• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Truth About E

You control the drug and not the Drugs control you.
smile.gif

------------------
Raving goes beyond what words can Express!

Well, like the others, I have to say that this was a well written piece.
smile.gif
Although, I felt that it had been copied word for word out of a "Reader's Digest". I'm not flaming but it just sounds too "perfect" to be true. If it is true, more power to you! I wish you well.
smile.gif

your story had alot of truths in it.... and alot of emotionally charged experiences....
I know that we all can at some point admit to mid week blues that are bad or being just really pissy if not outright blue. That we hunger the feeling we had sometimes... your story hit many nerves, if for no reason other than any one of us could , if we were honest, put ourselves in your shoes and feel the path that you ended up taking. Ya, I started with 1 and felt awesome, now up to 2 sometimes 3, ( shit is weak recently, so I say)... what I loved before doesn't entertain me any longer... what I love now is being really fucked up then i don't have the contact I had with other like before.... you experiment, sometimes life is meaningless and we find meaning in other things that at least, for a moment, make you feel valued, good, normal, your story is real,
too bad too many people on the board have a strong need to protect and defend their habits and flame you. At least you aren't in denial.... and are honest about your feelings.....
God Bless ya...

I think it is a great post and a very well told story. The scene and xtc are very easy to get caught up in....it almost sweeps you off your feet. The instant connections....the peace....the smiles...the hugs. It can all be very surreal at times thats why everyone loves it. From time to time you need to keep yourself in check. You should know if your involved with the scene for the music or caught up in the chemical fantasy. I admit I have let myself slip before and I think a lot of people have. Like phil said earlier....how many of you take more than one pill? Im sure most of you have overdone it before. Its not only about moderation and keeping your self in check but also about having a balance in your life. If the only thing you look forward to is dropping on the weekends chances are theres something wrong.
one love
*Jessica*

I think that this is quite an unfortunate story. If you had only learned how to control the drug, instead of letting it control you. I have rolled 4 times in my life, since February, 2000. I am going to continue to roll for a long time, and at this rate, I will definately have no problems. maybe you should have thought harder about it after you took a roll every weekend. I take one roll every two months, and I don't roll anywhere else but a rave. Money helps, I never seem to have enough, so I never spend it on drugs unless I'm going to a rave.
I'm sorry that it got out of hand for you. At least you learned from this experience.
X
------------------
"Before long, there is short. Before short, there is nothing. When there was nothing, there was always the possibility of something."
------~*PLUR*~------
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Just substitute "cocaine," "special-K," "acid," or "alcohol," and the story would still make sense. Give me a break! This is not about being seduced by E. This is about being unable or unwilling to control yourself. It is called addiction. You have an addictive personality if you cannot moderate your behavior with regards to any drug (be it E, alcohol, nicotine, sugar or fat for that matter). You probably need to get some help. Your addiction, especially to a drug that has no physically addictive properties, is a symptom of a greater problem. Whether it is depression or something else, that is between you and your psychologist.

I must say that I am very moved by this story..I have read it many times & I have also read many responses ranging from calm acceptance of this PERSONAL journey to bitter spitting about attempts to sell books through to taunts about Redcats psychological state.
The fact that it has created these responses is a true testament to its ability to make people stop & read it. Any truly good piece will always emote response from people which in the end is only positive affirmation of how good it is.
I am also appalled that the moderator of this board which is supposed to encourage the OPEN discussion of issues relating to the use of E was suggesting the deletion of this story, this shows an obvious agenda by him to support only stories which show the use of E in a positive light.
Very 1984 like I think!
To the people who have flamed this story.
Let me just for one second convey a fact to you that you all probably need to step back & consider.
Why do people take drugs?
If you want to break it down in anyway you can ( as I have ) it comes back to one factor.
To make us feel something! or to alter how we feel about something!
People have a large list of bullshit reasons for why they take this drug.
I can feel the music better.
I can communicate better.
I feel so good & loving.
For spiritual evolution
I ask the BIG question why do we need drugs to achieve these things? If we are not looking inside to find these answers but instead just keep taking pills to have these feelings then we are really learning nothing.
If you need drugs to listen to the music, then you don't like it & you should find music you can appreciate without them.
If you need drugs to reach out or understand others then you need to find out what it is that has given you these inhibitions & remove them from your life.
If you want to evolve spiritually, well do what many highly evolved people have done & learn this through practice & patience's ( i.e. YOGA etc ).
In fact I would say to those who took the time to outline how they are in control & send there informed views on how they practice moderation are very deep in denial. So deep in they have to protect there beloved E? Why would you become upset by Redcat sharing this story if you did not in fact realize that this drug controls you also, just because it only controls you 4 times a year does not mean you are not using it to avoid some reality at the time.
If you are all so SPIRITUALLY evolved form E use then why not practice the ultimate moderation ABSTINENCE!
Why not learn to hug strangers without drugs..why not learn to dance to techno without drugs, why not learn to confess your deepest fears without E.
But you cant because you need E! & I mainly point this at those on here who have become defensive in there replies to Redcats post.
If you have ever taken a PILL to feel good because you have had a shit day then in my estimation you are an addict who should be asking yourself WHY CANT I FEEL GOOD WITHOUT THIS. If your day was shit don't wait to take a pill to plot it out, pinpoint the thing that is making you feel shit & have the balls to change it! If you hate your job change it, if your friends bother you then fuck them off, If your relationship/ Marriage is bullshit end it etc etc
But its all to easy isn't it? we can fix things that are difficult or require our effort or time to make them what we need to feel good about, our we can always take a pill & feel good about bullshit for few hours.
I mean come on everybody I am not afraid to admit that I have spent many a night standing in front of multi coloured light at a rave or club thinking this was the most wondrous /significant & amazing thing I have ever witnessed. Or that some guy playing some music had somehow enriched my life, how did this serve to evolve me spiritually?.
Sure I have had some profound & impacting changes to life bought on by my use of E, I was able to recognise hurtful things about myself that I concealed normally. I also was able to accept myself on a much deeper level.
But the real SPIRITUAL lesson came when I began my spiral into abuse of this drug, & then came to the realisation that I want to achieve all these feelings thoughts & experiences without using a pill to do it.
I want to look at a light show & enjoy it for what it is, & not have some BULLSHIT false life changing view of what it is. I want to feel the music without been deceived into believing that it is some spirit talking to me rather than just a cleverly constructed collection of patterns & samples. I want to bond with nice intelligent & fun loving people, who love life everyday. Not just when they are on DRUGS.
All these things take time to develop..especially rewarding friendships with wonderful people, I don't know how many times I thought I made deep connections with complete strangers & then realised the next day I have nothing in common with them accept our use of drugs & our need to spill our guts while on them..this is not the basis for a friendship.
How many of you can rave without E.
On the weekend I went to an OUTDOOR DOOF & took no pills. It was freezing cold but I danced for 3hrs, I can tell you that I felt all the same things that I felt when I was on E the only difference was that I didn't get caught up in some bullshit perception of how significant ( life changing ) they where.
yes I felt like we where a community all gathered in the bush to feel the music & dance.
Yes the light show was great & beautiful to watch.
Yes I was very into the beauty of the trees there & how the lighting played along them.
Yes the music was fucking fantastic.
& it even rained a little & I thanked nature for cooling me down.
I did all of this without my minds view of these things been clouded by some chemical, so I know the joy I felt in being there was real joy, I knew the music really was good & the lights stunning.
I had a great night because:
I was able to focus my mind when I CHOSE to on any part of the night & enjoy it for what it was.
I was also able to stop dancing when my body told me I was ready.
I could eat in the morning when I was hungry
& I could go to bed and sleep when my brain & body needed.
And go to work this week without suffering self induced Clinical Deppression
And I know that every thing I heard, saw & experienced was real & not a chemical speaking to me.
I had a profound thought dawn on me that night.
I have finally accepted responsibility for my life & my world, if I am unhappy with anything I must WORK to make it what I need to feel happy about it. This is REAL & tangible evolution that will impact my life in a beneficial way daily.
& I believe that Redcat has reached that point her life where she came to ask these questions, the fact that she had the courage to use her considerable writing skills to try & reach whoever may be struggling with the same issues is a testament to her level of SPIRITUAL evolution. Because she has created something of real & lasting meaning, a personal account of one persons journey to take control of there own existence. In a written form that manages to make people feel something whenthey read it.
You pissy people who sent your nasty replies should take a look in the mirror at what miserable & weak people you really are that you would reject a story that anybody with half a brain cell left can see is somebodies legitimate attempt to pass on a life lesson, solely to help you avoid having to suffer the pain of learning it yourself.
Redcat has absolutely nothing to gain by putting this story here for you assholes to read! In fact in my estimation this could become a best selling book or even a movie from which she could have made millions. She has exposed herself to the enormous risk of having this beautifully written piece ripped of by anybody else to be sold to the highest bidder.
You are obviously people who need E to feel empathy, where's your highly evolved spirituality now when your not all loved up with fake E motions?.
I congratulate you Redcat for having the balls to do this, but not only that for been so selfless that you have given it freely to those who need it the most. Rather than selling it to the corporation to edit, print & then capitalize on as I am sure you could have.
You are a truly evolved person, wonderful story teller & a teacher. Don't let the ratings of these drug confused people stop you from achieving happiness by sharing this experience with those of us who are able to learn form you.

Very good response, BLAC. I can tell you have gone through a lot and pulled wisdom out of your experiences. Let me speak for BL when i say that your contribution is well taken and i look forward to seeing your ideas and thoughts in the future.
You can understand why people would emotionally react negatively against this. It's ok, people will think as they will. Of course they may see their own mistakes in it and react against it, that's natural. I do the same thing myself, and it is a good litmus test of how our attitudes towards drug use are very conscious.
Overall i agree completely. Personally i have learned a lot from drugs and can accomplish a lot spiritually and mentally without them. I feel kind of violated when people find out i have personal experiences that are not induced by a drug, as if it has no validity without it.
Many people don't realize that you can fully feel without them, and that your increased capacities for joy and pain can translate into non-drug reality quite well.
But also consider that it's not exactly easy to wave a magic wand after a tragic day and say, "poof, terrible, weighty thoughts, be gone". It takes considerable effort to alter one's mood, or to change a spirit's direction towards heaven, and to still the mind and create union out of disunion. It is therefore no coincidence that most people time their drug experiences with their spiritual, social, and physical experiences.
If that is how they choose to use, you can't say they are wasting it or that they are unable to function without it.
It was given to us by a higher power. it is only natural for the higher evolved beings to want to put on the glasses and see how the world can be.
However, it is disabling when we can't see the world with our naked eyes, as they really are. Your sober reality is where it counts. We can't keep living in a perpetual haze. But you can make reality very enjoyable to live in.

LiquidPhil, I back you up 100%. I couldnt have said it better myself. And Blac, I support your post too!
[This message has been edited by MysteriousGrl (edited 06 November 2000).]

Okay, I'm sure we can all relate with parts of what you're saying.... but the difference is that you became engrossed to the point of losing all balance with the rest of your life. A recreational drug used responsibly cannot hurt you or anyone else. Just like a smoke of pot every once in a while or a beer or two out with friends, an E once or twice a month at a club or rave will not cause the downfall of your life and relationships. As a metaphore I also believe that guns don't kill people... one can't blame a gun for the mental and emotional state of the human that picks it up and uses it. The same is true for ecstacy.

BLAC, Why are you so judgemental? Are you so insecure that you have to get pissed at everyone for their opinion? It's just that, an opinion, and while I don't take any offense to yours, you don't have anything to prove here. No one is any better than anyone else, including yourself. So lighten up and try to have fun, instead of trying to be better than everyone else by posting the longest and most intelligent reply to a long and unintelligent post. Intelligence is wasted on people like me, I have no use for it. You don't need intelligence if you already understand the meaning of life. Live and be free. That is what it's all about. You should write for a news station or something.... Maybe 20/20?
X
------------------
"Before long, there is short. Before short, there is nothing. When there was nothing, there was always the possibility of something."
------~*PLUR*~------
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Fuck did that take a long time to read… did you have to take a break to do some E while you were writing it.

Why do people think I am upset? I am not mad at anybody or anything, I am just calling it how it is!
Dont think I havent been you guys because I have, I am just trying to let you all know that there is an even better life that awaits you away from these chemicals thats all!
Because its only once you are away from them you will see how much they clouded your mind & your judgement for days & even weeks after you have taken them. You will think about fuck ups you made at work or how you didnt do your best somewhere or how you lost a friend because you started crapping on about drugs & how religious they are, or how all your friends now are people with drug problems. Or how people all the sudden think your strange & skeetchy or lost to much weight & the list goes on.
By the way that was a good reply about the recreational use of drugs I agree. I just wonder how many honestly can do it? I also wonder how many could go to a RAVE & not take this drug?

BLAC: I have to tell you that I have done E several times in the course of a year. I don't feel clouded, I am not addicted, and I don't fuck up at work. I am a sophomore in college, and my grades are quite satisfactory. I can rave without the drug, as it is the music that fuels me. I have no money usually, most of it is spent on my car, or the monthly payments of my synth. I don't have the funds for E, but I am not done with the experience quite yet. I cannot relate to Redcat, I have never had a problem like this with any substance that I have done. I am sure that I will have a bad experience sometime, and just like I did with Acid, I will quit. It's all about control.
Sorry if my last post sounded like I was an asshole, I just had a really bad day in class and must have misunderstood what you were getting at. I apologize.
PEACE LOVE UNITY RESPECT And all that other good shit
X
------------------
------~*PLUR*~------
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

BLAC, How come you feel the need to save us from ourselves? Why can't you just accept the fact that some of use E, just like I can accept the fact that you don't.
Your opinion is just that…YOUR'S.
You said – "Dont think I havent been you guys because I have, I am just trying to let you all know that there is an even better life that awaits you away from these chemicals thats all!"
Pardon my tone but WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! You haven't been me, you have never walked a single step in my shoes. The fact that you got all fucked up and couldn't moderate yourself proves that.
You come across like a religeous zealot, trying to tell me what a better life is. Good for you is different than good for me.

I don't wanna make this a long post...but just to respond to some questions. I've been "raving" since jan of this year. I love the music, I maybe only drop 1 time per month, and one pill when I do. I do go to rave's completely sober, not even caffeine pills. I just make my responsiblities (sp?) like work and school, and friends more important. I guess i'm fortunate?
------------------
-Jesus is the savior, Mars is second in command-
AIM : Yolk151

They weren’t really hard drugs. It wasn’t like we were taking LSD, now was it?
LSD, the new crack. LOL
Once I lapsed into a four hour ‘coma’ but eventually woke up.
Some people call this a 'nap'.
A friend of ours was admitted to hospital for taking too many E’s in one night. ... He’s still doing it but now takes on average five pills a week.
Isn't he the one you should be trying to help?
-----------------------
And BLAC, you sure seem to have quite a fondness for this Redcat. Is there something we should know? At first glance I would guess that you are actually 'Josh' from Redcat's little overly dramatic piece about her problem with using ecstasy in moderation. Either that or you two know each other in some form or fashion. You both are from Melbourne, you both signed up here a couple weeks apart and.... hmmmmm... looking at your email address I would guess your name starts with 'J'.
And if I'm right here, I SERIOUSLY don't suggest you try to pull one over on these guys here at BL, they are mostly a very sharp bunch and are known to be quite intolerant of dishonesty.
So what are you guys' intentions here? To let us all know how naive and ignorant you were in your use of ecstasy? You both obviously have a lot to learn about drugs in general. Redcat seems to think that LSD is a harder drug than Ecstasy and you're still hungup on believing people put heroin in E. So before you two start preaching to us your "Truth About E" I suggest you start reading a little more. You're both new to BL so it's understandable... but before you go giving yourselves a bad name I suggest you read more and post less.

Dex when god bless ya!
When I say been you guys I mean takin this drug & thought it was wonderful thats all I mean!
I congradulate you if you have all been able to moderate your use of this chemical..my post are more directed toward those who cant! But they are also directed at those who just wont regonize that this a hard drug we have been taking!

BLAC, you should listen to stasis… He's a smart dude.