• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TV program on Ecstasy

Hmmm.. I'm eighteen and have taken ecstasy at least ten times over the past two years, while at the same time being a state ranking hsc student and getting into uni etc. But I would say LSD and weed have been more my forte; I'd argue the relative harmlessness of those two in moderation (particularly the former) before ecstasy any day. Plus, I prefer my anonymity as is.

Hi Guys,

I'm in talks with Kirsty at the moment. I'm 19 year old male in a respectable and professional career who achieved above average in the HSC and turned down a university offer to study IT in order to take up a traineeship in a career I’m genuinely interested in with a view to take on the university course after hours on completion of this traineeship. In short, I’ve no lack of goals, ambition of success in life.

I've come from both sides of Sydney, having experienced what I perceive to be life in both a low and medium socio-economic area I believe I have a balanced view of the possibly applications of MDMA - Methylenedioxymethamphetamine - in both a "lets get wasted" and a more experience based context from people young and old with lots of money and people with not much money. I stress that there were all different kinds of people in both areas, I was just emphasising the fact that I have experience from a number of angles.

This all being said I have personally not consumed the drug ecstasy in large quantities in comparison to many people instead choosing at times to consume it and at other times to study its culture (a bulk of this study coming from reading on bluelight) and look after my friends (who come from all walks of life and have both consumed and abstained in all manner of personal circumstance) who had used it. This has given me both the view of ecstasy being an awesome recreational substance and ecstasy being a stupid substance that wipes people out nearly completely for a whole day and makes them awkward for a few days afterwards. I would also like to mention that from a psychological point of view I believe the positive outlook on a situation I encountered with an ex girlfriend I gained through ecstasy was the turning point in pulling me out of a depression that lasted what I remember to be a stretch of between a week and the better half of a month.

This, fellow bluelighters and external media, namely Kirsty, is who I am and the basis of my experience with ecstasy so far. Have no doubts I stand firm in my opinion that nobody will ever have their life enriched via the continued and excessive use of what is classified by the majority as a recreational substance however I also believe a lack of education will not serve to protect anybody. People who die of alcohol poisoning are thrown out as reckless characters that brought their fate upon themselves however a drug related case of death or severe illness is instead thrown directly at the substance itself - not its user. Although I’d argue against myself in saying that no school of thought is ever complete and conclusive and that the decision of giving people access to possibly fatal substances should lay on the criminal standard of proof - beyond reasonable doubt as opposed to the balance of probabilities I believe there is widespread merit to such anti-prohibition arguments.

Personally, as I said before, I would definately not consider myself to be a frequent user of ecstasy however I would pace myself from an unexperienced and uneducated user. I may never consume or come across ecstasy again however my thirst for knowledge will not be so easily quenched.

I'm in talks with Kristy at the moment and believe I will meet up for a coffee with her at some point however I am not sure how I would go doing all this. Being the national face of what will be viewed as ecstasy legalisation is a massive thing I take obscenely seriously.

As for now I’m going to run off to the gym to try and get this all off my mind a bit - I’ve been thinking about it all day. Will be back later to have a look at what has come of this thread.

Be smart people, flaming will get you nowhere. Keep safe and remember, you can always take a little more but you can never take a little less. This is a serious matter to be dealt with in a mature manner.

Last edited:
This guy sounds interesting...

I'd do it for hallucinogens, not E though...

I have spoken with lunchbox and think he may be a better "average user" for this purpose...

He is also much closer in vacinity to kirsty which would make meeting up alot easier, not to mention my extremely busy work, music, play and lets not forget bluelight schedule...

I feel i may have used too broad a range of substances and am a fair cut above your lack of harm minimisation average user to say the least.

Well Kirsty is going to pick herself anyway.

Also she said all she is going to ask is how much, when, why and is it better than alcohol. Theres no need to choose a representative as they aren't going to be saying much.

I have to say that good on 60 minutes for at least bothering to try and make their story two sided. :)

I would also like to mention that from a psychological point of view I believe the positive outlook on a situation I encountered with an ex girlfriend I gained through ecstasy was the turning point in pulling me out of a depression that lasted what I remember to be a stretch of between a week and the better half of a month.

Be careful how you word such "benefits" in an interview, lest you come off sounding rabidly pro-drug but based on what you've said, it sounds like you're aware of these dangers. I hope you get some air time, regardless of how it gets twisted, you sound like you'd be a great face to show the other side of ecstasy use to mainstream Australia.

Last edited: