• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping Alone

IDK for sure, but I think he's for real...since my dogs are also my preferred trip sitters. Animals can always tell when you're tripping and you never have to worry about them freaking out and calling 911.

Oh, I'm for real :) I've got fairly bad social anxiety disorder and absolutely can't stand (and no longer take) the prescribed benzo's and whatever else the doctors had me try. Horrible side effects (so thats a major reason for solo tripping)

Set and setting are usually the same - at home and slightly in the evening. Dogs have been taken for walks and let out to crap (or whatever). Cat litter boxes are freshly cleaned and bowls of food laid out. One dog (my brain dead golden lab) gets put in her kennel mostly - unless I've had too many beer and forget.

But yeah, the pets are invaluable; I swear when cats start to purr you can see the energy just flow off of them,

The dogs, well one of them ate so much cat shit and barfed on the carpet and I had to clean it up while tripping. The cats kinda stay in a 3-4 ft orbit around me and occasionally come in for a pat. The dogs run right up to me shoving a drooly dog toy in my face.

If all I want to do is lie back and listen to music or watch a movie, usually the only thing I have to worry about is a cat curling up on my chest.

Tom

Oh, I'm for real :) I've got fairly bad social anxiety disorder and absolutely can't stand (and no longer take) the prescribed benzo's and whatever else the doctors had me try. Horrible side effects (so thats a major reason for solo tripping)

Set and setting are usually the same - at home and slightly in the evening. Dogs have been taken for walks and let out to crap (or whatever). Cat litter boxes are freshly cleaned and bowls of food laid out. One dog (my brain dead golden lab) gets put in her kennel mostly - unless I've had too many beer and forget.

But yeah, the pets are invaluable; I swear when cats start to purr you can see the energy just flow off of them,

The dogs, well one of them ate so much cat shit and barfed on the carpet and I had to clean it up while tripping. The cats kinda stay in a 3-4 ft orbit around me and occasionally come in for a pat. The dogs run right up to me shoving a drooly dog toy in my face.

If all I want to do is lie back and listen to music or watch a movie, usually the only thing I have to worry about is a cat curling up on my chest.

Tom
Reminds me of how much I love animals :')

Too bad I'm not in a condition to take care of one. Brain dead golden lab? :(

My dog got sprayed by a skunk one time when I was tripping my face off! It was terrible! I was sitting by a fire cooking hot dogs on four hits of quality LSD, three mgs of DOC, twenty five mgs of 2c-B, MXE, and I was stoned out of my gourd when I heard my poor dog yelp loudly from the woods. He came flying by and I wanted to ralph from the stink. I was in no state to take care of my poor buddy so I put him in the garage until morning when I was able to deal with him and his wash him.:(

My dog got sprayed by a skunk one time when I was tripping my face off! It was terrible! I was sitting by a fire cooking hot dogs on four hits of quality LSD, three mgs of DOC, twenty five mgs of 2c-B, MXE, and I was stoned out of my gourd when I heard my poor dog yelp loudly from the woods. He came flying by and I wanted to ralph from the stink. I was in no state to take care of my poor buddy so I put him in the garage until morning when I was able to deal with him and his wash him.:(
I bet he was one stinky animal

Reminds me of how much I love animals :')

Too bad I'm not in a condition to take care of one. Brain dead golden lab? :(

Sorry, I mean a totally stupid (but very lovable) dog. As in chewing open closed tins of sardines, sleeping with her chin in the water dish, etc. Would probably welcome burglars. That kind if a dog. Sorry for the bad choice of words on my part.

Tom

I suspect that my dog has a sense of humour and would enjoy freaking me out. Thirty years ago Hudson the cat decided to liven up an already fairly spactacular trip by periodically turning up with brussel sprouts, he would come in, drop one at your feet and then go out again only to return ten minutes later with another. By the morning we had quite a pile of the horrid things just to prove that it was real.
I used to like tripping with other people for a few hours and would then wander off on my own when I had had enough but I was always extremely comfortable with my trip friends and trusted them implicitly. I don't trip any more, I thought about doing it once more for old times sake whilst visiting Amsterdam about ten years back but had a vivid and almost lucid dream where the shrooms told me not to. I thought it best to listen assuming that it was my subconscious warning me and in truth I think I have done enough for one lifetime.
Wags, Greyhounder

I do. Used to have a crew in my former state back in the day. Can't find anyone that wants to partake in the shroomy goodness here.

Oh, don't worry about it Tom. I was just wondering if your lab was really braindead since I've never heard anyone having such a pet.

You seem to be a very nice guy and your posts about you tripping with your pets made me smile, and even thinking about having an animal friend (like cat) at some point :)

I just first need to be able to take care of myself...

I enjoy tripping by myself more. This summer it was usually eating some shrooms and going for a hike in the woods on a sunny day. Awesome. When I'm at home, though, my cat is a pretty good gauge by how messed up I am. He'll usually be chilling on the couch behind me, and if I'm just on a normal trip, then his eyes and fur will periodically shimmer. That one time I ate 12 grams, though, he morphed into some weird reptilian frog/cat hybrid, which was pretty creepy, actually.

Tripping alone was bad news for me... LSD, and I never did the stuff again. 16 years ago.
Too intense to be solo. And I love being high alone. Tripping balls is a whole other league.

I have tripped twice so far, on LSD. First time was with a relatively sober sitter, my best friend. He took a minor dose of amphetamine to stay awake with me. It was fun, we were dancing, talking, admiring art and music.
The second time I decided to trip alone because I tried to stay social during my first trip which didn't allow me to do much introspective thinking.
Based on these experiences I prefer tripping alone hovewer on higher doses I might stick to having a sitter to change the setting around me if needed due to the unpredictable nature of the drug.

Last edited:
99% alone in the world full of people tripping on themselves
1% with others coordinating

Tripping alone will get you a whole lot further with a lot less. Nothing around you will ground you to reality. This is mostly positive, but if you don't handle being alone well sober, don't try it tripping. I would still try most things a few times before trying it alone.

Definitely solo, if I do trip w/others I don't want any sitters...non tripping people mess w/the vibe...IME/O.

I feel the same. Only want a sitter if I'm doing insanely high doses of something, when I wouldn't notice their presence, or if I'm doing a deliriant.

I've actually never had a trip sitter, unless you count someone to take the pipe from me after I've inhaled DMT.

I've just never felt the need for one. I don't take dissociatives and I generally keep my doses fairly moderate compared to some people. I trust myself to not do anything dangerous. Also, I have tripped around sober people a couple of times before and agree that they can throw off the vibe.

Tripped alone last night. First time taking LSD in 10 years. Very intense. 2.5 hours in I started to panic. So I took 1mg of clonazepam. I took a cool shower to get my mind off the panic. After clonazepam kicked in, it was a much smother trip. Total duration even after the clonazepam was 9 hours. If I ever trip again I'm going to be better mentally, physically and spiritually prepared.

Edit: and to answer the op, yes I do prefer to trip alone. And like others that have said before, I too end up worrying about my friends if I trip with them.

Please stay safe.

Last edited: