• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol withdrawal

I definitely know how you feel..even when your strength has returned, it's as if it holds no ambition because of the depressive state that we remain in along with freaky anxiety. Almost hard to put your finger on the actual symptoms because it is all mental(for the most part) after the acute phase is over..if you fear of any more relapsing or feel it's definitely going to happen, try to get codeine or hydrocodone. After going through that 'bout you should be able to kick it MUCH easier and the depression/anxiety is far less than that of the PAWS of Tramadol.

Yea I know how you feel too, I just got up from thrashing around all night, night 7 no tramadol. (Last night was my worst night but I have all kinds of PTSD stuff going on as well & also suffer night terrors) anyway
Depression & anxiety after tramadol can be tough. Maybe you are also in addition to whatever anxiety problems you deal with, could be feeling rebound affect from Xanax since it’s a lot faster acting than clonazepam that has way slower half life so it kinda stays as opposed to the anxiety spikes after Xanax. I hope that made any sense

Just wanted to send you my support & let you know you are not alone 💜

unfortunately, I also know benzo addiction. for years I used enormous amounts of clonazepam and alprazolam. I managed to quit after 7 years. this happened cca. 7 years ago. for me tramadol is much worse withdrawal.

recently I noticed that I feel anxious even while using tramadol, it no longer gives me the same feeling. I tried to be strong and stop again and now I feel like I hate it until the last time I craved it. of course, many bad things happened because of him. I hurt my family, my girlfriend and everyone around me. I can not afford it. I trust myself that this time I won't just stay clean for a few weeks.

today is my 19th day. I started at a new job by using tramadol for the first 3 days. I went through withdrawal and all the bad things that come with it, so I had to perform seriously, I worked 10 hours a day in complete withdrawal. so far this has not been typical. I stayed at home and was sick when I had withdrawal. the past 19 days have been a little bit of hell, but I made it through. I'm trying to motivate myself, but there's anxiety, dysphoria and the stress of the new situation. hard.

thank you for your encouraging comment!

I definitely know how you feel..even when your strength has returned, it's as if it holds no ambition because of the depressive state that we remain in along with freaky anxiety. Almost hard to put your finger on the actual symptoms because it is all mental(for the most part) after the acute phase is over..if you fear of any more relapsing or feel it's definitely going to happen, try to get codeine or hydrocodone. After going through that 'bout you should be able to kick it MUCH easier and the depression/anxiety is far less than that of the PAWS of Tramadol.
Yes! that's exactly how i feel. I find no joy in anything and I have no desire for anything. I know this will pass, but it's as if happiness has disappeared from the world.

I applaud your efforts and sincerely hope that you get to the place where you are satisfied with yourself. Take care and please update us. We have far too few success stories as people tend to not write back when they kick their addictions. I have true belief that you will make it and please inform us. Whatever way it goes. We wont judge you, but we will feel with you. 🙂

I have a question that I forgot to ask. ever since i went off tramadol and xanax i have night sweats. is this normal after 3 weeks? Could night sweats be related to withdrawal

I have a question that I forgot to ask. ever since i went off tramadol and xanax i have night sweats. is this normal after 3 weeks? Could night sweats be related to withdrawal
Good question, I wish I knew the correct answer, I have literally gone through the same with both but I also get ptsd night terrors which will give you night sweats too, so I get confused myself

I hope it gets better as you keep going, 3 weeks is an accomplishment

I suppose this variable per person and dose/time dependent but how long did it last?

Hello! I haven't checked in for a while... unfortunately I relapsed again and this time I used huge doses again for 2 months. After 5 years of use, I had my first grand mal attack on January 26th after a dose of about 1200 mg. I was hospitalized but I still couldn't stop and continued to use it. however, there came a point where something new and interesting happened. I decided to stop once and for all, as I have already made this decision a few times. this time I accepted five years of addiction. first I honestly told everything to my partner, then to my mom. to the two most important people in my life. after that I went to the hospital of my own accord and talked to a psychiatrist. I will have my first psychotherapy session on Thursday next week. I am drug free now and will not use anything in this hellish withdrawal. this is my third day but it is very difficult. this time I'm not just counting down the days, I've started towards something new! After 5 years...

Good to hear you made it. Cold turkey was 12 days for me, rapidly improving after 10 days.

Let's hope you don't slip back, but just in case you do I recommend kratom next time. I have quit tramadol 5 or 6 times and used kratom all but one of those.

It doesn't do this for everyone but for me it gets rid of 95%+ of withdrawal symptoms. It is magical.

When I mention it people always bring up the downsides of kratom, like that it can be addictive too as it isn't too different to opioids, but I just take it for 3-4 weeks tapering down after 2 weeks until I barely take any and and run out. Might need 400g or so, I don't remember.

To avoid seizures I take diazepam in first few days ,but cloneazepam will be just as good. Then I also find I need a half pill a few times when I feel anxious.

For the serotonin side I take 5-HTP pills when I feel down. But the kratom elevates mood so I don't need it much. St John's Wart should also help mood. I don't touch these for the first few days because of serotonin syndrome.

Kratom doesn't get me high, but it does put me in a better mood. I can function very well, but do get some brain zaps in the first 2 or 3 days, so I would quit just before the weekend so you are in good shape on Monday at work.

I just find that I get tired sometimes when in withdrawal. At night I take diphenhydramine or a similar antihistamine to help sleep. (Although I would actually replace that now with Stilux brand Rotundin, which feels cleaner e.g. not drowsy the next day and it might be plant based.)

Anyway, hopefully you don't need all this info, but I thought it could be useful for others facing it soon.

Everyone is unique but I think kratom will at least help somewhat. Not sure I would recommend it to people on much smaller doses of tramadol as then it might make you feel high.

Side note: tramadol withdrawals seem worse for some people compared to other opiates/opioids. For me they are nowhere near as bad as coming off heroin without tapering. Hearing multiple people say tramadol withdrawals are as bad as or worse gave me a false sense of security coming off heroin. They are completely different for me. Tapering down is the best preparation for either imho.

I am about to go into withdrawal for heroin tomorrow but had such a small amount that I have been tapering down naturally. Hopefully kratom will help, but it didn't seem to help (along with tramadol) with heroin when I stopped without tapering.

2g of tramadol per day is a big dose. I used to do 1.5g, sometimes a bit more (I knew my body couldn't take anymore. Even with an anticonvulsant). With kratom I could quit without much tapering. But it might cover 100% of withdrawals with a proper taper too. So that would be my recommendation.
Hey!
Did you manage to finish your H addict?

Hi!

I am on day 10 of tramadol WD. I took it quite well until the sixth day, but for the last 3 days I have been unable to sleep, despite a lot of excercise and focusing on other things.

Did you have a similar experience that the beginning is better than now? <In terms of sleep/physically

The sweating is still there, but I'm not as grumpy as in the first days. At this point i don't have to go to the toilet all the time and I don't have RLS.

Is there some sort of timeline for this?
My habit is an average of 1800-2000 mg per day for about 8 months, but the large dose only used the last 3 months. It would mean a lot if you could describe your experiences.

I have Ambien and Clonazepam (Rivotril) at home, but they don't help at all. But it is true that I only used clonazepam on the first day.
1800-2000mg tramadol can produce one fucking hell of a nighmare WD, worse than opioids with stronger afinity for mu receptors. And u can consider yourself lucky not having seizures or collapse, ..Well i take this dose zoo And thé bad thing Is, IT last a long time.Get a lot od benzos, maybe dxm and be strong.

1800-2000mg tramadol can produce one fucking hell of a nighmare WD, worse than opioids with stronger afinity for mu receptors. And u can consider yourself lucky not having seizures or collapse, ..Well i take this dose zoo And thé bad thing Is, IT last a long time.Get a lot od benzos, maybe dxm and be strong.

Hello! it doesn't matter anymore, but it was really a fucking nightmare. and I also had a seizure. clonic-tonic grand mal. I think I will remember it for the rest of my life.

Hello!

I thought I'd check in quickly. Today is my 20th day. I'm a little happy because I'm physically fine, except for a few symptoms, almost everything is gone. I can sleep, but it's still absolutely not good. I have a hard time falling asleep and staying up very late.

But the real fight is just beginning. Depression, lethargy and lack of motivation have been reached. I still go to therapy, which I feel really helps, but weekdays are very difficult.

What is interesting compared to before is that now somehow there is no craving at all, in fact, it fills me with a bad feeling when I think about using it. I don't even dream of using it, so I don't understand what happened.

Ever since I was honest and admitted my secret addiction after years, somehow everything is different. This feeling of shame and guilt is unbearable. Maybe the reason is that I face the consequences of addiction every day, but it's a thousand times better honestly than when I had to lie about what was wrong with me.

How did you manage PAWS? I know that there is no good technique for this, but experience is also useful.

Thanks for reading.

Hello!

I thought I'd check in quickly. Today is my 20th day. I'm a little happy because I'm physically fine, except for a few symptoms, almost everything is gone. I can sleep, but it's still absolutely not good. I have a hard time falling asleep and staying up very late.

But the real fight is just beginning. Depression, lethargy and lack of motivation have been reached. I still go to therapy, which I feel really helps, but weekdays are very difficult.

What is interesting compared to before is that now somehow there is no craving at all, in fact, it fills me with a bad feeling when I think about using it. I don't even dream of using it, so I don't understand what happened.

Ever since I was honest and admitted my secret addiction after years, somehow everything is different. This feeling of shame and guilt is unbearable. Maybe the reason is that I face the consequences of addiction every day, but it's a thousand times better honestly than when I had to lie about what was wrong with me.

How did you manage PAWS? I know that there is no good technique for this, but experience is also useful.

Thanks for reading.
Hey, well done on stopping and keeping it up! You can get through this, know that whilst it's hard now things will get better with time. Just take one day at a time and in no time you'll be through it and living a far happier life!

The guilt is hard to deal with, what I always tell my son about guilt is that its not a bad feeling, its more of a lesson, feel the feeling, but remember that there is a positive to take out of it.

Yes, I know that if I put enough energy into it, I will get through it. For now, I'm still counting the days, but that's not a good way either because I'm still focusing on the addiction with him.

I like what you said about the guilt, that's what I needed right now.

Yes, I know that if I put enough energy into it, I will get through it. For now, I'm still counting the days, but that's not a good way either because I'm still focusing on the addiction with him.

I like what you said about the guilt, that's what I needed right now.
Glad to help, please make sure to check in with us and let us know how you are getting on. I'm sure you also would be great to give out some good advice to others.

Keep your heart up x

Glad to help, please make sure to check in with us and let us know how you are getting on. I'm sure you also would be great to give out some good advice to others.

Keep your heart up x
It's good to hear this, but I really don't feel authentic after four relapses, and earlyer I sweared in this thread that I will never use it again, and now I'm here again.