• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Trazodone

sinzz

Bluelighter
What is trazodone used for ? is it a sleep aid ? mostly... im confused on it..doc wrote it for a sleepin pill for me?

Yes sleep is what it is mostly prescribed for. thier are other uses for it but cant remember off the top of my head. look it up on Wikipedia or drugs.com

IME it would cause me alot of sluggishness the morning after. Almost felt like a hangover.
Works different for everyone tho

Trazadone is pretty dope, youll enjoy it, I found it to be a little physically addictive though..

Trazodone is SARI, or serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor. It is often prescribed in lower doses for sleep, and has no recreational value. It will make you extremely tired and feel kinda weird. It does build tolerance quickly, but is no more addicting than any other anti-depressant. It is a phenylpiperazine compound.

No recreational value. It has not abuse potential. No more addicting than any other anti-depressant. It can be good for sleep in lower doses although can make you feel hungover in the morning.

In the uk it is used as an anti-depressant. And a pretty shit one at that.....

Trazadone is a shit drug. Causes way too many cases of rapid heartbeat because the way it lowers your blood pressure from Alpha-1 adrenergic receptor.

trazodone actually forms mCPP, a highly unpleasant psychedelic/stimulant piperazine as a metabolite. it induces anxiety and causes sluggishness and decreases motivation. it acts as a 5-HT & NAT releasing agent and 5-HT agonist.

mCPP is most famous for being sold as MDMA; notably "white rolex", "white sharks", and "white dolphin" pills.

Trazodone is actually an antidepressant. It has sedating properties. It is belongs (roughly) in the same family as tricyclic antidepressants since it was developed around the same time although structurally it is a tetracyclic. It used to be called poor man's prozac when prozac was only available as a brand name (and therefore it was expensive).

Go back and tell your doc it leaves you too groggy in the morning and you'd prefer some halcion. :)

Trazadone is a shit drug. Causes way too many cases of rapid heartbeat because the way it lowers your blood pressure from Alpha-1 adrenergic receptor.

Seroquel causes a rapid heart beat. I've never heard of Trazodone causing a rapid heart rate, if anything it helps out with anxiolytic properties to some extent.

Seroquel causes a rapid heart beat. I've never heard of Trazodone causing a rapid heart rate, if anything it helps out with anxiolytic properties to some extent.

They say the same thing with Seroquel.

Properties do not equate to actual perceived effects all the time...

I freak and have rapid heartbeat on Trazadone and Seroquel. Can't take them...

Yea trazodone actually gave me panic attacks, usually an hour after taking it, and would also make me go into tachycardia sometimes, which I am rather weary of because I have wolf-parkinson white syndrome.

in rehab they gave us up to 100mg for sleeping. for me i liked the drowsyness if i stayed up on it, but eventually i'd knock out. i think about 150mg + is used as an anti depressant.

Trazadone is an anti-depressant;
it is commonly prescribed for off label use for insomnia.
It has issues with long term effects because it metabolizes into mCPP which is a stimulant. So as the Trazadone doses get higher, side effects get worse.

It helped me just a bit but wasn't too useful in the end. it was rather hit or miss.
doeses started at 50mg and ended up around 150mg.

in rehab they gave us up to 100mg for sleeping. for me i liked the drowsyness if i stayed up on it, but eventually i'd knock out. i think about 150mg + is used as an anti depressant.

In my rehab Trazodone was also administered. Or Ambien for special cases because no addictive drugs were allowed. However, I was one of those special cases. Us who were would save our Ambien, take two and all meet up after taking before bedtime and trip together for a little bit.

In my rehab Trazodone was also administered. Or Ambien for special cases because no addictive drugs were allowed. However, I was one of those special cases. Us who were would save our Ambien, take two and all meet up after taking before bedtime and trip together for a little bit.

We would pop ours before the last cig break.

i was in the 18 - 26 program in my rehab and we couldn't even smoke cigarettes :( i resorted to snorting my clonidine, .2mg would knock me the fuck out, i'd be nodding off during the last meetings of the day ha.

No recreational value. It has not abuse potential. No more addicting than any other anti-depressant. It can be good for sleep in lower doses although can make you feel hungover in the morning.

Are you saying Trazodone is less addictive than pot, benzos and z-drugs, etc? As low as antipsychotic medication?! holy bonkers!!!