Positive Today I'm Thankful For vs. Still Standing and Keeping it Simple

got accepted back at the conservatory
this feels unreal
wonder how long will it last this time
Whatever imma kill it while it lasts
or until Paganini aint got shit on me

My dog Dixie Chick, a rescued pitbull, who is the sweetest dog I've ever known and the best friend I've ever had. ❤
Pitties are the best!!! <3

Hanging out with my Son and seeing the strong evidence of the positive effects my parenting has had on his thinking and behavior. I’m proud of him and in turn of myself.
That's so awesome dude, warms my heart to hear that :)

Today I am grateful for feeling calm and capable.

When a victim abandones empathy from abuse they have a part of them ripped away. This part is paramount and such the goal of the abuser. It’s a flip to an antisocial mindset… it’s being pushed past a threshold you can’t deal with. A victim can’t handle how it’s being treated and fractures into another that can handle what’s it’s a victim of. If you fracture you break and reform into something else. Reforming into a empathy devoid person will likely end much of the good you find and see in life. See why I’m worried about you.. if you continue on you might slip into what drove you to this decision.

Find the high road.. check out stoicism.

When a victim abandones empathy from abuse they have a part of them ripped away. This part is paramount and such the goal of the abuser.
This I can't argue. I missed the abuse part, that changes everything.

I still withhold that cognitive empathy is a better friend to oneself though. Emotions are sticky affairs, and I don't think half of our atrocities would've happened if emotions were taken out of the equation.

This I can't argue. I missed the abuse part, that changes everything.

I still withhold that cognitive empathy is a better friend to oneself though. Emotions are sticky affairs, and I don't think half of our atrocities would've happened if emotions were taken out of the equation.
As always, it’s a dizzying complex equation, I don’t think empathy is the variable.. what other may be vexing you..

As always, it’s a dizzying complex equation, I don’t think empathy is the variable.. what other may be vexing you..
It is, indeed. I'm not saying empathy is bad, or emotions, just that they don't help a lot when making decisions that require some afterthought and planning. There seems to be this weird idea that every feeling that washes over us is us; like we have to give in to every emotion all the time.
It muddles the perspective, I think, to always be doused in sentiment.

8 full days
Damn, bro. You gotta be feeling some kinda good, yeah? I remember when I had a few days down... man, I thought life had shone down it's better rays of illumination on me and also thought I had life by the balls... it was a start. lol
Thanks for sharing that it brought back a piece of that feel good. :)

OT -
Maybe I wont have to water the garden today looks like its fiddin da rain. :)

Last edited:
Damn, bro. You gotta be feeling some kinda good, yeah? I remember when I had a few days down... man, I thought life had shone down it's better rays of illumination on me and also thought I had life by the balls... it was a start. lol
Thanks for sharing that it brought back a piece of that feel good. :)

OT -
Maybe I wont have to water the garden today looks like its fiddin da rain. :)
Thanks man, and to others for their support too

It's not been a massive biggie tbh, I was using for medical reasons and had tapered down quite a bit. Was still very uncomfortable for a few days, plenty puking and no sleep for a hot minute etc, but was nothing really compared to a lot of opie withdrawal stories I've heard. I'm also blessed that I'm in that minority that doesn't really dig the opiate feeling that much, although I do enjoy oxy.

Still, very happy to have hopped off and now trying to renegotiate the pain levels, although am aware they could well be artificially high right now so will give it a couple of weeks more and will hopefully then be getting the true picture.

Am a similar age to you mate and that was my first opiate withdrawal, after having used drugs for decades, so am not complaining.

Back on topic - today I'm thankful for the support from you lovely people, and for the time off work to continue this process and chill with my awesome cats!