Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Heroes

yeh i'm actually really liking this show... it's even got a whole 'make fun of the fact we have to be pop-orientated' side to it.

Ravr said:
all the characters= caricatures. pathetic

its supposed to have a comic book flair to it... wtf would you expect? And i'd love to see you elaborate a bit on this statement.

I love this show! Too bad it's on break until april 24 :(

check out the heroes wiki for cool info about the show.. you can see where all the hidden symbol appearances are and shit it's pretty cool :)

I love heroes!!!

Im sad we have to wait nearly a month for the next one :( I dont know what im going to do with myself!

I really wanted to watch this show, but i have missed so many episodes that i have missed too much and i dont know what is going on.

Vitality said:
its supposed to have a comic book flair to it... wtf would you expect? And i'd love to see you elaborate a bit on this statement.

Bad acting, poor dialogue, stereotype characters in the show. It doesn't exempt it from criticism just because "it supposed to have a comic book flair." You know you should really analyze/ pay more attention to what you watch8)

stereotyped characters? that i would like to see you elaborate on.

yeah, the chinese guy has a funny accent, besides that what else?

this show is definitely great tv, there will be the occasional nitpicker as evidenced above, but anyone who hasn't seen it, defintely please pick up the series on dvd and start from the beginning. i hate tv drama, and this is original and fun.

Bad acting

some of the acting was spotty at first but it's pretty solid now imo.. especially between claire and her dad.

as for stereotyped characters.. some of the lesser characters aren't so well developed but quite a few of the major ones are pretty layered. I do agree some of the dialogue can get cheesy... but overall the show is still awesome. :D

TALLY said:
I really wanted to watch this show, but i have missed so many episodes that i have missed too much and i dont know what is going on.

you can watch them on nbc.com or download them from bittorrent ;)

DarthMom said:
stereotyped characters?

dude doesn't understand that comic books are full of stereotypes. that's sort of the point.

also, imagine your comic book dialogue - cheesy to the maximum. i wouldnt have expected anything else.

i watched all of the episodes in succession one day (i was hungover as hell, which meant i was stoned as hell, what can i say?) and i loved them all. definitely kept me on the edge of my seat.

and speaking of lost - it seems like something interesting might happen tonight... hopefully, because i've been kind of bored with it lately.

better said:
dude doesn't understand that comic books are full of stereotypes. that's sort of the point.

also, imagine your comic book dialogue - cheesy to the maximum. i wouldnt have expected anything else.

i watched all of the episodes in succession one day (i was hungover as hell, which meant i was stoned as hell, what can i say?) and i loved them all. definitely kept me on the edge of my seat.

and speaking of lost - it seems like something interesting might happen tonight... hopefully, because i've been kind of bored with it lately.

Try archetypes, not stereotypes.

I just started watching my bit torrent downloads (up to ep 10) last night. I'm absolutely rapt. I can't tell you the number of times I've grinned really wide, or laughed out loud, or been genuinely worried or excited about something in the story. I don't know when television did that for me last. Aside from Mohinder's oscillations between belief and disbelief, nothing bothers me about the writing and acting.

highly recommended; Heroes is my new must see, not that LOST has gotten bogged down under its own weight.

Heroes is a great show. I'm a little worried about where it's going to go after this season, but at the moment I'm just excited for the last 2 episodes!

I thought the season finale was supposed to be 2hrs long? Lame!

Maybe it's Jericho that's got a 2hr finale?

just seen the first episode and thought it was good but not great- will be watching the rest all the same as it looks/sounds like it has a fair bit of potential

just out of interest do all the major super heroes come from america?

The season finale has come and gone...

MOAR!

nah, hiro nakamura comes from japan. Hes the greatest. :)

the last episode was rather anti-climatic. however, I have enjoyed this series throughout the whole season. having comic book legend Jeph Loeb help produce really starting showing at the end. for some reason, I called out Hiro being sent back in Takenzo's time a couple minutes before it happened. everyone I was watching it with was impressed, to say the least, because I am horrible with that sorta thing.

I am interested in where they will continue to take this series in the future. the possibilities really are endless. I always love how they are not afraid to off people.

Ravr said:
Bad acting, poor dialogue, stereotype characters in the show. It doesn't exempt it from criticism just because "it supposed to have a comic book flair." You know you should really analyze/ pay more attention to what you watch8)

Still not seeing any elaboration, just a personal attack. If anything, I over analyze the tv shows that I watch and still believe that this is one of the best shows to be on TV in recent history. IMO, the only shows that hold a candle to it are The Shield and The Sopranos (which totally redeemed itself this season).

+1 on hiro being the greatest

Best hiro/ando interaction ever:

Ando: "Hiro -- you look totally badass" Hiro: "REALLY??" + stupid Hiro grin

Totally loved this show... but also called the end result of the final conflict months ago.

thanks to the power of the internet i have had a binge on heroes today, up to episode 8 and although its quite predictable its good watching and i will definatelt be watching season 2 and the origins spin off

and agree with hiro being the top hero, excellent chatracter. in fact he is the only one i dont find to be annoying almost to the point of shouting at the computer!

Vitality said:
S

Totally loved this show... but also called the end result of the final conflict months ago.

umm... the show itself called out the ending several months ago. that's why I thought the ending with the way Sylar died was a little anti-climatic. they should have found a way to kill Sylar that they didn't call out from the beginning, themselves.

you are right about the greatness of the Hiro/Ando interaction, though.