• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J's Hottest 100 2004...

Looking at the way people vote, it's no surprise that bands' songs appear in clusters during the countdown!

I was always under the impression that the Hottest 100 CDs should contain all 100 tracks, even if it's 4 discs, people will still pay.

<3

Originally posted by keystroke
I was always under the impression that the Hottest 100 CDs should contain all 100 tracks...

^Agreed.
They should at least have that option available, imho.

Lets start a petition!

well call it the "Hottest 30-or-so Tracks We Could Clear and Sell To You On a Double CD" ;)

yeh, bands are anal and wont let them put their tracks on... fuck, it should be an honor to get onto a top 100 of a certain year... espically when there is a list of close to 1000 songs maybe more...

Farken!

So what's the story? I saw what the top 5 was on the big screen at the BDO, but apart from that i only saw bits and pieces. And the triple j website hasn't been updated yet.

Can anybody list the top 10?

i know franz ferdinand got #1 with take me out
missy higgins was #2 with scar (vomit btw, cant stand her whiney mini kasey chambers voice!)
#6 was missy too
powderfinger were in the top 10
and i think the grinners were too

see, sitting in a grandstand in the sun, staring at a sign with the top 100 songs for almost learns you something

I only listened from Jay and Lydnsey onwards but it was great. Stupid ferdinand winning though... Mediocre as...

The 10 I voted for did fuck all.

The party was a success however coz I feel fucking terrible this morning

1 franz ferdinand - take me out voted for this
2 missy higgins - scar
3 eskimo joe - from the sea voted for this
4 the killers - somebody told me voted for this
5 spiderbait - black betty
6 missy higgins - ten days
7 john butler trio - something's gotta give
8 little birdy - beautiful to me voted for this
9 powderfinger - bless my soul
10 the white stripes - jolene (live)voted for this

too much missy higgins for my liking.

Does anyone else think that's a kinda bland top 10? I do quite like that Little Birdy song though and it's awesome to see such a high Australian contingent.

^ Yeah that's probably a better description. Although I don't think any of the songs are particularly great either....

see i personally like Franz Ferdinand and am glad that they got the top spot - i was really pissed that they weren't booked for the BDO this year. A friend of mine has just finished touring with them over the UK, and she said that they are awesome live!

Would have liked to see the killers @ the BDO too, but im glad that they got into the top 10 also.

Always good to see Powderfinger & Eskimo Joe up there - they are 2 truly great aussie bands that have what it takes to be big OS

I've been out of the country for almost a year, so most of these tracks are new to me.

WTF is with numer 1? Either the country has gone mad, or this song must really grow on you.

it's an awesome song! I know many people who whenever it's on crank it up & just dance... this includes when it's on the radio in the car too ;)

take me out is really catchy, but i don't think it deserved #1 only because i find franz ferdinand tres mediocre. BUT i recognize the award is for the song not the band, so yeah...i get it. :\

tsssssssssssssssssss black betty being in the top 5 makes my eye twitch.

the killers - somebody told me

Should have been number one. Love this song.

too much missy higgins for my liking.
Understatement of the year. Someone please kill this woman.

Last edited: