• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

There is no real point in life.

You're right, people can only really increase their happiness by raising their consciousness-levels, but most don't want to know anything about it and project all their needs onto things in this world.

Having said that, drugs are an artificial, quick way of raising your consciousness so you become independent and don't need much from this world, but the natural way takes a lot of work and is really a life's work.

Anyway, I have more actual experience in lowering my consciousness than in raising my consciousness.

I do believe that every human desires love, it seems to be built into our organism as a result of evolution. Just because some people avoid it doesn't mean they don't actually need it. Avoidance is a powerful coping technique for trauma.

Sociopaths may be an exception to this. I don't know though, just a thought. Perhaps sociopathy is a reaction to trauma as well?

and what does that as to do with the fact that we are all alike, all animals, all beings need love, peace and happiness and seek for it. indeed, some may think they dont need love, or rather prefer to judge, hate or fear, but it doesnt mean this is what they need rather then what theve learned to do to protect themselves.
but love, happiness is peace and necessary for any being and what we all need. Not someone that love us, but rather we all need to love.
some people don't really need social interaction tho, let alone love
it's called introversion
http://psychology.about.com/od/trait-theories-personality/f/introversion.htm
Unlike extraverts who gain energy from social interaction, introverts have to expend energy in social situations

and what does that as to do with the fact that we are all alike, all animals, all beings need love, peace and happiness and seek for it. indeed, some may think they dont need love, or rather prefer to judge, hate or fear, but it doesnt mean this is what they need rather then what theve learned to do to protect themselves.
but love, happiness is peace and necessary for any being and what we all need. Not someone that love us, but rather we all need to love.

I know many people who are very happy not having any social interaction.
I think putting a generalization like that on all 7.125 billion people on earth is very presumptuous, especially considering how many people are content and happy to go through life keeping themselves company

I know many people who are very happy not having any social interaction.
I think putting a generalization like that on all 7.125 billion people on earth is very presumptuous, especially considering how many people are content and happy to go through life keeping themselves company

You need to love even when your alone, dont you.
Love is not necessarly about anyone or you dont need any exterior reason to love either. spiritual life begins once you dont look for reason to love outside or reason outside oneselve worth your love and love no matter what.
but the need to love is undeniable.

You need to love even when your alone, dont you.
Love is not necessarly about anyone or you dont need any exterior reason to love either. spiritual life begins once you dont look for reason to love outside or reason outside oneselve worth your love and love no matter what.
but the need to love is undeniable.

not necessarily. If love to you means not necessarily about anyone, i could agree.
I'm saying that there are many people who are perfectly happy without social interaction or love for anyone else.

some people don't really need social interaction tho, let alone love
it's called introversion
http://psychology.about.com/od/trait-theories-personality/f/introversion.htm
Unlike extraverts who gain energy from social interaction, introverts have to expend energy in social situations

True but the introverts I've known still have people they love and are close with. I used to be introverted, and social situations outside of my family and friends were difficult for me. But I still had an intense amount of love from family and friends. As I've gotten older I've turned into an extrovert which I love, because it makes life easier and more enjoyable, but I remember what it was like to be the other way.

then i guess you haven't met any extreme introverts.
7.125 billion people on Earth, you'd be surprised how different people can be

you cannot be perfectly happy and not love everyone you meet though.
not necessarily. If love to you means not necessarily about anyone, i could agree.
I'm saying that there are many people who are perfectly happy without social interaction or love for anyone else.

because theres absolutely no excuse to not love someone if you want to be happy as everything you think you know from anyone is not real and any hate, judgments or fear can only create fear, hate and judgements in the other person, while love and care and compassion at all time is the only way to perfect happiness.
of course, when you know someone do something bad, you can know but to judge him and fear and hate him due to his faults wont help you nor him while love and compassion and care will
how so?
why is it required to love everyone you meet to be happy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
I dont believe in set personalities. everyone change and everyone is a bit different.
but everyone needs and want the same thing in life

Last edited:
you cannot be perfectly happy and not love everyone you meet though.

That to me is so conditional that to expect that of people is almost unfair. I agree that it is important to have the idea of love in your heart in all interactions, but linking it to happiness seems to be a good way to become unhappy quickly. Is love that is given spontantenously and unconditionally overly simplistic and even deserving of the name 'love'? Could it be something else? Or is love actually a base emotion that is only valuable when refined? I think it is important to act with compassion and treat all with dignity, but I save my love for my friends, lovers and family who deserve it. I don't really see that much admirable in blind homogenous love, any more then I see value in instant, all-consuming hatred. I've experienced hate from people who I loved and who were meant to love me unconditionally; I speak of my late father who I couldn't help but love even though he expressed a desire to kill me on several occaisions. If what I felt for him was love, doesn't that devalue the experience?

Compassion, fairness, dignity, no judging, no quick jumping to hate or love, but to be neutral and open to any possibility seems more valuable then immediately jumping to claim love for strangers. I am willing to love, I am willing to not, I am willing! :) <3 Instant love for all is close-minded (please do not ask me to back that statement up....;)).

Last edited:
love is a feeling, just like care and compassion, generosities. If its conditional, you conditionally happy.
you have to keep love as a feeling at all time. thats what im saying. if you feel love for only people you think merits it, you lose opportunities to feel love for all the other people and loose opportunity to be happy because each time you dont love, you arent happy.

^I guess I am questioning the value of blind, unconditional love (as I see it to some extent)...

love is and can be for no other reason that it is available at all time in your consciousness and in your heart, unconditionally.
^I guess I am questioning the value of blind, unconditional love (as I see it to some extent)...

That to me is so conditional that to expect that of people is almost unfair. I agree that it is important to have the idea of love in your heart in all interactions, but linking it to happiness seems to be a good way to become unhappy quickly. Is love that is given spontantenously and unconditionally overly simplistic and even deserving of the name 'love'? Could it be something else? Or is love actually a base emotion that is only valuable when refined? I think it is important to act with compassion and treat all with dignity, but I save my love for my friends, lovers and family who deserve it. I don't really see that much admirable in blind homogenous love, any more then I see value in instant, all-consuming hatred. I've experienced hate from people who I loved and who were meant to love me unconditionally; I speak of my late father who I couldn't help but love even though he expressed a desire to kill me on several occaisions. If what I felt for him was love, doesn't that devalue the experience?

Compassion, fairness, dignity, no judging, no quick jumping to hate or love, but to be neutral and open to any possibility seems more valuable then immediately jumping to claim love for strangers. I am willing to love, I am willing to not, I am willing! :) <3 Instant love for all is close-minded (please do not ask me to back that statement up....;)).

this.