half decent, I've heard it picks up in season 2, so will grind it out.

Will there ever be a remake or a repost of 'Harry Enfield and Chums', I ask because I thought it was the only thing worth watching on the beeb after the initial 10 years of top gear.

Will there ever be a remake or a repost of 'Harry Enfield and Chums', I ask because I thought it was the only thing worth watching on the beeb after the initial 10 years of top gear.
Don't say that Reefa Smoke'ya'weed will be in here

I'm so starved for good TV that I'm re-watching Better Call Saul and Mr Robot.

H.E.L.P. !!!

How do you think the series is progressing so far?

I gotta say, I haven't been disappointed yet. Really good show.

I was a bit disappointed with the end of the last series tbh, I'm just hoping they make another one soon

I was a bit disappointed with the end of the last series tbh, I'm just hoping they make another one soon

Okay, I just saw I've got episode 6 left unseen on the latest season.

Let me get back to you in an hour, hehe-