• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

To chicago pizza lovers: who makes the best chicago pizza?

amor fati

Bluelighter
Ok I don't care if your town has an "old chicago" in it or anything of the sort, if you haven't been to chicago and had the good stuff, you can't comment.

I grew up in chicago and recently moved to denver, and I have to say the thing I miss most, and have been plaguing my thoughts with is the food, specifically THE ZAAA. So I want to get a poll going on who makes the best best chicago pizza. I know there are more than the big three but I'm just gunna start out with:

Lou Malnati's
Gino's east
Giordano's

You completely ignored what this thread was about. I'm talking about CHICAGO DEEP DISH papa john's is ok for a drunk late night pie, but it's not deep dish.

Right downtown by my school i go to a place called Taylor Made Pizza, obv on taylor street...always pretty fantastic ... of course those big names are good too

^ Agreed!!!1@! I ordered myself a 12 in lou's to denver a couple weeks ago frozen, it was good but I'm still waiting for spring break to seriously eat myself to death on some lou's.

The mods should poll-arize this

Jake's Pizza, the Western Style pizza, is by far the most delicious pizza I have ever had.

I'm not a deep dish person, so I don't like Lou's or Gino's or Giordano. Been to all of them.

I'm not talking about your favorite pizza, I'm talking about your favorite "chicago deep dish" heaven in a box.

I wish this thread was created before i went to Chicago last week when I was dying of starvation at 10 pm. :|

*Makes note for future*

I'm going with Gino's for deep dish. Marcelloni's for regular pies.......they use TONS of mozzarella. I miss it....no good pies out west.

RR, you were in Chicago and you didn't tell me?! Shameeeee!

sorry luv. i was at a dog show there, so i wasn't much up for meeting anyone. :( getting 2 hours of sleep plus dealing with the massive amounts of people there made me REALLY undesirable, even to myself.

i don't live far, so driving up there isn't an issue. it's finding time... ;)

First of all...never call it "za".

West coasters already butcher their actual pizza....so they are not allowed to make up stupid names for it.

Second....the absolute best deep dish is at Art of Pizza on Ashland just south of Belmont. Don't waste your time at tourist traps like Uno, Giordanos, or Ginos....the pizzas are undercooked, overpriced, and their crust and sauces suck as well.

Art of Pizza is like the prime rib of God hath been served on your plate. A single heaping slice of deep dish is only $3.00 too....which is less expensive than some lame ass New York style places charge for their flimsy pieces.

Also, dont believe all of those "poor service" reviews you see in the google link. My girlfriend and I have been ordering for several years and they have always treated us well, and corrected the lone mistake they made. Art of Pizza is in the western part of Lakeview, which is populated both by douchebag students, and rude uppity yuppies. I've seen more than one set of the Benz Beamer crew with their bastard spawn being complete assholes to the Hispanic staff, or huffing and puffinglike spoiled royalty because the restaurant doesnt have the amenities they're probably used to at their $120 sushi bar.

"OH MAH GAWD....I HAHD TO GO GET THE PARMESAN CONTAINER MAHSELF!!!"

Alot of other disputes seem to happen when people dont fucking listen when they say "your pizza will take 45 to an hour"
Then the jerkoff shows up 20 minutes later like they ordered from Dominos and gets pissed off because they have to wait for the pizza to finish.

I'm willing to bet that any customer thats gotten chewed out by Art probably deserved it.
I appreciate that some business owners still have the pair to tell a customer "fuck off" when it's warranted.

It's the only thing I actually miss about Lakeview.

Last edited:
Papa John's! <let the beatings begin>

as a pizza lover I have to say that for the price PJs is pretty good, besides, not all good pizza is made in chicago, Christians in virginia is perhaps the very best pizza I've ever eaten in my life

But is it Deep Dish?

There is a decent place here in MO, north of Kansas City called The Dish. It is better than the chains like Uno's and the closest thing to the real thing that i can get from 8 hours away from Chi-town.

I'm gunna have to add Papa Del's to my list, it's in urbana, not chicago. But it rivals lou's and IMO that is impressive.

I'm not talking about your favorite pizza, I'm talking about your favorite "chicago deep dish" heaven in a box.

You could always expand your taste buds and try the pizza I suggested, will only be your loss. <3