• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tried using 100% grapefruit juice disappoints someone explain why

All GFJ does is act as a massively variable inhibitor of 3A4 and 2C9, the concentration of (dihydroxy-)bergamottin is massively different between examples of the fruit itself, differing brands, seasonal crops, country of origin, and a billion other factors.
You're pissing against the wind of probability trying to get a consistent effect with it, just use one of the multitude of inhibitors available OTC.

Cimetidine is not OTC where I live do you think any of these alternate CYP3a4.inhobitors are?

Idk if anyone read this but I found the euphoria by snorting a roxicodone

Ok wow how did this not been brought up by anyone.

Anyways I got that EUPHORIA!

I simply took one of my roxi 30mg split it down the middle saved one half and chopped the other half (two 15mg roughly)

I then split the pile I chopped into two parts (roughly 7.5mg) lined up one line and snorted. Waited about ten minutes in I'm rushed with waves of euphoria and it's still going wow.

What could have been preventing this, I notice I am also not nodding which I am not a huge fan of but I am experiencing a sense of well being, happiness to the max, pain free, feel like everything is complete. Complete bliss right now

How long does it take for the grapefruit juice to leave my system I think it's blocking the opiate!!

Isn't oxycodone one of the few opioids which grapefruit has no effect? I find it to work best with traditional opiates like morphine and codeine, taken 20 minutes prior. Hydrocodone as well, as I recall.

My tolorence is very high :( I can take 4-5 5mg Percocets and it won't even give me a buzz. What I try to do is find methadone(10 mg) and take those for a couple days and then go back to percocets or whatever you prefer. Methadone is a very long and pleasurable feeling IMO.

In the grand scheme of things a 25mg Oxy tolerance is not exactly large, jumping to an opioid with a HL like Methadone will ramp up your tolerance even faster.

GFJ doesn't potentiate, it kills the high. For me at least.

The only thing that truly potentiates opiates is Cimetedine.

Oh really? I didn't know that /: thanks for letting me know instead of wasting money! Is there a way to lower my tolorence without going through the symptoms of withdraw?

Oh really? I didn't know that /: thanks for letting me know instead of wasting money! Is there a way to lower my tolorence without going through the symptoms of withdraw?

Not really, simply using less and less often will slow the progression though.

GFJ doesn't potentiate, it kills the high. For me at least.

The only thing that truly potentiates opiates is Cimetedine.

Depends entirely on the metabolic fate of your chosen poison and its enzymatic pathway.
For the typical pro-drugs (Codeine/Hydro) induction of 2D6 will potentiate the effects but shorten the duration.
Playing around with your friendly neighbourhood cytochrome biocatalysts is damn efficient if done correctly but requires some give and take.

About 20 minutes prior to oral opium (pod or seed tea) increases the effects significantly - once in a while, that is. I believe there to be a reduction in it's efficiency aside from normal opiate tolerance, rather quickly indeed.

Depends entirely on the metabolic fate of your chosen poison and its enzymatic pathway.
For the typical pro-drugs (Codeine/Hydro) induction of 2D6 will potentiate the effects but shorten the duration.
Playing around with your friendly neighbourhood cytochrome biocatalysts is damn efficient if done correctly but requires some give and take.

Codeine is metabolized mostly by UGT2B7, only 5% of it is metabolized by CYP2D6. GFJ is completely useless here. Promethazine and Cimetidine are minor players as well.

GFJ can be used for Hydrocodone, since it acts on the CYP3A4, which is the major isoform responsible for Hydro's conversion into Norhydrocodone. CYP2D6(conversion to Hydromorphone) is a minor actor in Hydrocodone's metabolism. Cimetidine inhibits both CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, which makes it superior to GFJ.

Cimetidine inhibits P450 - CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP2E1 and CYP3A4. While GFJ only inhibits P450 CYP3A4.

Oxycodone, 47% is metabolized by CYP3A4 into Noroxycodone, this is the major player. Then from CYP3A4 it is further metabolized by CYP2D6, 11%, into Oxymorphone. So, once again, Cimetidine is superior to GFJ.

Methadone is metabolized by CYP3A4, CYP2B6 and CYP2D6. GFJ will only inhibit one enzyme, while Cimetidine will inhibit two.

We can go into Morphine, which is metabolized by UGT2B7, both GFJ and Cimetidine are useless.

If you're not using Cimetidine, you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Only 5% may be demethylated via 2D6 but the 10-fold relative potency of Morphine makes its impact much larger than such a figure would suggest.
There isn't much in the way of academic consensus regarding the efficacy of the glucoronidated conjugate metabolite relative to the analgesic action of Morphine, C6-G certainly plays a much larger role than originally theorised though, that's for sure.

Only 5% may be demethylated via 2D6 but the 10-fold relative potency of Morphine makes its impact much larger than such a figure would suggest.
There isn't much in the way of academic consensus regarding the efficacy of the glucoronidated conjugate metabolite relative to the analgesic action of Morphine, C6-G certainly plays a much larger role than originally theorised though, that's for sure.

In the other thread as well, I must admit that I am wrong/or unsure about Codeine to Morphine metabolism. There are studies that include people low on 2D6 and those who are not lacking the enzyme claiming that they had no difference in effect. But at the same time there is a ton of evidence for pro Morphine conversion Codeine.

One thing is for sure, C6G plays a bigger role than once thought.

Last edited: