• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The ultimate gamer thread, aka 'Geek my Forum'

was well into my civ 5 a few months back, then tryed to sync mac n windows system to do a lan game. that failed so much that i uninstalled it haha

^I loved it(apart from everything leveling with u), was one of the few games i played over once finishing.

But then, as with most games, i find some glitch kills it for me. hahah.

Fallout 3 was a nice progression on the same engine, as whole world didnt level with u

That's good to know about the newest dragon age, because I was planning on buying it soon. Thanks for saving me!

Well, I haven't bought portal 2 yet, but I loved the first one, so I'm looking forward to that.

I won't lie, I've fallen in love with the mmorpg Lord of the Rings Online. I used to play WoW and never really got into it, I loved Dark Age of Camelot but then they fucked that up. on LOTRO, I love the people a lot more than WoW (which has been overrun by 14 year old boys, it seems like) and I like the crafting system and questing system and pretty much everything about that game.

and also, I loved halo reach. It's gotten old now, but I wasted a lot of wonderful time on it when I should've been studying for finals.

Oh, and the Age of Empires game set. I loved ALL of them, but especially age of mythology. I could play that for days. Heroes of Might and Magic (4, I didn't like 5 as much) was wonderful as well. As you can tell, I'm most a computer gamer. <3

Last edited:
haha I love Age of Empires set. I'm trying to get Portal 2 right now.

personally I would love to see an online Combat Flight Sim that takes place in space.... where you could customize your space-craft on a point based system (like in pod-racer) --- a certain amount of points put towards firepower, then shields/armor. Maneuverability, speed etc....

Day of Defeat: source is what I'm playing these days... and BF2 (i dogfight mainly)

ordered mass effect 2 the other day. heard a lot of good things about portal 2 so might buy that soon. still gotta complete assasins creed brotherhood and red dead redemption, haven't really played on my ps3 for a few months

^ I loved Mass Effect 2 =D

I think I might buy the new mortal kombat from the UK just to spite the freaking arse-sucking classifiication board here -.- ....

lemmyrose said:
I won't lie, I've fallen in love with the mmorpg Lord of the Rings Online. I used to play WoW and never really got into it, I loved Dark Age of Camelot but then they fucked that up. on LOTRO, I love the people a lot more than WoW (which has been overrun by 14 year old boys, it seems like) and I like the crafting system and questing system and pretty much everything about that game.

I actually tried that for a little bit after reading about it from another bluelighter (and seeing as the first portion of the game is free). I gave up pretty soon though as the low-level areas where complete ghost-towns. Perhaps I picked a server with low pop? I also think i got burned out on WoW a few years back and mmorpg's don't really appeal to me anymore. I've got BL as my new online addiction hehe. You're right about the maturity of players though, much much higher on LOTRO.

I'm not sure whether to get Witcher 2, something I can't remember, or medieval sims. Leaning towards something I can't remember.

Witcher 2's company far more deserves the income from sales. So if you 'care' morally about the smaller game companies, Witcher 2 :)

I also think i got burned out on WoW a few years back and mmorpg's don't really appeal to me anymore. I've got BL as my new online addiction hehe.

Sounds like me, I played WoW from open beta in 2004, to roughly 2009.. before deciding that i was done. The years of vanilla WoW will still remain as some of the best gaming years of my life, when most of the playerbase were mature ex-EQ players and the game felt more engaging and atmospheric.

Bluelight's my only online addiction these days :) I will give D3 a chance.. but i dont think i'll ever get addicted to another online game as much as i did in the past.

Oblivion.... Bored the leaving SHIT out of me, enough that I just retruned the game!

Malakaix, agreed, the days of Early WoW before everyone started thinking they were so freaking amazing with mounts that had fire coming out of their asses. Ahhh the good old days, when Level 40 seemed like sooooooooo far away!

Witcher 2's company far more deserves the income from sales. So if you 'care' morally about the smaller game companies, Witcher 2 :)

I agree, this is definitely a developer worthy of your support and cash! You can get an electronic, DRM-free copy via the distributor good old games with a bunch of included goodies like soundtrack, etc, or if you're willing to wait a while it's cheaper to order a physical from the uk than buy it instore here.

The game has had some pretty promising early reviews too though from what I've heard requires a fairly decent computer with recent graphics card.

Any of you guys play Kino Der Toten?

On 360 btw. My Live ID is iKillz au Just mention you're from here and we'll go to work on some Nazi Zombie scum.

^ I play a fair bit of black ops on pc but i dont play zombies often!

I recently acquired Magicka on recommendation from Sykik and it's a lot of fun. Have only tried it single player so far but keen to hit up some co-op when I get the chance. It's suprisingly challenging in places if you're old and unco like me. Well worth the $5-odd it costs :D

Magicka gets even better with co-op, though you'll find yourselves unnecessarily killing each other rather than progressing haha.

A-hem. Please prepare yourself for an avalanche of geek opinion. Look away or pocket protectors may start exploding out of your eyes. You have been warned

Fuck Oblivion. First person melee? Oh, look at the wind screen wiper and it's infinite carnage. Btw, leveling up the RPG enemies as you do = No clue
Fallout 3 is the bomb. Maybe Bethesda learnt something after Oblivion or maybe a good license led the way
Diablo 3 has been in production for many years... and it is due to come out when you are an old man (assume this about of all Blizzard and Valve games... even if you are female)
WoW is ass cake served on crack sandwhich. Do you like WoW? Do you like eating messy hairy asses? Ask yourself, is it really worth closing your eyes and chowing down for that delicious crack?
If you want the best racing game out there (sim/acrade/whatever) get Split Second. Sadly the company doesn't exist anymore but few racing games have done better

I've run out of geek. Hopefully will post what I'm working on next E3 :)

Last edited: