• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tried using 100% grapefruit juice disappoints someone explain why

KobeBryant

Bluelighter
got a script for some perc 5/325 and have been giving me a nice euphoria just off two pills (10mg- low tolerance)for the past few days. I noticed they didn't last long tho so I wanted to try the grapefruit method.

I went out and got 100% juice white grapefruit and drank about two huge cups about 3 hrs ago

About 35 mins in I decided to pop two 10 mg and continue sipping the GFJ

It is now 3 hours in I didn't get hit with no euphoria or any pleasurable feelings I would get without the grapefruit .

What is going on? Is it being delayed? I do feel something slightly But nothing as strongly without the GF I actually took another 5mg

Still nothing really just no euphoria no wa blanket feeling slight tingles omega to feel it is being blocked or it is being absorbed very very slowly. I am quiete disappointed that I may have wasted these pills or you think it will hit me in a few? Did I take too much grapefruit juice ?

Thanks guys anything would help I felt like I wasted the pills

Should I dose again?
Should I wait a couple hours to dose?

It's making me so irritable and I know I shouldn't be isn't this suppose to potential it not shut it down
I know that even 5mg in the morning would hit me with euphoria, I am lost is this GFJ blocking it strongly and getting absorbed alowly because I do feel something but no euphoria at all

Please be patient. The fact that you have used two continuous days means that you will have a slight tolerance to them now, resulting in diminished results.

Wait a coupe of days, try a couple large glasses of PURE white grapefruit juice 1 hour before dosing your percs.

Stay safe and don't overdo the percs as they contain Acetaminophen/ Paracetamol.

I've never heard of the grapefruit theory, so probably shouldn't post this reply on this thread. But in my experience taking another 5mg after already taking 10mg would be a waste. Think of taking pills as a roller coaster, the big hill comes first. unless you take the same amount (10mg) or more, you will not really increase your high on the second dose. I personally haven't found anything to extend the high except for taking more on the initial dose. which is where ppl eat through their script or take too much. not sure how often you take oxy but thats my experience.

Thanks for the input but I somehow never have a tolerance to opiates wierd right .... I stopped opiates cold turkey for about 5 years and when I was doing them I could get euphoric off 5-15mg every time even doing it one month straight

Just jump off of the grape fruit train and go for cimetidine. It does the same thing, but its a lot easier in my opinion, but i dont like the taste of grapefruit, so that may just be me. Take up to 400mg (2 pills) of cimetidine, wait an hour, than take your oxy.

Also, if you want, there are plenty of other ways to potentiate your oxy as well. Just search "opiate potentiation" in the search bar, you'll find a lot of good info. Dont overdo it

Do you think I drank too much of the grapefruit? That it blocked it completely well atleast made it absorb very slowly

No, at that low of a dose I'm not surprised it doesn't prolong that much. I tried potentiating every opiate I ever could get this way, with little success. Some people probably just have different expression levels of cytochrome P enzymes. I only ever really noticed a small difference when I would drink a solid 32 to 48 fl. oz. of PURE white grapefruit juice. Try cimetidine like another suggested, it is probably even cheaper in the long run.

Never had any luck potentiating opiates with Grapefruit Juice,Tums,Omperazole, or any of that other bullshit. Alcohol was the only thing that improved my high but it's dangerous and I wouldn't recommend mixing them(2 of my friends died from alcohol and opiates).
If you are not addicted wait a few days and pop them again!!!

Ever since I drank the grapefruit juice my euphoria disappeared. I feel it but no euphoria I will never ever take GFJ again

I think the grapefruit juice thing is very subjective. I never found it made a difference one way or the other.

Grapefruit juice and opiates never did much for me but WGFJ (ocean spray 5.5 oz. cans) from the bar at my old job really helped out the klonopin especially with duration. Be careful with the shit though it potentiates all kinda drugs...

I'm really getting sick of these grapefruit juice threads , as the poster above mentioned it's not reall that much of a potentiator as a prolongator , also hydrating and good viber and vitamin c values are always nice if you putting drugs into your body.

For me a glass of juice is not nearly enough , pink grapefruit juice doesn't do shit and euphoria does not always come from doing more. I find grapefruit juice to be the most worthwhile when combined with oral morphine but it's ok with methadone too

So I came to the conclusion I have yet to achieve any euphoria after buying that white GFJ worst move I've ever made imo.

I do notice I am nodding out a ton but no euphoria is there something here am I taking too high of a dose?
I tried spacing and eating and waiting.
I feel tired could that also be it ?
Well I wasted about 120mg of roxicodone and a few percocets with no euphoria

The only thing that ever potentiate anything I've taken is to take more. Oxycodone especially for me. Nothing made 150mgs oxy feel like 200mgs oxy except for taking 200mgs of oxy.

One time I threw up after drinking grapefruit juice and kratom. The nausea was just from too much kratom but holy fuck did it burn with the grapefruit juice. My throat was sore for several days after. Never again.

Ok wow how did this not been brought up by anyone.

Anyways I got that EUPHORIA!

I simply took one of my roxi 30mg split it down the middle saved one half and chopped the other half (two 15mg roughly)

I then split the pile I chopped into two parts (roughly 7.5mg) lined up one line and snorted. Waited about ten minutes in I'm rushed with waves of euphoria and it's still going wow.

What could have been preventing this, I notice I am also not nodding which I am not a huge fan of but I am experiencing a sense of well being, happiness to the max, pain free, feel like everything is complete. Complete bliss right now

I have heard hearsay that most of the enzyme inhibiting factors are in the rind and pulp of the grapefruit. I would believe it too, the pulp has a very different taste from the pure juice. This is purely speculation