Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV series about drug dealing

i hate breaking bad. never heard of ideal. never bothered with weeds.

1- the wire.

that is all.

i hate breaking bad

You are probably the first person I've ever heard who has said that. Why? Just curious. I'm not going to presume to say it's the best TV show of all time, I'm just curious as to why you don't like it.

Do you dislike methamphetamine itself?

You are probably the first person I've ever heard who has said that. Why? Just curious. I'm not going to presume to say it's the best TV show of all time, I'm just curious as to why you don't like it.

I'd like to know too.

Breaking bad got a bit ott with the silly stunts imo. But it's still worthy of a watch.

Boardwalk Empire is technically about drug dealing.

never heard of ideal.

British comedy. I found it funny.

"Ideal" is an very original series with great black humor and great dialog. Johnny Vegas rocks as Moz, the hash- and weed-pusher whose apartment is being used as a kind of local pub(without alcohol)by his customers. The whole show is without exception being filmed inside of Moz'flat and his friends/customers varies from heavy criminals to extreme feminine homosexuals. The cast is almost the same in the 1 & 2 season, except his necrophiliac(!) neighbor Judith who moves in for 2 season and some others only appearing for a episode. Even if Moz all the time pushes mild drugs you don't have to be a dope-head to enjoy "Ideal" (...but it helps...). As Moz himself says it: "You don't get addicted to cannabis. I should know who smoke it every day!". "Ideal" was first made for 16 episodes, each 25-30 minutes over 2 seasons + a Christsmas-special. Highly recommended! Now a third season has been sent on TV and is soon on DVD.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417332/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

the first season kept it simple, so the stylisation fit. from the second season on the plot became convoluted to fit the style, it became style over substance. the drama is of a terrible quality, the "characters" are flat and ugly. the women are all portrayed degradingly.

imo it appeals on three levels, none of which i care for. The "plot puzzle" structure in order to make the audience feel smart from "figuring it out". This reduces, rather than increases, substantial characterisation. Secondly, sudden graphic violence punctuates it as a cheap thrill. Lastly, it's a naughty subject matter, another cheap thrill to empathise with what is more commonly assumed to be bad guys.

not in the slightest. i look back on those days fondly.

i think the story idea is really promising. they just executed it too poorly for me to enjoy. the producers are going about it the wrong way. when the main dude (forget his name) recently spoke of the final seasons, he said he intends to follow through on the original plan to make a good guy go bad and a bad guy go good. to be so stubborn about the direction of a story before it is written, you stifle the creative process. the end result is an artificial journey, boring.

Thats the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. The women are portrayed degradingly? As opposed to all the men in Breaking Bad who aren't? Also having a concept for the show and actually going through with it isnt stifling the creative process, its called being committed and doing what you set out to do. If you want an example of a show that didnt do this and suffered greatly for it, watch Lost. Artificial journey? That is so contrived. We arent tuning in so we can watch the development of the creators of the show, or take on some kind of spiritual catharsis ourselves, the point is to be entertained and stimulated...Sounds like to me you're just pulling all this out your ass. If this show is boring, what is an example of a show that isnt? David Simon set out from the beginning in The Wire to show the various levels of corruption throughout the city of Baltimore and how entrenched that citys problems are... How connected all facets of daily life in Baltimore are...that idea didnt evolve organically throughout the five seasons of the show...He had that goal from the beginning just as Vince Gilligan has had his priorities from the start. McNulty is similar to Walter in that he is not a conventional hero and is willing to do immoral things to meet a certain end. Almost every character in both shows is seriously flawed and both plots are graphic, complex, and violent... So why is The Wire immune to these same criticisms youve piled on BB?

Last edited:
If you need a television series about drug dealing in your life, The Wire is the unbusted nut you didn't know you were holding back.

Best metaphor ever.

I just started second season of Breaking Bad. It's OK, but some of the drama is just campy. I really want to hit up The Wire soon.

never bothered with weeds.

Bro Weeds is fucking funny!

There's also this:

413.jpg

I'm not sure if it's good or not, and it's in Spanish. I've been meaning to check it out.

lol it started less than a year ago and already has 113 episodes! Probably not a good sign.

theres also a couple new shows on discovery : Weed country, and some bootlegging show.
they throw in side stories from the cops point of view, but overall worth watching stoned

I don't know why I like Breaking Bad so much, the story itself is as unrealistic as it gets, but I thinks it's some of the characters and their interactions and reactions events in the story that give the show a human element that everyone can relate to.....I personally really like Mike Ehrmentraut's(if thats how its spelled) character in the later few seasons, he's a just a bad-ass with no gimmicks, a jaded tough old dude who's seen a lot of shit in his time, but deep down you always get the feeling that he's a sweet guy!

There's not a lot of outright comedy in the series, the whole thing is kind of grim, but Walter White's dry sense of irony can be hilarious at times....

It doesn't glorify meth AT ALL, it's almost as if they go out of their way to portray ALL meth users as complete scumbags, I kind of wish they would've shown a few more normal people using meth, because there are a lot of people who use it that you'd NEVER suspect, but I guess they had to be very careful in that area of things because if they portrayed meth use as being positive in any way, there would have been a huge back-lash....

Overall, I think it's entertaining and appealing to a broad spectrum of people, which is pretty much what defines popularity, but I think it manages to be popular and still have some substance...It's not mindless garbage that's out there shamelessly trying grab the attention of specific demographics, like so many other things are these days...

apparently Latin America has made several TV series about dealing.

el_capo.jpg

Pedro Pablo León Jaramillo is the Capo, a drug dealer who spent 25 years in obscurity, but the journalist Eliecer Manchola unveiled to the world the biggest drug dealer of all time, the most exported drugs and that greater wealth accumulated. A fortune he made with his partner Aristobulus Vanegas. Upon his evidence the Capo decides to take revenge of his informer killing him.

Marcela Lievano Manchola journalist girlfriend, decides to avenge the death of her fiance so start looking for how to approach Pedro Pablo León Jaramillo, so who undergoes plastic surgery to get her attention and publicly declare their interest in interview. What is not known is that Marcela in hatred falls for the man who has done harm.

Capo's life, his two wives, their children and even their bodyguards, will shift. Isabel Cristina truths begin to discover more unusual that her husband hid for 30 years. Julieta and Juan Carlos will suffer the consequences of being the children of this drug dealer. Marcela will face their feelings.

The fear of being jailed Capo take what desperate act and endangering the lives of his family, because in an effort to discover the person who betrayed him commit errors that will lead to its own end.

Last edited:
NBC had a short-lived series titled Kingpin. It was like The Sopranos but with a Mexican cartel.

51YJRWKRPWL.jpg

i hate breaking bad. never heard of ideal. never bothered with weeds.

1- the wire.

that is all.

Wow, really? I love breaking bad, but I do admit it is a little overrated, def. not the best show of all time.

For me, 1. breaking bad 2. the wire 3. National Geographic's Drugs Inc. series

Thats the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. The women are portrayed degradingly? As opposed to all the men in Breaking Bad who aren't? Also having a concept for the show and actually going through with it isnt stifling the creative process, its called being committed and doing what you set out to do. If you want an example of a show that didnt do this and suffered greatly for it, watch Lost. Artificial journey? That is so contrived. We arent tuning in so we can watch the development of the creators of the show, or take on some kind of spiritual catharsis ourselves, the point is to be entertained and stimulated...Sounds like to me you're just pulling all this out your ass. If this show is boring, what is an example of a show that isnt? David Simon set out from the beginning in The Wire to show the various levels of corruption throughout the city of Baltimore and how entrenched that citys problems are... How connected all facets of daily life in Baltimore are...that idea didnt evolve organically throughout the five seasons of the show...He had that goal from the beginning just as Vince Gilligan has had his priorities from the start. McNulty is similar to Walter in that he is not a conventional hero and is willing to do immoral things to meet a certain end. Almost every character in both shows is seriously flawed and both plots are graphic, complex, and violent... So why is The Wire immune to these same criticisms youve piled on BB?

both having a premise does not make them in any way alike. every show has a premise. it is what they do with it that counts. bb forces plot points onto characters, who end up doing stupid shit in order to get the show where the makers want it to lead. there is nothing of this sort in the wire, which is less centred on plot and more on character. the whole plane crash thing in the second bb season, where is there anything even remotely that retarded in the wire?

the violence in the wire isn't anywhere near the gratuitous level of bb. you're not supposed to be aroused by it, or even shocked. you see it coming, and cringe and hope it is over quickly, as you would in real life. it isn't there to give a thrill, and it's neither exaggerated or stylised.

i could go on and on with specific examples, but i can see by your emotive response it may only enrage you further (why so emotionally vested in a friggin tv show???). the two shows are very much unalike. stuff like your "unconventional hero" comparison is too vague to be useful. you'll find unconventional heros in everything from friends to sesame street.