• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Trying to kick mild opiate habit - what helps?

Smoking cannabis makes withdrawing from an opiate easier for me, personally. Though I know a lot of people hate it. Also, any benzo is a godsend. If you dose enough it can relieve all withdrawal symptoms, just don't use them for longer than you really need to (1 week, 2 max). Other than that, time always works well too.. :)

Ash. <3

Ive heard that Shark fin soup helps, but that seem sto be quite rare so you may want to stay with the classics such as powdered rhino horn or stem cells.

Ive heard that Shark fin soup helps, but that seem sto be quite rare so you may want to stay with the classics such as powdered rhino horn or stem cells.

That's awesome - you're probably a narco-fascist-dickhead for saying that ;) Happy I never became a cop.

Smoking cannabis makes withdrawing from an opiate easier for me, personally. Though I know a lot of people hate it. Also, any benzo is a godsend. If you dose enough it can relieve all withdrawal symptoms, just don't use them for longer than you really need to (1 week, 2 max). Other than that, time always works well too.. :)

Ash. <3

Weed seems to mess with me more than any other drug-makes me schizo. Benzos have too many side-effects that make life too hard, so also no good. I am sticking to alcohol and kava and aforementionned stuff.

Wow, it has been ages since I last posted. THing have been better in my life. Doing therapy, going to NA meeting regularly but still not completely clean. Since November I have been laying into the Oxy IR 30mgs and Oxycontin 40mgs quite heavily. It was lik 1-3 times a week and then became at least every second day. I also did a few 100mgs MSContin here and there and a lot of benzos in between...diazepam, triazolam, alprazolam and some clonazepam. Luckily my mother took the flunitrazepam off me.

So here I am again and need at least a break. I have completely quite alcohol for 2 months which is the longest ever. Opioids for 3 days and using diazepam for the withdrawal. I didn't get much sleep last night but don't feel too bad except for mood, restlessness, leg pain, hot and cold flashes and of course.....cravings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping to drop the benzos from the regimen tomorrow as it will then be the 96 hour mark in the evening...or at least lower the dosage down to sat 5-10mg for 1-3 days. Yesteray I did probably 40mgs and today probably 30mgs.

So it seems like I am getting through the detox for now. But as always I am scared it's the PAWS that will get me. I've been here plenty of times and must say I am not too confident to get more than 10-30 days clean up.....its actually so sad. That's all I can ever get together. Detoxing is easy, staying clean is so hard.

It was lik 1-3 times a week and then became at least every second day
das not heavy mate. iv been doing roughly that the last few months and havnt caught any withdrawals or addiction. my tolerance may have gone up slightly but they may also be because im becoming more accustomed to the effects. i have not yet felt any withdrawals. tbh im getting bored of the shit and am running low on supplies, i doubt i will bother to continue the game. the experience was fun but there is not much more to gain yet a heap to lose.
iazepam, triazolam, alprazolam and some clonazepam
careful of the benzo. they be just as addictive with just as bad if not worse comedowns.
Detoxing is easy, staying clean is so hard.
true! where are you getting all your phams from? are you prescribed or just scoring off someone?
all the best

Ayahuasca with intent to get clean is something to really consider. It and LSD have cured me from chronic ice, alcohol, ciggie and weed addictions. I am 100% sober now due to using psychedelics. I strongly suggest it as I am far from alone in getting these blessings. You need to have the set and setting right and have positive intent. Good luck

all supplied for chronic pain, insomnia and GAD and panic attacks....all legit which makes it even harder.

had 2 slipped disc and have been back on taper from y.jumped off today.nasty as higher doses...120mgs for 2 months dails. that is when withdrawals become more pronounced. day 1 off mow.ton of benzos and all the nutrition shit.lethargy and sweats and aches are nast. day 2 will be worse. the old cycle over again.

Keep a written diary,. this way you cant 'trick' yourself Also try to prepare a schedule for everday.

jumping from 120mg would be rough indeed, though 2 10mg doses of loperamide and perhaps some codiene on top over a few days while tapering those meds should help immensely.

i ct for a day or two from 200mgs plus of iv morph and oxy on top after a year and feel like death. drinking water and feeding myself is a chore let alone walking with my chronic pain.

in dire need ill borrow tramadol off dad just to function and go for a bike ride to get lope when nothing else is on hand at home.

Keep a written diary,. this way you cant 'trick' yourself Also try to prepare a schedule for everday.

This's a really good idea Cartesia (never thought of this before)! It's extremely easy to trick oneself - dosing a little and saying "this doesn't count", dosing and basically forgetting, etc. - without actually meaning to! The brain is an easy thing to deceive unfortunately. :\

Last edited:
No personal experience, but most pharmacists can give you a "blind taper". You never know how much you are getting.

Massive Caveat: If you have take away doses - this will not work, because the law, in all its wisdom, require to have the dose listed.

I know that this worked for people before, I've spoken to several. In the end they are giving you cordial. It's possibly the placebo effect. It could mean you are really ready to get off, because every time you reduce, you are going to go through discomfort - speaking from personal experience. But when they tell you that they've been giving you cordial for the last 3 weeks, I'm sure you'd be rapt (me, I'd probably go score the biggest amount I could, knowing that NOTHING would be preventing that high I'd been looking for for so long) but that's bad HR advice, so don't do that.

It is an option though. I tried that, failed on the first reduction, well, failed equaled buying other things because I knew I was sick. Everything works for different people, and the placebo affect is NOT FAKE, it's proven. It works.

I suggest weaning yourself off slowly, then replacing it with exercise and healthy eating. Running releases the same chemicals as opiates. (happy brain chemicals)

No personal experience, but most pharmacists can give you a "blind taper". You never know how much you are getting.....I know that this worked for people before, I've spoken to several. In the end they are giving you cordial. It's possibly the placebo effect.....

Can I ask where? In Aus if a drug says it has x-mg (or however amount) of y-drug, legally it must! 8o

Ultimately the pharmacist will titrate the dose down (if that's what's specified in your ORT plan), however without informing the one dosing (either verbally or in a written plan)? Sounds kinda dodgy to me. =S

....and the placebo affect is NOT FAKE, it's proven. It works.

The placebo (or vs. nocebo) affect is an interesting one! The occurrence of which I don't think is deniable, it's more to the extent/effect of which is possible that is debatable! It's an interesting effect! :)

I suggest weaning yourself off slowly, then replacing it with exercise and healthy eating. Running releases the same chemicals as opiates. (happy brain chemicals)

Good advice! (although not the same chemicals; structurally similar endogenous chemicals [endorphins, enkephalins, dynorphins] ;) =D )

Last edited:
I went from 80mg of OXY per day down to 1mg of Hydrocodone a day. Then I was feeling the PAWs and started taking Tramadol and needed about 250 a day to even me out. Now I'm down to 50mg of tramadol a day and will be going to 25mg a day after a taper period of about six months. I'd had a few relapses here and there. Was cleaning out my kitchen and found some 80mg Oxy that I'd dropped months ago and of course I ate em. The PAWs part is a bitch and Xanax has played a key role in my recovery. Now I will need to get off the 1mg of Xanax that I've been taking for over a year.

You really have to taper, the cold turkey approach is unrealistic in my opinion if you're a working professional.

I'm sorry if this seems silly but what is PAWs? I've been searching and cannot find a definition? Starting my detox as we speak and I'm already shuddering at the thought of the next week :/.