Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TV program on Ecstasy

kthomson

Greenlighter
Hi there
Kirsty again.....

Thanks to all of you who have been in touch. Your help is invaluable.

So now I want to ask you something. Is there someone out there who would be prepared to participate in this story. It would only be a small part of the story but without it it's going to be very one sided.

I'm looking for a young, careful and articulate person who could answer a specific set of questions.

If you think you could do this I can offer you the following; an agreed set of questions before the interview (along the lines of how often do you use, how does it make you feel, why is it so popular and do you have any ill effects and is it better than drinking?) I am happy to provide transcripts of a recent Sunday program or Insight program to show you others who have spoken out.
I can't offer complete anonymity but can agree to only use your first name (or a made up name) and we can work on subtle diguise techniques together.
Please let me know if you think you would like to do this and I'm happy to take any further suggestions if you think they would help you make the decision to participate.
Thanks again for allowing me on this site. Please know I respect your privacy in this forum completely.

Contact me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Your only looking for one of us for the show ?

And how many people do you have lined up that's on the other team ?

I think you should have more than one of us as one persons views especially a younger persons are often ignored or disregarded.

You should be asking someone who has used it for 10+ years as well.

Oh and I'm very camera shy especially when I know the police will be watching it , so anyone else want to put their hands up ?

:)

Last edited:
^^ agree, goodluck to the person. I believe im articulate and young, but not brave enough for my face all over the nation. I enjoy being anonymous.

Please post constructive answers in here please (the posts above are fine).

Kirsty, do a report on youths taking prescription drugs without any knowledge of the long-term problems associated with medically supervised prescription drug use! Like, infants being prescribed anti-depressants etc. I'm happy to give my account of 3 benzodiazepine withdrawals (In which I've risked myself for seizures and death in the past) for free!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, how about this; if you can't follow the rules we've set out and treat this reporter respectfully, we will hand out infractions and warnings just like in the other thread.

And yes, I'm completely serious.

I'd love to know what everyone here is saying thats being deleted. For fucks sake, one of the major problems that the drug taking community faces is the fact that they dont get represented and dont get their views heard. So use a bit of common sense here people. And as for geting your face on tv and fearing that the police are going to arrest you thats just stupid paranoia. Its not illegal to confess to drug use and I highly doubt the police are going to be bothered trying to nab a single E user.

Kirsty, please dont pick an E user just because they are young unless thats the nature of your report. You will most likely find the younger the user the less knowledge they truly posess on this issue. I think you should really choose someone like kingpin007 said. Someone who has used the drug for more then ten years will prove a wealth of information on the drug and have alot more experience then younger users.

And also do alot of research on this drug yourself. Look at how many people have actually died as a result of a TRUE MDMA overdose. You must understand that alot of the so called deaths from ecstacy were actually from ecstacy mimic tablets which contain anything but MDMA. Also alot of drug deaths were from poly drug use like mixing MDMA with other substances like GHB.

When you consider the amount of people who consume ecstacy (MDMA) and end up having an injury or die to that of people who go to the beach and have an injury or die you will see that the beach is far more dangerous and has taken far more lives. My point being is that taking e is safer then going to the beach and yet the later is a commonly excepted form of recreation amongst society. But Im sure the government would ban people going to the beach before they relaxed the laws governing ecstacy.

my innerself said:
When you consider the amount of people who consume ecstacy (MDMA) and end up having an injury or die to that of people who go to the beach and have an injury or die you will see that the beach is far more dangerous and has taken far more lives. My point being is that taking e is safer then going to the beach and yet the later is a commonly excepted form of recreation amongst society. But Im sure the government would ban people going to the beach before they relaxed the laws governing ecstacy.

How many more people go to the beach though then use MDMA?

That's why I was saying in that other thread we really need to look at those kind of statistics proportionally.

I'd love to know what everyone here is saying thats being deleted.

It's not intelligent I'll tell you that.

Why do u keep deleting our posts??!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!>?!?>!N>?!NBN!<B!??????????????????

^ See post #7. Keep discussion on topic and useful, not about 3D glasses or whatever other crap that's been brought up.

I apologize for the comment about the 3-d glasses

I just thought it would be cool if said interview was filmed in the technology that would make use of said glasses

You should be asking someone who has used it for 10+ years as well.

I agree with that, and also maybe even someone who is a "respectable member of the community".

Otherwise I can see "This is Jim, he has been using Ecstasy for 10+ years, he is unemployed. See what this does to you."

It's just another way that it could be spun, like having someone between 18 and 25 years old. Nobody takes "kids" seriously, especially drug taking kids!

Otherwise I can see "This is Jim, he has been using Ecstasy for 10+ years, he is unemployed. See what this does to you....

I can GUARANTEE that is not what we want.

I'm looking for someone with a point of view on the subject of ecstasy who is prepared to speak up. We will not be ridiculing anyone.

As I said I am happy to provide examples of previous programs to show you exactly what would be involved.

The problem with choosing someone that has a lot of experience with a drug (i.e. 10+ years) is that they may be seen by the general public as someone who has an addiction, and therefore people will be less inclined to believe that person.
It's an incorrect assumption of course, but it's one that people tend to make.

Although someone with experience with Ecstacy will have greater knowledge of it than a younger person with less experience, for a program that's attempting to inform the public on the issue, it's not the user's place to be the one to provide that kind of information.

There's also the problem that if somebody who holds a high level of responsibility in their occupation is interviewed, then there's nothing stopping the general public from forming a lynch mob and demanding said doctor be stood down etc... that sort of negative hype tends to happen overnight it seems

^^ agree, goodluck to the person. I believe im articulate and young, but not brave enough for my face all over the nation. I enjoy being anonymous.

Yeah I'm the same, I would like to participate in this story but my assumption is the writing's already on the wall interms of what the piece is going to represent. It'd be nice to discuss how harm reduction through education and responsible use (not abuse) is the direction we should be headed for and not harsher penalties for possession, but I'm picturing a story completely one-sided with the participants answers spun to fit in how the network wants to portray the issue.

Ahaha ive got almost 10 years of experience on almost all drugs. I would prefer to stay anonymous too lol

Unfortunately, like others have said, no professional person would run the risk of being identified and possibly vilified and losing their job. A person who is happy to risk being identified on national tv will probably have less to lose and probably be more likely to represent the stereotypical drug user. Interviewing a single person (whoever they are) could not possibly be representative of the drug using community as it is diverse. Even if several people were interviewed, you get back to problem A.