• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Venting The Vent/Rant Thread Vs. You Silly KnuckleHeads Can Go Fly a Kite!!

Sick and tired of living in shared accomodation hate this smoke filled no heating dirty shithole and confined to just one room now as there is no living room and its getting colder and less pleasant to spend time in the garden ..

Fuck the egomaniacs that think they should be respected because of the title they hold. That's right politicians, I'm talking to you! WHO you are and HOW you treat people matter a shit ton more to me than the imaginary pedestal you put yourself on. Fuck you. That's right - I said "fuck you!"

- VE

Yes, I do hate seeing you. How can you be surprised? You've really never reflected on how you act with me, never reflected on what my opinion of you might be after all these years? After 32 years, you still don't know how to give a compliment without making it completely backhanded. It's been 32 years of adding completely unnecessary stress to my life. 32 years of projecting onto me your regrets of what you didn't accomplish in your prime. 32 years of emotionally abusing my mother in front of my face. 32 years of seeing your love and worship of money bring us to ruins. 32 years of pointless, drawn out lectures over the smallest of trifles. 32 years of pretending that I like being related to you, that I respect you, that I love you.

You are the one and only black cloud hanging over my head. I should have done it long ago but was too weak. It feels liberating to shed you off, to rid myself of a lifetime of carrying your crosses.

Thanks for showing me by example what not to become.

I wish that he could actually hear this. :(

I'm so mad at our WiFi here at home. I wish I could use some of time at work to come here.
I had been trying for days in a roll so I finally decided to try to log in early in the morning, 3:09, local time. So much faster.
And with the system working so slowly during rush hours I missed some of my passwords for key emails I needed to access.. Hate losing time with tech issues (and money..).

Last edited:
I am so sure that my daughter has hidden her wounds and angriness towards me when I wasn't so present. I know she has seen the worst part of me, and I assume she would be happier if she just tell me. I wanted her to really understand I'd be okay with whatever she says. So many things I regret...

^I imagine that she will be able to in time if you stay open to it. Fortunately, you'll be in each others lives for many years so there is plenty of time. Maybe she has to learn to trust your new ability to be present (you probably did too!) and that is quietly happening inside her even though she has not yet reached a place where she can feel sure enough to express past pain. At any rate, just know that your willingness to hear her is a gift some parents never are able to give their children. You should feel good about that--it's the greatest expression of love.

^ I don't know your daughter but I would approach her and tell her what you said here. And be ready for anger and try not to get defensive. Every parent does helpful and unhelpful things and it's important for her to be able to talk and maybe even confront you.
The father-daughter relationship affects how she deals with a lot of interactions, not just romantic relationships, and if she knows you're ready to listen, I think that alone would be helpful. - CD, a daughter

^ Thanks!

Incredible to see the how much parents affect their children. We have always to be very carefull.

Sometimes I think that even when you think you have done so much, tried to be so present there will always be resentful feelings.

^ It's part of the gig!
I want to elaborate about the anger/resentment issues. They aren't likely to be expressed first, because no matter what she wants your approval.
If and how she does express "negative" emotions" will depend a lot on how you reactt, verbally or with cues. You might feel defensive or ashamed. That's fine.
At that point you can tell her that even though it's difficult, you don't want her to stop because both what she's saying and she are important to you.
It's tough but like I said, this will affect how she confronts life challenges, which is why I posted.
With best intentions, CD

Last edited:
She knows she can speak from her heart. I have left plenty of space for that even if she has negative things to say. She knows I wanted what's right and what's best for her. I have always let her know that, and I believe she is slowly understanding that as a parent I could have failed. And I would accept it. All I want is what it's better for her. At any cost.

^Didn't mean to imply anything. It's just hard when kids confront the negative emotions inside of them and express them. Girls especially. It's hard for both parties.

It's totally okay. It's very hard indeed. Thanks for your inputs.

I know this is being worked on but I have to vent... It's so frustrating to get a sever error message "too busy try again later".
I feel like a lab rat pushing the bar for a reward as I hit refresh or back so I don't lose a PM or post. It feels like a bad addiction!!

I had just finished paying my treatment when my tooth crown became loose. OMG, am I going to have to go through another treatment now that I had everything done. I've spent almost 7 000 US$ so far. I'm so tired of dentists in general.

^ I'm sorry to hear that. In that regard I would suggest that you look for a psychologist with medical degree basically. It can really help IMO. I have always said that bad (and good) things are temporary although it may seem like forever because eventually we tend to adapt to the feelings and emotions that may now be making us so lonely and sad. I really believe in that. And truly hope that you get better and feel about yourself. <3