• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol withdrawal

riora69

Bluelighter
Hi!

I am on day 10 of tramadol WD. I took it quite well until the sixth day, but for the last 3 days I have been unable to sleep, despite a lot of excercise and focusing on other things.

Did you have a similar experience that the beginning is better than now? <In terms of sleep/physically

The sweating is still there, but I'm not as grumpy as in the first days. At this point i don't have to go to the toilet all the time and I don't have RLS.

Is there some sort of timeline for this?
My habit is an average of 1800-2000 mg per day for about 8 months, but the large dose only used the last 3 months. It would mean a lot if you could describe your experiences.

I have Ambien and Clonazepam (Rivotril) at home, but they don't help at all. But it is true that I only used clonazepam on the first day.

I'm amazed you're not having seizures or didn't have seizures on those doses. I had seizures withdrawaling from fentanyl and tramadol.

Both Ambien and Clonazepam are honestly some of the best meds you could have to help sleep, help with anxiety, etc. I would take them if you are struggling.

Congrats on kicking 10 days out you are basically almost out of the storm.

Those doses of tramadol are heroic.

I'm amazed you're not having seizures or didn't have seizures on those doses. I had seizures withdrawaling from fentanyl and tramadol.

Both Ambien and Clonazepam are honestly some of the best meds you could have to help sleep, help with anxiety, etc. I would take them if you are struggling.

Congrats on kicking 10 days out you are basically almost out of the storm.

Those doses of tramadol are heroic.
Hey!

I've read in many places that it can cause seizures over 400 mg, but I've never had one. To be honest, i went over 2000 mg, (plus 2 pills 2x200 mg Ralgen EX) but I just slept from it.

This sleep was amazing, i woke up every hour for 10-20 minutes which was very good. Everything fell into place this time. The tapering was also strange, because I went close to 300 mg in a week and cold turkey followed from there.

The first day I had such strong suicidal thoughts that I had to take a 0.5 mg clonazepam tablet. Not effect. Then I waited and took 10 mg Ambien on the fifth night. It didn't help, it just made me more anxious.

Now on day 10 I feel like I'm on the verge of psychosis. I want to sleep, but no matter what I do, it doesn't help. I sweat even when walking and am unable to do anything. Now it's 4:30AM and I watching at the TV and I can't sleep. Just a few minutes would be fine.

Your words are very encouraging, but I don't feel like I got out of the storm. Anyway, i'm trying to persevere. I have never been so determined.

Edit.:

do you think i can use clonazepam or would it just stretching the withdrawal?

Last edited:
Use clonazepam in daily doses up to 2-4mg and zolpidem up to 20mg. Do it for 3 days and tapper off in a week. That should resolve the problem completely just try not to get hooked on benzodiazepines cause when you try to kick that...well just dont find out.

P.S. 0,5mg of clonazepam didn't work cause it was too small of a dose for that time period. Try it now and go up by 0,5mg every 3 hours till anxiety and panic are alleviated. If you have access pregabalin is a great tool but whatever you do try not to replace addictions as many of us do... Hope you get better soon. Take care!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use clonazepam in daily up to 2-4mg an zolpidem up to 20. Do it for 3 days and tapper off in a week. That should resolve the problem completely just try not to get hooked on benzodiazepines cause when you try to kick that...well just dont find out.

P.S. 0,5mg of clinazepam didn't work cause it was too small of a dose for that time period. Try it now and go up by 0,5mg every 3 hours till anxiety and panic are alleviated. If you have access pregabalin is a great tool but whatever you do try not to replace addictions as many of us do... Hope you get better soon. Take care!
Thank you that you have written! I'm afraid if I use clonazepam it will stretch the withdrawal as it has SNRI properties like tramadol. am I wrong about this?

Thank you that you have written! I'm afraid if I use clonazepam it will stretch the withdrawal as it has SNRI properties like tramadol. am I wrong about this?
If you have clonazepam aka Roche Rivotril or Klonopin it is not an SNRI class med - it is a benzodiazepine with pronounced anti seizure effects. It mainly acts on GABA which is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter located throughout all of your body that regulates how excited your nerve cells are. Your fears are unfounded. It could be said that it is oposit to tramadols SNRI action. 🙂

If you have clonazepam aka Roche Rivotril or Klonopin it is not an SNRI class med - it is a benzodiazepine with pronounced anti seizure effects. It mainly acts on GABA which is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter located throughout all of your body that regulates how excited your nerve cells are. Your fears are unfounded. It could be said that it is oposit to tramadols SNRI action. 🙂

Okay, I will try it today, I have about 20 0.5 mg tablets. it can't get any worse than that

Okay, I will try it today, I have about 20 0.5 mg tablets. it can't get any worse than that

Yes I agree 0.5 is way too small a dose especially in withdrawal. Try 2 mg and Klonopin has a very long half life so I'd take it mid day to help you sleep at night and takes about 2 hours to kick in. You won't get addicted or withdrawal from 10 mg worth not possible.

I know exactly the feeling now when I quit phenibut or gabapentin I feel on the verge of psychosis which is a terrible feeling especially lack of sleep. But sadly for me abusing GABA drugs and now a history of seizures I feel impending doom and a seizure which I can't afford at work or in general.

Yes I agree 0.5 is way too small a dose especially in withdrawal. Try 2 mg and Klonopin has a very long half life so I'd take it mid day to help you sleep at night and takes about 2 hours to kick in. You won't get addicted or withdrawal from 10 mg worth not possible.

I know exactly the feeling now when I quit phenibut or gabapentin I feel on the verge of psychosis which is a terrible feeling especially lack of sleep. But sadly for me abusing GABA drugs and now a history of seizures I feel impending doom and a seizure which I can't afford at work or in general.

Are you going through withdrawal?

Are you going through withdrawal?

Not currently I tried to quit phenibut got out of detox September 12 ran out of Gabapentin after heavily abusing Xanax and other benzos, lyrica, basically everything GABA under the sun. I made it about 5 days before I bought some gabapentin. I need to take time off of work if I'm gonna quit gabapentin and phenibut I was at work and legit almost had a seizure I was about to fall over

Jelenleg nem próbáltam leszokni a phenibut kiszálltam a méregtelenítésből Szeptember 12-én elfogyott a Gabapentin, miután erősen visszaéltem a Xanax-szal és más benzokkal, lyricával, lényegében mindennel, ami GABA a nap alatt. Körülbelül 5 nappal azelőtt készítettem, hogy gabapentint vettem. Szabadságot kell kivennem a munkából, ha abba akarom hagyni a gabapentint és a phenit, de dolgoztam, és majdnem rohamot kaptam, és hamarosan felborulok

I'm lucky because I work in a well-paying workplace, but lately I've had to take out a loan. I think the worst thing about it is that you lose your job when you have a lot of problems anyway.

in my case, it's hard physical work that I can't do from home. I hope that you are also determined enough to step on the path that leads to clean!

I'm lucky because I work in a well-paying workplace, but lately I've had to take out a loan. I think the worst thing about it is that you lose your job when you have a lot of problems anyway.

in my case, it's hard physical work that I can't do from home. I hope that you are also determined enough to step on the path that leads to clean!

Yeah I'm a foreman for a construction company and having a seizure would not be a good look with engineers and all these workers under me lol

But yeah I'd like to get off all this crap

Hello!

I tried what you recommended today. 2x0.5 mg of clonazepam, 2 hours passed between taking the two. It has definitely reduced the anxiety and my mood is a bit better.

But something won't let me rest. Are you sure I'm not delaying the healing? Surely I'm not fooling myself? I'm afraid that if I continue to use clonazepam tomorrow, the withdrawal/insomnia will only return stronger after stopping it. Do you have experience with this?

Should I take the same amount of clonazepam tomorrow or should I take nothing? This is important to me, because I have read in many places that tramadol withdrawal is also an antidepressant withdrawal, and I use benzos (antidepressant) in the middle of the withdrawal. Funny.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, your comments mean a lot to me.

Take clonazepam as needed. You have too little of Rivotril to delay the healing. Rivotril doesnt touch opioid receptors amd it will let you not feeling like you will have psychosis. Also you will be able to sleep better in this next few days which will help you heal. Take 4 tablets next time, then 3, then, 3, then 2, then 2, then 1, then 1 and finish with half. Adjust for my mistakes in calculation of how many uou have. 10mg of clonazepam is not enough to induce physical dependence and the shock of withdrawal could make more damage to body than 10mg of clonazepam spaced through one week. Youre overthinking it. Youre doing fine.

Just to make clear - I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but things I know from experience. Take care man yore doing great!

Take clonazepam as needed. You have too little of Rivotril to delay the healing. Rivotril doesnt touch opioid receptors amd it will let you not feeling like you will have psychosis. Also you will be able to sleep better in this next few days which will help you heal. Take 4 tablets next time, then 3, then, 3, then 2, then 2, then 1, then 1 and finish with half. Adjust for my mistakes in calculation of how many uou have. 10mg of clonazepam is not enough to induce physical dependence and the shock of withdrawal could make more damage to body than 10mg of clonazepam spaced through one week. Youre overthinking it. Youre doing fine.

Just to make clear - I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but things I know from experience. Take care man yore doing great!

There are 18 more 0.5 mg Rivotril, because I took two. can you say a few words about the withdrawal shock? I haven't read about it yet.
Thank you!

I can say with confidence using benzodiazepines will not delay your receptor and brain healing from Tramadol or any opiate for that matter. They work on completely different receptors.

To be honest with you when I quit any opiate I need about 20 days to begin to sleep properly and 30 days to feel “normal” again. Methadone which has a very long half life it took me 3 months to feel “normal”

Just hang in there . What’s probably negatively affecting you the most is the fact with Tramadol you are basically withdrawing from a antidepressant if I had to guess the opioid effects of Tramadol aren’t why you’re not sleeping or feel fuzzy it’s the SNRI.

There’s a reason rehab facilities are 28 days long and benzodiazepines are common practice in the medical community to ease opioid and opiate withdrawal symptoms, unless you used them for 2 weeks plus at doses of 4 mg plus I couldn’t see an issue.

Klonopin is actually considered one of the better benzos to take because the long half life in a way protects you from withdrawal unless abusing it in doses of 4+ mg for long periods of time

So.. Can I not sleep because of the SNRI effect of tramadol? I didn't know this, but in recent days I've been reading about it day and night. So is Clonazepam safe in my case? Ofc just this 20x.05 mg tavlets.

I can't thank you enough for your guidance!

So.. Can I not sleep because of the SNRI effect of tramadol? I didn't know this, but in recent days I've been reading about it day and night. So is Clonazepam safe in my case? Ofc just this 20x.05 mg tavlets.

I can't thank you enough for your guidance!
Yes you can! ❤️