• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Thinking of getting on methadone for opiate addiction

So many people talk shit about methadone when they've never tried it. If you feel as though you want to do maintenance, most people do chose to start with buprenorphine especially if your using pharmaceuticals rather than IV heroin. For myself, buprenorphine was not a good maintenance medication as it did not help me with craving coming off an IV heroin habit and it also did not do much for withdrawal symptoms when trying to make the heroin to buprenorphine transition.

I'm on methadone now and feel so much better at 40mg/day than I ever did at any dose of buprenorphine. I'd recommend thinking hard about weather maintenance is the direction you want to go at this stage of your life and if it is then try buprenorphine first, as it seems to work well for those who have small to moderate oxycodone habits. See how it works and if it doesn't help much then put some thought into methadone, although I wouldn't recommend it for someone with your sized habit who hasn't tried any other way to get treatment.

Yes. try regular treament first and slowly reduce what you're already taking. There's no point in just going to something else when you're only dependant on a drug. Of couse you would feel better if you just hopped onto methadone, but then what? You're stuck there too. I can't stress it enough- methadone. clinics. dont. care. about. you. They dont care/ or sometimes advise you NOT to start lowering your doses. Not because they care; Its all about the money. I know the doc who ran my clinic perscribed opiates outside the clinic at his practice, got them hooked, and then reccommended the methadone clinic. Plus, IMO, and many other people's, methadone withdrawl is worse than heroin withdrawl, depending on dosage. And often they encourage you to keep going up. It is the devil to get off that shit.

Getting on methadone for a percocet habit would literally be akin to amputating your leg because you stubbed your toe.

meth cured my chronic pain, let me stop using h, i found two equal low doses good, I walked off 50ml onto three dhc four hourly 180mg, second week for two weeks 120, then extended it to six hours a 120 then hammered benzos for few days n was clean. I take 120mg prn.

flubla!m to forget
loperimide to sort body out take few
dipenhydramine with my first days drop of dhc.

I'm dugs liaison nurse to played too close to the fire. degree level in substance misuse n harm reduction I'll help anyone who wants to know. I'd advise black market green , if u can score ull always find a rockhead who'll swop for a rock or bag. get plenty in case but little as u need to swop or cold turkey.

few dhc I felt Nada, justvtired in 2nd month. changed perceptions
geen is v addictive but unlike others u can live normal life sort r health n finances out then drop to dhc loperimide dipenhydramine n be cold turning in comfort.

next move away from friends who use n the area u score

my mates on subbys all went thru depression did crack n in my area u met loadsa heads in the treatment ares where ppl were selling on doorstep.

as ex NHS don't ever tell anyone ever, I always saw ppl treated badly

I got classes running once I got prositutes n heads to explain why n updated our treatment policies

few months on green n u will be thinking clearer n sorting things. just go onto green at low level morning n late evening why best to buy black market as ur not watched by pharmacist, its 3 months otherwise n they like to re tox u so high levels will negate any bags u buy...

good luck u can do it!

I could smoke up to 7g a day. 2nd month of green I'd never swap back

get sunlight on u walk off the cramps u can do it, sleep when ur tired, if u lie down n kip just not in bed in day.... need routine, eat regular meals

n tbh if u buy a months or twos worth of benzos esp ull forget tobdose n little mistakes help boost ur determination of a life without. n u can win

hugz. I've cold turkey every way, n this is foolproof x

h to meth is brilliant got plenty of detoxexed mates who agree.
meth we is horrid without the dhc or morpine liquid. to gonsubby its detox clean sample first dose n rough for a week. just quit if that's ur option n cold turkey it

Absolutely they taper you off.. but you won't have less / no symptoms. You'll WD (even after a taper) in acute stage for about a month, coming off methadone, it's nothing to be taken lightly. Also, it's an extremely potent opiode - which means after being on the program, if you EVER use opiodes again in life, you'll rapidly experience WD symptoms.. Personally, I can not use anything for 2-3 months, then use for 1 or 2 days and I'll suffer acute WD for 2-3 days, I'm not making that up either.
Thanks for your input. I was wondering EXTREMELY when I tried to taper my oxycodone (for legit pain issues) and then "borrowed" some methadone from a family member because I ran out why I then felt like SHIT to the max even when I began taking the oxycodone again. It was basically like my "usual" (which due to the same family member giving me "extras" was a lot) did NOTHING for my pain and alls that I felt was withdrawal symptoms. It was horrible:(. You seem very knowledgeable though....would you feel severely legitimate pain and taking 100 mgs of Oxys per day would be better managed by taking methadone? I'm asking because I chronically run out and then become (of course) extremely sick.

Wouldn't recommend it I'm about a 10 year opiod user of heroin and pills went on suboxone for two years still wanted to get high thought methadone would be better did that for 1.5 years now I'm going back to suboxone methadone was a bad decision