• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TV program on Ecstasy

Does this have to be so fucking hard? Someone just come forward and say that you will do it already. Why does there need to be lame comments thrown left, right and centre!!! noone cares about ur stupid viewpoint, and you just appear to be justifying your drug use!

Does this have to be so fucking hard? Someone just come forward and say that you will do it already. Why does there need to be lame comments thrown left, right and centre!!! noone cares about ur stupid viewpoint, and you just appear to be justifying your drug use!

People, especially professionals, such as medical students, law students, pharmacists, nurses, professors, psychologists, doctors, lawyers etc. have reputations to uphold. Ironically, many in these professions are active, responsible, intelligent drug users. Unfortunately, those that remain who are willing to give the interview will likely be undereducated, and give a skewed representation of the drug using community. Unfortunately, this is just the way it is, and the way it always has been. Believe it or not, even though you may not "supdudes", people often do care about other peoples' view points.

It would only be a small part of the story but without it it's going to be very one sided.

This quote from the OP is extremely unsettling, and indicates that the story will mainly be anti MDMA anyway.

I'd do it

Psilo is a very intelligent and experienced user, I would highly recommend that he would do the interview.

People, especially professionals, such as medical students, law students, pharmacists, nurses, professors, psychologists, doctors, lawyers etc. have reputations to uphold. Ironically, many in these professions are active, responsible, intelligent drug users.

exactly. i was happy to discuss this, but there is no chance, disguise or not that i'm risking everything i've ever worked for to be labeled a "druggie" on national tv

the majority of those who i drop with are from the above mentioned categories and have managed to make something out of their life, the slim chance that this interview would raise awareness of HM or change the opinion of society on ecstasy just doesnt seem worth the risk

if kristy is actually trying to do as she says (please excuse the skepticism as the media doesn't really have the best reputation when it comes to dealing with youth/drug issues) then i wish her all the best and sincerely hope that whoever chooses to speak with her in treated fairly and does do some good in spreading our message.

in terms of the actual report though, the original thread stated it was in response to the recent debate in the UK to lower MDMA from class A to class B, this is all well and good, however i dont see how questions such as;

"how often do you use, how does it make you feel, why is it so popular and do you have any ill effects and is it better than drinking?"

shedding too much light on the issue.

maybe the better approach would be to say "well ok, ecstasy is illegal however recent studies have found it less dangerous than horse riding...so what do you as a user do to reduce the risk to yourself? your friends? etc"

also look at external factors, a brisbane study found that when the tax was raised on alcohol last year, ecstasy use skyrocketed

also, maybe look at why cocaine (a drug of choice for "high rollers" in australia) would remain a class A drug under the proposition in the UK and for those who will undoubtedly raise the "WHY SHOULD MY TAXES PAY FOR THESE JUNKIES TO BE REVIVED" argument, make sure they are aware that drug use is far more widespread than your local commission flats and that those who pay top tax amounts dabble in a bit of recreational use too

i would really love to see this succeed, to see the stigma attached to use reduced and to have the efforts of things like rave safe, bluelight or even pillreports highlighted in the public eye without being branded "online drug stores" (thanks SMH :p ) but it's gonna take a while before we can get to such a point.

feel free to edit if you think any of that was inappropriate, but i really just wanted to get some ideas across :)

Hey

I have spoken to the reporter on the phone and am hoping to meet up with her on Friday, hope I am suitable because it would be good to get my view out there.

Psilo is a very intelligent and experienced user, I would highly recommend that he would do the interview.

I think that Psilo is perhaps a fair bit too old for the part. My immediate thought is that MrBlonde would be ideal, he is renowned for his young age and being well versed beyond the amount his age would suggest. Unfortunately I don't see this happening but I'm sure there are plenty of other articulate youngsters around here.

Hey

I have spoken to the reporter on the phone and am hoping to meet up with her on Friday, hope I am suitable because it would be good to get my view out there.

Well if your perfect punctuation and spelling is anything to go by you should provide precisely what is necessary for this task.

How old is psilo, and how old is Mr Blonde? I don't necessarily see any problem with an older person doing the interview. And I'm young, so I'm not biased.

Blah Blah, how old are you? I hope you are intelligent and articulate, because otherwise you are going to give drug users a bad face. Also try to dress well. I know it seems silly, but society is silly, and one of the many silly things that it does is judge people according to how they dress. Reading some of your prior posts I notice a few spelling errors. I know this is picky but we really need someone who is in the higher range of intelligence to be speaking on the show, preferably (not that spelling and intelligence are always proportionate but it does give an indication).

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=6367644#post6367644 - after reading the content of this thread started by blah blah I am quite worried that he is not the right person for the interview.

Last edited:
How old is psilo, and how old is Mr Blonde? I don't necessarily see any problem with an older person doing the interview. And I'm young, so I'm not biased.

Psilo I can't confirm, but strikes me as someone who is walked a great many paths in his time. The only issue with being old is that they are specifically seeking a young person. Otherwise I think Johnboy would be an excellent candidate thanks to his past appearance on Insight, in which he put forth a series of very convincing arguments and presented himself and HM very positively. However I don't think he is a user at all, and if he is it has never been stated and for his purposes it doesn't need to be. Just a very well informed individual.

Blah Blah, how old are you? I hope you are intelligent and articulate, because otherwise you are going to give drug users a bad face. Also try to dress well. I know it seems silly, but society is silly, and one of the many silly things that it does is judge people according to how they dress. Reading some of your prior posts I notice a few spelling errors. I know this is picky but we really need someone who is in the higher range of intelligence to be speaking on the show, preferably (not that spelling and intelligence are always proportionate but it does give an indication).

A stab in the dark? I would say he is 18 or 19. :)

[EDIT: Please don't post personal details about people, like their age. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to put my hand up- self employed, no boss to speak of, 36.. i'm not super comfortable with the idea of being the lone voice speaking for the entire community, primarily because the community itself is so diverse. And, on the technical side, I'm no phase_dancer or mr blonde.

But I'll call her and we'll see what happens. Whoever eventually does this thing, it would be interesting to see a full copy of the interview vs the edited version that goes to air...

VOTE 1 Psilo 8)

This thread is classic!!!

How old is Psilo?

Not as old as you guys must think...

I'm just a connisour of sorts with a thirst for knowledge and have sought this from various books/internet sites such as BL.

Obviously an elder in your minds

Anyway... I have Kirsty's contact details and will be ringing her today to discuss this further.

I hold down a full time highly qualified job and have worked over sea's etc.

Y'all read my knowledge every week and thanks for the support

I've been on this drug defensive for years.

When it comes to MDMA i'll get the points that matter across.

I've always been open about my use to friends, family and work colleagues. Good ol' alco's don't have a leg to stand on lol

I'm definately an ex-extremely high user and now still would be classed as a high user at bi weekly dosing these days

I'm not sure if they'd want me as i'm a preacher for pure MDMA for all and use fact to back up my defensive.

See how we go

Hi
Thanks again for allowing me on this site. Please know I respect your privacy in this forum completely.

Hi Kirsty, Unfortunately I dont fit the young side of your criteria as im about to turn 49 however your above comments concerned me as I hope you dont have the wrong idea about this site.

Bluelight is here to educate people about the safe use of drugs. That doesnt mean that we agree with the use of drugs. It just means that we accept that people are going to use them and if they insist on doing so then at least try and be safe about it.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to be a member of this site provided you play by the rules of course.

This site is NOT, as suggested by some irresponsible media outlets, some sort of underground hook up centre. In fact the admin and moderation team take great lengths to ensure that no illegal activity takes place here.

Im not sure how much time you have spent looking around the place but if you do take some time then you will quickly see that there is an absolute wealth of harm minimisation literature.

Best of luck with your story, It would be nice if you were able to take the time to recognise the site publically for the education it can offer to people who are determined to use drugs.

Cheers.

Bluelight is here to educate people about the safe use of drugs. That doesnt mean that we agree with the use of drugs. It just means that we accept that people are going to use them and if they insist on doing so then at least try and be safe about it.

This site is NOT, as suggested by some irresponsible media outlets, some sort of underground hook up centre. In fact the admin and moderation team take great lengths to ensure that no illegal activity takes place here.

Im not sure how much time you have spent looking around the place but if you do take some time then you will quickly see that there is an absolute wealth of harm minimisation literature.

Best of luck with your story, It would be nice if you were able to take the time to recognise the site publically for the education it can offer to people who are determined to use drugs.

Kirsty,
these are indeed wise words, you would do well to take them on board, this site can save lives (and I am sure on many occasions it has saved many).

You could be a one of a kind Kirsty, a reporter who actually tells a straight up story. Rather than demonising Bluelight, you can promote safety of not only our younger people, but of anyone who wishes to experiment in drugs.

Good luck with the story
Please let us all know when it will be aired

PLUR

Hey guys

I am 17 currently at school and i have held a job for a number of years.

I made that thread when i was new to all this, isn't this site supposed to educate people ? Well that is what it has done. I test all my pills and take many precautions so i think i am suitable. If you are going to judge me on a thread i made quite a while ago and a few typos then i think that is quite unfair.

Hey guys

I am 17 currently at school and i have held a job for a number of years.

I made that thread when i was new to all this, isn't this site supposed to educate people ? Well that is what it has done. I test all my pills and take many precautions so i think i am suitable. If you are going to judge me on a thread i made quite a while ago and a few typos then i think that is quite unfair.

I hope you took no offence at my guess at your age, I wasn't implying a lack of maturity, I was just basing it on your name. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Far be it from any of us to decide if you are right or not anyway, you wouldn't be a representative of this board or any of its members and the issue is entirely up to you. Spelling mistakes do not ignorance imply, some of the most educated members of this board have both shocking grammar and spelling. I don't think anyone else is terribly keen at taking a shot at this anyway.

Nah no hard feelings mate.

I am a quick learner and that question I asked about Meth/Amphet/Ice was quite valid i still believe because it is different for all areas and government agencies make ice sound like this brand new drug, I tested some mates base the other day and it came up as Amphetamine not Methamphetamine so i can only assume that not all speed in Australia is Meth.

Not all speed anywhere is meth. Speed is a general term that encompasses amphetamine, methamphetamine, dextroamphetamine, etc.

Really? Where I'm from speed means pasty crap with no psychoactive substances or recreational value whatsoever. Maybe some glucose but not nearly enough for even a sugar rush :D

Really? Where I'm from speed means pasty crap with no psychoactive substances or recreational value whatsoever. Maybe some glucose but not nearly enough for even a sugar rush :D

Stay away!! glucose is high GI :) !!

On a serious note, I'm wondering about the volume of use of the people who have volunteered for this and whether or not it may be misrepresentative of the average user.

This is NOT to be taken as discouragement of course, just is worth mentioning that these forums tend to be dominated by heavier users and several people have alluded to amounts that may be interpreted as excessive and belying a lack of self-control. In such cases perhaps one might take care to explicitly distinguish their personal habits from those of the majority. No offence intended of course <3 <3.

Hi all,
my name's Bob, Bob Lancaster. I'm here for the tv program job. a little about myself? well. okay then. well, i dont really have a job. yeah... I'm on the centrelink payroll. yeh. it's alright, i guess. well, you want me to talk about ecstacy? oh, okay then... ive never been able to afford food to eat, let alone ecstacy. yeah. although, i had it one time. yeah, ok. back in my youth. look what ecstacy does to you kids, ok? im livin proof, right here in the flesh, ok?

Psilo I can't confirm, but strikes me as someone who is walked a great many paths in his time. Mr Blonde is quite deceptively 18 I believe.

I'll take that as a compliment. :D