• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Tinnitus (ringing in ears) caused by kratom?

I made the mistake of putting my phone speaker up to my ear and turning up the volume. Youch! Luckily it was my left ear where I have less tinnitus. None of those is exactly what I experience but Sound 5 is closest.
I know right!!! The video said "listen closely", lol wtf?! That's just cruel haha.

I've had this issue for several months at least, and ascribed it to different drugs without much insight. Now I'm looking at supplements I take.

Lately I've noticed the annoying presence of a very high-pitched, unmodulating nuisance noise. Similar to the hiss emitted when a lot of electronics are plugged into an outlet. Whatever it is seems to be coming from my inner ear, and is more noticeable in quieter surroundings when I'm not distracted, such as when I'm trying to fall asleep. At times it's barely noticeable, but never seems to completely goes away

Has anybody experienced this as a side effect of regular kratom use? The first time I tried kratom was about 3 years ago, but I've only taken it fairly regularly for about 2 years.
I joined this website literally to tell you don't listen to these fools. Kratom 100% can cause tinnitus along with many other symptoms. This is coming from a person who was fit healthy athletic 26 year old weighing 205lbs. 3 years later after heavy Kratom use I suffer from heart palpitations, severe hypertension, severe tinnitus, hyperthyroidism, liver disease, depression, anxiety and I'm down to 170lbs. I'm pretty sure my depression and anxiety is being caused by this tinnitus, considering most days the tinnitus alone makes me want to end it. If you haven't yet, kick the kratom!

Daily use of kratom actually brings out my hppd which increases my anxiety which can create a ringing like effect in my ears. But thats probably different than what you're experiencing. Its this effect that make me thinks there is a minor psychedelic dimension to kratom.

Daily use of kratom actually brings out my hppd
I have noticed this as well, but only with large doses 12-14g+. I think it's tickling my damaged serotonin system. I mainly just get minor visual distortions and small flashes of light, doesn't bother me that much.

As for tinnitus, if anything kratom lowers mine. I've had tinnitus since I was a child and it seems to be exacerbated most by high blood pressure. Kratom has a mild hypotensive effect.

Kratom 100% can cause tinnitus along with many other symptoms
it can be caused by thousands of different things, from broccoli to natural aging, listening to music too loudly, hearing damage, various medications, stress, high blood pressure, brain damage... etc, etc. Sometimes tinnitus has no cause, you were simply born with it and it can come out later in life.

I was born with tinnitus and kratom does not make mine worse, if anything it helps it (likely by lowering my blood pressure, which makes my tinnitus worses)

It's just as likely it could be something else other than the kratom. But I'm not gonna say kratom doesn't cause tinnitus, yet for me, it doesn't.

Last edited:
I joined this website literally to tell you don't listen to these fools. Kratom 100% can cause tinnitus along with many other symptoms. This is coming from a person who was fit healthy athletic 26 year old weighing 205lbs. 3 years later after heavy Kratom use I suffer from heart palpitations, severe hypertension, severe tinnitus, hyperthyroidism, liver disease, depression, anxiety and I'm down to 170lbs. I'm pretty sure my depression and anxiety is being caused by this tinnitus, considering most days the tinnitus alone makes me want to end it. If you haven't yet, kick the kratom!
My good man I appreciate you doing that. But there's no need for us to judge each other we all are experiments being run on ourselves by ourselves so we all take responsibility. Or should

I've actually come to suspect stimulants specifically methamphetamine. Also the dextro isomer so popular it's handed out to kids of all ages. "Addle them all"

In all seriousness I can literally hear this hissing which really is what best describes it (not a ringing) begin and increase in intensity as soon as I begin stimulant use after a period of abstaining. I'm wondering if there's (conspiracy theorists take note) an EMF or electromagnetic frequency aspect to this. 5G in combination with heavy stimulant abuse? Who knows

I never experienced this when I occasionally used meth recreationally from the 90s thru 2000s when it was for my money a different, FAR better drug. Also roughly 2-3x as expensive.

Does that remind you of anything incidentally? What else has dropped in price and quality in the drug Marketplace lately?

I'm not saying there's fentanyl in methamphetamine although that's also being done occasionally

Quite frankly I'm not sure meth is meth. Or maybe it is but whatever the hell illicit chemists are doctoring it with fucks the feeling or whatever has that resinous quality even in large solid white crystals that leaves your hands feeling as if they touched wax could be the culprit. It certainly sucks balls compared to the old stuff

All's I know is I haven't taken any stimulants in over 24 hours and the hissing has greatly diminished.

I just took 6 grams of 2:1 maengda:bali powder after waking up from 10 hours good sleep and I'm in a bad mood because of the political situation in the world. But not because I haven't had Kratom for over 12 hours.

Personally I haven't ruled it out and I appreciate your skepticism. The only thing you need to be a real scientist in this world is skepticism. There's so few scientists left apart from self experimenters I feel a kinship with everybody on bluelight.org regardless of whether we agree or disagree

You abused Kratom. Abusing anything causes negative effects.

Whenever I start to feel down in my life, I will think of what he did unselfishly for us and I will immediately feel better.
He was the one who told me next time I hear ringing in my ears to say hello and wait for further instructions, I bet he work for the CIA or MI6