Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Heroes

Great series, NBC finally has a hit worth watching.

Sylar, bad ass. However, what a shitty, pussified final battle!! For all the powers he accumulated, and for all the shit he CAN do - he really didn't use much in his fight with Peter. But that's the thing about the show, the powers almost seem believable because they're not so glitzy and full of computer animated crap.

Two things:

1. Why couldn't Peter just fly his own ass up into space? What purpose did Nathan even have?

2. Remember the episode set 5 years into the future, it showed Nathan morphing into Sylar (or vice versa). How in the world? Is Nathan not dead, or was that just how it *could* end up?

it was how it could end up...
you're right about the final battle though, pretty pissy.
Or why couldn't nathan fly peter into space and then hurl him away from the planet or any number of things done differently, but I'll bet both peter and nathan are back for season 2.
And whats the deal with the mom, being all creepy Manchurian Candidate and shit, and who was richard roundtree suppossed to be?
I wanna know more about the team that was around years ago with malcom mcdowel and mr sulu and everybody else

When Peter was in the garage (right after claire ran away) talking with nathan, and read his mind, and nathan was thinking "no matter what you do peter, they're all going to die" why the fuck would he be thinking that if he never intended to allow the bomb to go off? Was it because he thought it was inevitable because he thought sylar was the bomb??

also, i simply cannot believe that they didn't have a big, badass fight scene with sylar and peter using all their powers to their full potential. sylar getting killed by that little bitch hiro was simply silly! i can't believe people think hiro is the coolest character! i think he sucks!

but a great show, nonetheless.

god, i can't wait for next season. hiro going back in time will definitely result in some more badass samurai shit in the cards.

also, did anyone notice how the final conversation between hiro and his father pretty much mirrors the scene in empire strikes back where luke leaves his training to rescue his friend, putting his accomplishments at risk in order to protect his loved ones?

i liked how they ended with the very beginning of the next chapter, to let people know there is a lot more ahead. overall, my favorite characters had to be that british stealth guy and hiro/ando. i liked how some characters really came off differently as time went on (claire's father from villain to hero, nathan from pussy to powerful, etc.), that isn't something that happens much in episodic drama.

this and friday night lights are the only good things on network tv lately, in my humble opinion.

Axl Blaze said:
umm... the show itself called out the ending several months ago. that's why I thought the ending with the way Sylar died was a little anti-climatic. they should have found a way to kill Sylar that they didn't call out from the beginning, themselves.

you are right about the greatness of the Hiro/Ando interaction, though.

I more meant that nathan would swoop in and scoop up peter at the last second, turning himself into a martyr rather than a villain.

also, I highly doubt that Sylar is dead... waaaaayy too much foreshadowing with the open sewer grate.

Kickass show, but I was really really hoping for a huge balls to the walls battle of the powers between sylar and peter. I have a feeling their budget limited them greatly in this. It was after all, the first run of a new show. There were other "battle" scenes that were way less than they should have been.

Example: The flash forward to the future, when Hiro and Peter are raiding the homeland security building, you get allllll pumped up for this giant battle about to happen and all you see is peter toss a couple people around and Hiro slice a couple guys up. Then they make this huge deal about Hiro going into the elevator even though there are dozens of guys waiting for him at the top... then nothing, they didn't even acknowledge what happened. And finally, we see super advanced sylar and peter about to duke it out, and all you see is flashes of color from behind a closed door.... super lame.

Oh well, still a great show, probably my favorite show of the year, but it still has its flaws. I'm really hoping next season we get a lot more info on the previous generation of heroes. Claude, Linderman, Mrs. Petrelli, Black dying dude, etc. I'm guessing the volume name "Generations" is pointing in that direction, but who knows...

new episode aired Monday night!!!!!

pretty solid though i didnt like Claire's new friend or whatever and the writing for Molly is not age appropriate.. she talks and is treated like an adult when she's just a kid

had a lot of ground to cover in the first ep but i cant wait to see how the story develops

The reasoning I have heard for Nathan flying Peter was that it was taking all of Peter's concentration/power to not blow up, and he couldn't manage flying at the same time. The Peter/Sylar showdown was nothing but a big tease.

Some big holes in S2's first episode, I hope they fill them in later. Like, Parkman worked so hard to save his marriage and then his wife got pregnant, now he is divorced and living in another state? How are two unrelated, un-civil unioned men raising Molly? Did they adopt her? Why did Nathan lose his family? Bc of his drinking? That's kind of lame.

I also don't like Claire's new friend/love interest either. And the WonderTwins - wouldn't it be easier for them to head for say, Miami, instead of NY?

And it used to be fun, kind of a game, to spot the "F" symbol. Now, they show it so blatantly, it's overkill.

I was an avid Heroes fan, until they took that super-long hiatus. When it came back, I couldn't have cared less. I watched the eps over the summer and was still very meh about it. Last night's show, however, may have brought me back. Not looking forward at all to Origins though. I think it will suck.

frizzantik said:
new episode aired Monday night!!!!!

pretty solid though i didnt like Claire's new friend or whatever and the writing for Molly is not age appropriate.. she talks and is treated like an adult when she's just a kid

had a lot of ground to cover in the first ep but i cant wait to see how the story develops

I thought the same thing. I guess molly is supposed to be wise beyond her years since she's got a power, though.

Neil Patrick Harris should play Kensai.

I am freaking out, I thought the new episode was great and damn it who is this new company and why are they knocking off Hiro's dad and Peter's Mom??! WHY HIRO'S DAD!! He was so damn cool when he finally accepted Hiro.

I didn't really like the Hiro goes to ancient China to distract his favorite legend Kenseko?? Tenseign??? (sp?)

Where and what time was peter. I think the company is an extension of whats his face that they killed on the last episode, couldnt he heal himself??? If peter was wearing that symbol the same one that is tattooed on Jessica, how does Jessica play into this, they never perpetuated on it in S1.

Poor Molly and her nightmares. yeah I agree how the hell did Parkman end up with Molly. I think secretly Molly's parents were knocked off by linderman.

Mohinder kicks ass, seriously! He is my favorite character. Maya is another Sighler, but what is this she isnt corrupt!??

"I see you".

Don't they usually do that when the show has already started flopping.

There better not be any Superman 3 blunders.

they were talking about that spin off at the end of last season.. it's not cause the show is flopping lol

I think secretly Molly's parents were knocked off by linderman.

they were killed by sylar in one of the first episodes.. the one where parkman finds her in the hidden room by using his powers and then everyone suspects him cause he reads his bosses mind and says "Sylar"

oh also Nathan's beard looks really fake.. and damn the Nissan commercial at the beginning was soooo blatant "The Rogue?!?!?" 8) lol :)

The spin off is supposed to be just fill in to stretch the season long enough to hit two different sweeps periods. It'll only play when Heroes takes its midseason hiatus.

frizzantik said:
and the writing for Molly is not age appropriate.. she talks and is treated like an adult when she's just a kid

Both children with powers carry on adult-like conversations.

I took it to be as a result of their more advanced evolution.

you didnt miss anything.. there's a recap on the heroes wiki though if you want to make sure