• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Nip/Tuck

Nip/Tuck' Finale Breaks Network Records
23 December 2005 (WENN)
The two-hour season finale of plastic surgery drama Nip/Tuck has made TV history for cable channel FX after recording the network's biggest ratings ever. The third-season wrap-up, which aired on Tuesday, drew 5.7 million viewers to TV sets across America. The show, starring Julian McMahon, Dylan Walsh and Joely Richardson and written and directed by series creator Ryan Murphy, drew 3.9 million in the 18-49 age group demographic - more than any other cable series this year. The episode was also repeated at midnight, luring an added 1.6 million viewers.

I should hope so. We should all write letters promising to buy whatever products are placed in the episode.

ah the finale was uberly awesome.
cant wait til next year.

wonder whats gonna happen with christian and kimber?

just heard on Enews that quinten will be back, in some capacity, in the fourth season.

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html&ref_id=17095&tid=5727&ref_type=101

I'm the happiest girl

'Nip/Tuck' Under Knife for Two More Seasons
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 05:00 PM PT
The plastic surgeons of FX's provocative series "Nip/Tuck" will be slicing and dicing for two more seasons.

Series creator Ryan Murphy has signed a deal with the network to stay on with the show for seasons three and four, along with executive producers Greer Shephard and Michael Robin, the cable network announced Tuesday (Jan. 11). The show's third season, consisting of 15 episodes, will debut in late summer or early fall.

"Over 'Nip/Tuck's' first two seasons, Ryan Murphy has displayed one of the sharpest and most original television voices ever," FX Entertainment president John Landgraf says. "We're overjoyed that his vision will remain in place for two more seasons."

Murphy's return wasn't assured as the show wound down its second season, despite strong ratings -- it's the No. 1 basic-cable series among adults 18-49 -- and Golden Globe nominations for best drama series and for stars Julian McMahon and Joely Richardson.

He was quoted as saying he might be done with the show after two years and a season finale in which McMahon's character, Dr. Christian Troy, appeared to be at the mercy of a killer. He was also looking ahead to directing his first feature film, an adaptation of the Augusten Burroughs memoir "Running with Scissors."

That project is still on track to begin filming in March, and Murphy will be back with the show for its next season.

"'Nip/Tuck' has been an extremely gratifying series for myself, Greer Shephard and Mike Robin to produce and direct," Murphy says. "We are anxious to being work on season three and look forward to working with our incredible cast and crew."

Landgraf also said Tuesday -- the opening day of the TV Critics Association winter press tour -- that FX would likely launch its fourth drama series during the summer. The network has two pilots from which to pick: "Thief," which stars Andre Braugher ("Homicide," "Gideon's Crossing") as a professional burglar, and "Over There," an Iraq-set military drama from Steven Bochco ("NYPD Blue") and "Mississippi Burning" writer Chris Gerolmo.

So at least, we know it's coming back for a 4th season.

At least I hope, considering this bit of info is old. GRRRRRRRR

I cant wait for the new seasons. It is what I waited for every week to come on TV. It is up there with my favorite shows, the sopranos being my favorite but I can wait to see the stuff tuck does this season they have some hard things to fill and make up for. Cant wait.

Any news on season 3 DVD release?? I bought season 1 and 2 but wishing 3 would hurry the fuck up

out of the 7 or 8 shows i watch that i realize suck, this sucks the worst. by a lot. the storylines are stupid, unbelievable, and the worst: predictable. the only remotely redeeming quality is the people in the show are attractive - but since every one of them would completely suck as your friend, even that barely qualifies it as watchable.

at least now i know who the carver was, as that was the only thing even slightly interesting anymore - and need i remind you how bad that story arc ended up sucking? i am stupidly loyal to shows (for chrissake i still watch ER*) but i won't be returning to this cesspool of stupidity.

*i seriously only watch that anymore in the hopes some character (usually carter) that i hated will die.

i agree with all of that... yes the carver line stunk in the end. i was annoyed that the speculation of quinten was true even with their little "twist"
and yes, i will be watching it again next season even after this fact

wanderlust said:
i agree with all of that... yes the carver line stunk in the end. i was annoyed that the speculation of quinten was true even with their little "twist"
and yes, i will be watching it again next season even after this fact

Hahaha. I feel the exact same way. =D

next season's start date has been released. september 5, tuesday nights again

Last edited:
dvd of season 3 is out on video on ebay, but wont come out in stores until aug 29th

i gotta say that after watching a few episodes of season 2, i was intrigued enough to want to finish season 2 and go back to finish up season 1

Im gonna try to get through season 3 before season 4 starts. I wanted to watch some of season 3 on TV, but it was revealing too many spoilers

so.... what did people think of the season opener?

and... who is the mom in the mom/daughter thing? what is her real name?

M/d incestuous threesome is a bit much for me. I was pretty pleased to see nip/tuck back on tv again, even if the episode wasn't really what i wanted.

I do like Christian's "butched up" apartment, though. Cock in the corner, and all.

I enjoyed it, cock in the corner LOL. Yea that was funny. And Christian having his Gay moment? Funny watching him plug the therapist from behind.. Other than that I think there were some good messages in the show. I would give it around a 9/10 cause I know there will be some boriiiiiinnnnnnggggg episodes to come.. I really like how you can get about 20 min of viewing before they cut to commercial. Very good thinking on FX's part. To bad we have to wait 6 more days to see a new one...

I really don't like Julia, Never did... But to each thier own...IMO

darn! i missed the episode last night! what'd i miss?