Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: British television

oh... i hate cooking programmes, i just like arrogant obnoxious scottish people arguing with americans. ;)

Bottom - If you like the Young Ones you should like this, it has Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson playing similar charactors.

Game On- About 3 flat mates, one with agrophobia who gets up to all sorts of crazy shit when he`s on his own.

Bo Selecta! - Bit off the wall and starts to wear thin after the first 2 series, but still pretty funny. Guy basically mocks celebs by creating weird masks and doing overblown impressions.

Ali G & Borat - Im sure you know Sacha since Borat but his earlier Tv outings are much funier than his movies.

Someones already mention The Fast Show, a charactor sketch show, easily one of the funniest things ever on Brit Tv, Whitehouse is a genius.

Also being a drugs site Ill second Ideal and Shameless.

From your original post you seem to be watching all the right stuff, Partridge especially ;)

Heh, I third Bottom.
bottom_1_396x222.jpg

Totally hillarious. Described as 'ribald humour' in the warnings at the start of the show when broadcast here in Aus.

But NOBODY has mentioned THE BILL! I am addicted, have been for 15 years. I do not go out of on the night it is on, I dont trust my VCR with such a big responsibility. The Bill FTW.

The OP mentioned documentaries.
London Ink - A shop run by the bloke that does all of David Beckams tattoos. There was every episode on Youtube but that account has been suspended.
I guess maybe this is a reality show more than a doco... BUT...
Private life of plants (David Attenborough) - This is the most amazing doco ever. I could watch it over and over. Most Attenborough is great but this one is the best.

Has anyone mentioned Top Gear?

I always had a soft spot for Man About the House.... but I thought George and Mildred was rubbish.

The Office, the first season, is pretty classic. Very few things in life top Ricky Gervais bringing in his guitar from home and singing a couple of songs during that MBA's presentation.

Rod-Everrard said:
Bottom - If you like the Young Ones you should like this, it has Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson playing similar charactors.

I've already got all of Bottom, plus a ton of their live shows and their movie. Good mindless fun.

From your original post you seem to be watching all the right stuff, Partridge especially ;)

Steve Coogan is one of my heros. Saxondale is one of the best things on television anywhere.

ego_loss said:
Steve Coogan is one of my heros. Saxondale is one of the best things on television anywhere.

I do love saxondale, but partridge steals it by a fair margain imo=D

Watch out for the Alan Partridge film which he`s filming at the moment, apparently terrorists take over the BBC studio`s!

Cant fuckin wait!

Busty St Clare said:
Has anyone mentioned Top Gear?

Jeremy Clarkson is a pure ass piece:D

He thinks he`s sooooo much funnier than he is, which is not very.

Imo of course.

Rod-Everrard said:
Watch out for the Alan Partridge film which he`s filming at the moment, apparently terrorists take over the BBC studio`s!

Cant fuckin wait!
what? URL please. ;)

Rod-Everrard said:

Imo of course.

Top Gear is great. Its the only car show that I actually like. The guy with the fucked up curly hair is annoying though

The only other BBC show that I've seen was about lesbians in prison (cant remember the name) and I was dissapointed :(

Rod-Everrard said:

Imo of course.
The guy's an idiot. He makes me squirm whenever I watch him.

Rod-Everrard said:
I do love saxondale, but partridge steals it by a fair margain imo=D

Cant fuckin wait!
still no sign of this yet :\

From The Sunday Times
November 11, 2007
Aha! Terrorists face wrath of Alan Partridge

ALAN PARTRIDGE, the cheesy chat show host created by the comic actor Steve Coogan, is to return - this time to the big screen.

Five years after his last comedy series, when the socially inept disc jockey was left stranded in the backwaters of regional radio, he is to make the big time. But Partridge’s fictional comeback is sabotaged when a Middle Eastern terrorist cell hijacks the BBC head office, according to an outline of the proposed big-screen debut for Alan Partridge: The Movie.

Coogan returned to Britain last week after filming projects in California and Hawaii and knowing that in the US he is regarded as the talent who, alongside Ricky Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen, will finally stop Americans talking about Monty Python and Benny Hill.

Larry David, who co-created Seinfeld and invited Coogan to act as a destructive family guidance counsellor on his Curb Your Enthusiasm, said he is now unable to speak to Coogan without cracking up laughing.

In the last series of Partridge, the thin-skinned narcissist suffered a series of blows to his ego as he swapped his digs at the Linton Travel Tavern in Norwich for a “static home”, or caravan.

However, new characters such as Saxondale, his portly ex-roadie, have failed to match the appeal of Partridge, which has generated DVD sales of 500,000.

Coogan, 42, has rejected pleas to revive some of Partridge’s most treasured judgments, such as “Paul McCartney’s Wings – the band the Beatles could have been”, but has already written some of the film dialogue for his “negotiations” with the terrorists: “Your position is that you want to destroy the West. The West’s position is that, broadly speaking, they don’t want to be destroyed.

“Is there a midway between those two positions that could satisfy us both? Rather than suicide bombings, you achieve so much more with a sternly worded letter.” The actor said recently: “Part of me wants to do it, part of me wants to do other things.”

Patrick Marber, the Oscar-nominated playwright who directed some of Coogan’s early comedy shows, will work on the Partridge movie. Universal, the Hollywood film studio, has expressed interest in bankrolling the film alongside talkback-Thames, the British firm.

In recent years Coogan was in danger of becoming more of a tabloid target, with tales of drug use and sexual excess, than a writer of the peculiarly British comedy of embarrassment.

In 2002 he was caught with strippers in his bedroom: “I was shocked to find out they were lap dancers. I was under the impression that they were Latvian refugees who needed shelter for the night,” he said, poker-faced.

He was infuriated by claims from Courtney Love, the rock singer, that he had impregnated her during a brief affair. She went on to allege that he had driven his friend, the actor Owen Wilson, to attempt suicide.

felix said:
US Kitchen Nightmares is one of my favourite progs at the moment, but i don't like it as much as the UK version.

forget the annoying screen type reminding us who is who... how about just two episodes a season without and annoying jersey/new york/long island accent? i want to strangle these people.

the uk version, while basically the same every show, is less dramatically acted and over done. gordon does not puke (almost) every episode as he does in the us version. we are not shown three accumulated inches of fryer grease. the owners, while stubborn, are not so much like an over drawn characters as just irate and poor businessmen/women. it is less like a reality show or tryouts for being an extra in the future tele shows in the uk version. much better.

^ do you have a schoolboy crush on felicity kendal?

:)

alasdair

Oh god, yes.

She's actually also the one famous person I've ever met, too. In London about 20 years ago. :)