• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol - Am I going to experience withdrawal?

Bilbowhitehouse

Greenlighter
Hello to everybody, first time poster here.

Over the last 2 weeks I have been abusing tramadol quite heavily, along with plenty on Xanax. The high I felt was not as great as I have experienced with other opiates but the effect on my mood and energy levels has be incredible. I can see this developing into a problem.
Specific Info: Daily dosage of tramadol is around 500mg and the XANAX probably 3-4 milligrams.

Other info: Was 5 years clean from heroin (until two weeks ago) prior to this relapse .

I am considering just stopping it all "cold turkey".

My only concern is that my body may have become physically dependent (I know its only two week)

I would appreciate if somebody could give me the in's and out as to how to deal the the situation

Thank you all

If you were dependent on heroin before, even long time ago like in your case, you will experience withdrawal from that much Tramadol.

I was 10 years clean and used tramadol for a week and ended up being dope sick for some 7 days. It wasn't really bad, but it still sucked. I was still able to cold turkey it and function. What surprised me with tramadol though was that it didn't get better on day 4 like it usually does for me with heroin withdrawal.

I would think cold Turkey should be fine. I wouldn't expect withdrawal from two weeks of tramadol usage.

Hurry up and get off it now while you can, and before you develop a seizure disorder like I did.

If you were dependent on heroin before, even long time ago like in your case, you will experience withdrawal from that much Tramadol.

I was 10 years clean and used tramadol for a week and ended up being dope sick for some 7 days. It wasn't really bad, but it still sucked. I was still able to cold turkey it and function. What surprised me with tramadol though was that it didn't get better on day 4 like it usually does for me with heroin withdrawal.
Thank you for the advice, no what I was hoping for but I guess it is what it us.

Cheers mate

I would think cold Turkey should be fine. I wouldn't expect withdrawal from two weeks of tramadol usage.

Hurry up and get off it now while you can, and before you develop a seizure disorder like I did.
That is my plan simstim. Just out of interest, what is a siezure disorder?

That is my plan simstim. Just out of interest, what is a siezure disorder?
Well I lived 27 years without seizures.

Then I overdosed on tramadol and had a seizure. Seizures supposedly scar your brain in a way that makes further seizures more likely.

Since then I've had seizures from too much caffeine mixed with nicotine and kratom, Wellbutrin, tricyclic antidepressants, benzo withdrawals, spice, all kinds of shit.

I can't take tramadol at all anymore without seizing. Even standard doses.

It sucks.

Over the last 2 weeks I have been abusing tramadol quite heavily, along with plenty on Xanax. The high I felt was not as great as I have experienced with other opiates but the effect on my mood and energy levels has be incredible. I can see this developing into a problem.
Specific Info: Daily dosage of tramadol is around 500mg and the XANAX probably 3-4 milligrams.

Other info: Was 5 years clean from heroin (until two weeks ago) prior to this relapse .

My only concern is that my body may have become physically dependent (I know its only two week)

I would appreciate if somebody could give me the in's and out as to how to deal the the situation

Thank you all

Normally with only 2 weeks I'd say only very mild wd if any (and the Xanax would easily cover the symptoms). But with previous opioid dependency: probably, but not severe. I was on Tramadol for three years (400-1300mg/day) and from what I remember when I'd run out early, the predominant symptom was lots and lots of profuse sweating, with moderate nausea and diarrhoea.

Hurry up and get off it now while you can

Horrible to come off when you've been on it for months on end or was I on it a year, I can't remember, it's like coming off an opioid and antidepressant at the same time because tramadol has SNRI qualitys, that's antidepressants qualitys!

Yeah stop now listen to everyone hear, I never had a seizure fuck knows why as was on 6-8 x 50 pills a day throwing in other stuff occasionally too

I know the title says "Tramadol", but just to clarify, when you say "I am considering just stopping it all "cold turkey"", as in the 3-4mg Xanax cold turkey as well?...at the same time as the Tramadol cold turkey? I personally wouldn't recommend that at all. 4 mg of Xanax a day for 2 weeks is gonna give you some major shit to deal with if you just stop it. I agree about the Tramadol, but not stopping the Xanax like that, fuck that. Or maybe I'm just reading "it all" as "it all" rather than only 1 of the products you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the title says "Tramadol", but just to clarify, when you say "I am considering just stopping it all "cold turkey"", as in the 3-4mg Xanax cold turkey as well?...at the same time as the Tramadol cold turkey? I personally wouldn't recommend that at all. 4 mg of Xanax a day for 2 weeks is gonna give you some major shit to deal with if you just stop it. I agree about the Tramadol, but not stopping the Xanax like that, fuck that. Or maybe I'm just reading "it all" as "it all" rather than only 1 of the products you mentioned.
My plan is to stop the tramadol completely from day one. The Xanax I think I am going use it as and when it becomes to uncomfortable. I just did not think my body would become dependent on the Xanax in two weeks but I suppose I was using a high dose.

My fear is the Junkie within me won't be able to limit my usage of the Xans

Anyways, let see how it goes

Thank for for all the feedback

Much appreciated

My plan is to stop the tramadol completely from day one. The Xanax I think I am going use it as and when it becomes to uncomfortable. I just did not think my body would become dependent on the Xanax in two weeks but I suppose I was using a high dose.

My fear is the Junkie within me won't be able to limit my usage of the Xans

Anyways, let see how it goes

Thank for for all the feedback

Much appreciated
Did you start using the Xanax and Tramadol at the same time, or had you been using the Xanax longer? Because you mentioned the high was not that as high of use of other opioids, were those other opioids also taken with Xanax? or did that only start specifically with the Tramadol. Because if it did then that might help explain why the high of the opioids before was stronger because for a lot of people mixing in a benzo can severely weaken the effect of the opioid, and vice versa. It would also ring alarm bells of stopping these two at the same time if the Xanax was present all along with the other combos.

Thank you all
Nah

Did you start using the Xanax and Tramadol at the same time, or had you been using the Xanax longer? Because you mentioned the high was not that as high of use of other opioids, were those other opioids also taken with Xanax? or did that only start specifically with the Tramadol. Because if it did then that might help explain why the high of the opioids before was stronger because for a lot of people mixing in a benzo can severely weaken the effect of the opioid, and vice versa. It would also ring alarm bells of stopping these two at the same time if the Xanax was present all along with the other combos.
No the Xanax and the tramadol started at the same time. I was clean from all substances prior to two weeks ago.

I used to love Xanax isolation years ago before I got into heroin, but have rarely used them together, excluding the last two weeks of course

No the Xanax and the tramadol started at the same time. I was clean from all substances prior to two weeks ago.

I used to love Xanax isolation years ago before I got into heroin, but have rarely used them together, excluding the last two weeks of course
Understood

What, stopping 4mg Xanax a day for 2 weeks suddenly won't produce horrible problems? plus it could have been present longer, depending on the answer to my question above...
If you've had problems with benzos before yeah but If your receptors are fked you'll wd a bit. Probably some insomnia for a few days and sum anxiety. I've been taking 4-8mg clonaz a day for the past 2 years but I've yet to experienced wd, I never run out of minty clonas. Boo

If you've had problems with benzos before yeah but If your receptors are fked you'll wd a bit. Probably some insomnia for a few days and sum anxiety. I've been taking 4-8mg clonaz a day for the past 2 years but I've yet to experienced wd, I never run out of minty clonas. Boo
I always found Clonazapem not producing much of a buzz, I know it's a solid med for a lot of people to help with disorders, but I never got a buzz out of it. I was taking 2-4 mg but after a long period on Bromazepam so that may have affected it. Do you buzz off it or just straight management of something?

What's wrong here, I just wanna know do you get a buzz out of it or not?

The sad thing is even matter how long of the gear just two weeks will be enough sorry mate. You done it before you can do it again but dont think it be a big wd some comfert meds you be good. Missed the part about xanax you dont even need to worry get lope

Thank you all

Not sure if you've quit yet or not. I've been prescribed Tramadol for 7 years. There were 3 times I tried to come off of it cold turkey and managed to stay off for awhile. The pain would usually come back around when I gained weight and I would go back on Tramadol again till I lost the weight. In the beginning year or two if I abused the bottle and ran out 2 weeks early it would be more like a "metabolic crash" for a few days without the SEVERE withdrawal symptoms of being on for years. I've never been through Heroin withdrawal, but I've heard from others that Tramadol withdrawal is worse, and I can agree that it's pretty horrible if you've been on it for awhile. You will not get any sleep. You will be freezing in your house when the temperature is 75. You'll feel nauseated, weak, increased pain, sweat like a beast, restless leg syndrome like it's going out of style and the list goes on. The depression is the worst from it having the SSRI anti-depressant qualities. So, I would say your withdrawal would probably only be a few days with an energy crash from what you're describing. I hope everything goes well for you. I have decided to come off Tramadol again to have boosted testosterone levels since I have a serious girlfriend that has a sex drive like a rabbit. I have tapered down to 1/3 of a pill from 8 pills a day. I've been on this amount for a week now and am close to being completely off now.