View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping Alone

gratefullydreaming

Bluelighter
How many of you prefer to trip solo? I like tripping solo because you don't have to worry about anyone else's well being, and can control the setting.

I like it both ways but will only trip with really good friends now a days. I like tripping alone best though because you can focus on exactly what you want and need at the time.

Agreed. I've had a couple trainwrecks to where one of my friends goes insane and leaves to just get himself into big trouble

Haha, I've had one to many experiences where someone has lost it as well. It's always made for funny stories later on but at the time it is totally uncool!

Personally, I always prefer to have a sitter or buddy. My best trips have been in small groups of two or three people with at least one sober person around to anchor us. I've witnessed a few freak-outs, but in my experience they're not likely if everyone doses responsibly.

Definitely solo, if I do trip w/others I don't want any sitters...non tripping people mess w/the vibe...IME/O.

above a certain dose (around 500ug+) i need to trip alone, even my closest and most trusted friends simply can't be around if i am to be comfortable with the trip. i like tripping at this dose so often i will trip solo and enjoy it

I don't like other people around when I'm tripping. I get very self conscious and people just make me nervous. LSD can cause an effect known as "delusions of reference", where you think people are saying or doing things directed at you when in fact they aren't.

I don't like other people around when I'm tripping. I get very self conscious and people just make me nervous. LSD can cause an effect known as "delusions of reference", where you think people are saying or doing things directed at you when in fact they aren't.

This happens to me as well. I agree with phuckingnutz though sober people completely throw off the vibe. I can handle it but would prefer not to

Fuck me, this happened far more times than I really could enjoy. Had the impression of the world/unit were about to disclose some wonder using people to say it to me, this drives me nuts.

i never trip with others on high doses, and on low doses i only take my best friends with me ;)

I wonder if there is a whole demographic of psychedelic users who don't use the internet enough to be on a forum like this and also prefer tripping with people, not alone.

i think thats the way it used to be back in the pre-internet days. or even now, when the introduction to drugs is via friends rather than personal curiosity.
(there you are at the festival / concert of your choice, and a friend of yours has this substance there he bought of some guy who said its awesome so lets do it together kind of thing.)
but tripping alone or in groups is more a thing of prefferance than to do with the internet or forums no?

I think it depends really. A few years back most people were on the tripping with others plane and some people would spout ignorant non sense about how tripping alone is anti social or the wrong way to go about it. As if psychedelics could only be used in groups. I bet the Internet has had an effect on this though it probably isn't that extreme.

I always felt most comfortable tripping alone. With others was always great to and I've had some amazing trips with friends & with my girlfriend, but sometimes I get this urge to immerse myself into the trip and let myself be a little crazy and I find it very difficult to do so around others. I think it's because I can fully relax without distractions or concern for others (or how I appear).

I only trip by myself, with 3 dogs and 2 cats as sitters. The cats are pretty cool; the dogs not so much.

Tom

It took me a while (years with many experiences + perfect set & setting almost every time) when I actually had courage to trip alone. Did shrooms few times.

And I realized something that you (OP) also mentioned: I always felt uncomfortable tripping with my friends, mainly worrying about their well being & also losing control over the situation. The lesson I learned was that I actually was projecting my own comeup anxiety in a way that it made me question if my friends were safe, and if I didn't feel comfortable I was always "sure" that others also didn't. I talked about this thing after my solo trips (with relatively low doses 1-1,5g dried cubensis) to my tripping buddies and it made that 'revelation' even more clear. And ever since I've felt more comfortable again tripping with others. The acceptance for the fact that I can't and I DON'T have to worry about being the one always in control severely lowered the anxiety. This is however different if you're the experienced one inviting ppl new to psychedelics tripping with you...

I only trip by myself, with 3 dogs and 2 cats as sitters. The cats are pretty cool; the dogs not so much.

Tom

Hahahha hhaha you cracking me up man

IDK for sure, but I think he's for real...since my dogs are also my preferred trip sitters. Animals can always tell when you're tripping and you never have to worry about them freaking out and calling 911.

Last edited: