• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Truth About E

my interpretation was that this was written by a drug addict telling her story of addiction. i think you should stop worrying about drug addicts "making you look bad," and be glad for the person who overcome their addiction.

one thing i've learned about drugs, if they require you to give up anything that is important to you, your self respect, self control, your home... material or psychological... then you maybe shouldn't hand yourself over to the drug...
ick, that sounds terribly smug, but been there, done rehab...
------------------
*may i hold that shiny, squishee thingy, please?*

Not all of us take ecstasy to escape. Not all of us have some big ugly world we are running from. Sometimes people use ecstasy to ENHANCE the world around them. If you put so much meaning and dependance on a chemical to make you happy, whoops, totally your fault my friend.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

I totally agree with Ashke,
E is about enhancing the world around you and understanding yourself. If you have issues without E, you'll have issues with E. Nothing is harmless, redcat: not E, not alcohol, not food... I even have my suspicions about puppies. Anything and everything can turn ugly; you just have to know who you are, what you're getting into and why, and take responsibility for your choices. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but don't go including everyone in your revelations about "We were all trying to kill ourselves..." You obviously had issues before E came into your life and you apparently were not as strong a person as you thought.
You're stronger now, though, and you do have good grammar.
------------------
What's the mind? Doesn't matter. What's the matter? Never mind.

Wow, what a story.
I think it is hard to have to take a look at yourself and realize that you are not who you thought you were. It sounds like you put far to much faith in E and not nearly enough in yourself.
I am sorry you had to go through what you did, but hopefully you will be stronger because of the experience.
------------------
"It's only forever, not long at all"

A VERY well written piece..
X IS A DRUG.
Never turn you back on a drug and don't live to do it. You can safely have a career, life, family if you do things in moderation and understand its potential if you don't take care.
Put alchohol in the wrong hands and you have an abusing alchoholic.
Put gambling in the wrong hands, etc
If you take E do it responsibly. Now that I'm older and started rolling when I was 30 (now 31) it has NEVER been a religion to me. I know what the drug can do as I see ppl go down. I see ppl loose 30-40 lbs, ppl get put in jail, etc. Others doing it Fri. Nite (1-3 pills). Sat. Nite (another 1-3 pills). Then by next Friday they are recovered only to do it over and over again. That is sad.
Just keep it in check and don't make it your "God". There is only 1 true God, make him first and He'll tell you what's right, or what's wrong..
Gerbil Jammer

Thankyou for sharing. What wonderful insights into the seductive quality of this drug and the culture that uses it. I too felt drawn in and overwhelmed by the love of the music, the people, the unity. Perhaps, the most intense, exquisite moments of my brief existence. And too, I have noticed the slow, yet constant, wearing down of my self-esteem.
Everyone, this is not your life...this is her's and her's only. But listen closely to her words...there is something for all of us here.
Thank you again.

Well said Ashke. As Joshua Wolf Shenk wrote in the wonderful Harper's piece I keep passing around to my friends, drugs can free or enslave. No other drug illustrates that dialectic more than MDMA does. It is a substance that has an enormous potential to help us along the treacherous journey of this life. E can help us relate to ourselves, others, and the universe. Used moderately, it can free us from the banal workaday mindset the author complained of. But like the notorious Soma of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, it has the potential to obliterate the user's reality and make them noncaring about those things that truly matter - career, relationships, the workings of the real world. I commend the author for bravely and articulately relating her story and I do not believe it should be deleted - in fact I would love it if she was published in a mainstream publication so that people who are going down a similar path can be warned of the drug's enormous potential for psychological addiction.

Sounds to me like you were:
A)An uninformed user...
B)Letting the drug do you instead of you doing the drug...
C)Looking for something to fill a void, divert your attentions or entertain you, NOT enhance, educate or enlighten you...
D)Incapable of doing something even remotely dangerous or addictive in moderation...
E)Not prepared for the feelings of the comedown... And once you did experience the comedown and found it not to your liking, you continued taking the drug... If you can't handle the emotions of coming down, why didn't you stop taking the drug? No one forced you to take it again and again...
F)Mislead (perhaps willingly?) into thinking that ecstasy is a religion... IT'S NOT... it's a drug...
my $0.02 for the night...
-Fusion

yay verily another horror story... the truth about drugs? What about your truth about drugs!
glad it worked out tho...
smile.gif

------------------
"...Clevinger was dead. That was the major flaw in his philosophy..."

"Looking for something to fill a void, divert your attentions or entertain you, NOT enhance, educate or enlighten you..."
This is all a matter of perspective. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

this story is exactly what happened to me
only i stopped early, and didn't let it become THAT bad

anything done too the extreme is bad..how many ppl do THAT much drugs????
doing e every week or to escape reality is a major problem.....so is smoking up every week, doing k or jib every week or drinking
but things done in moderation rarely cause many problems
Later,
Brian
[This message has been edited by Original_tranceaholic (edited 30 October 2000).]

That story could have been written by anyone of my friends, most of whom let yolks takeover their lives. They were almost instantly seduced by the easy money from dealing, euphoria when rolling and and the feeling of belonging to something special. They're conversation consisted soley of drugs, they had little or no interest in the music all they wanted were more pills, whizz, charlie whatever..
Fortunately they to have given up their abuse and only occasionally roll, and they enjoy it all the more now, much more than when they abused drugs. They are better people for their experiance though and if asked they wouldnt have changed anything.

artistic romantacism at its finest!!!
geez.
redcat i know that you would like us to believe this is true to life - and not larger than life.
i do like your structure and imagery - but dont post it under the guise of TRUTH - it is romanticized.
now if you were railing meth i would say this could be true to life!!
HOWEVER: it is a beatifully written peice and your artistry is commended!
i have no doubt this piece is based in experience - wether compiled or individuated.
[This message has been edited by kewl2 (edited 31 October 2000).]

While the title of redcat's post might have been a bit misleading, I think that she's saying this is the truth about E to herself. Your story was beautifuly written, and very stirring. Please don't flame her because she let E take over her life, I think she was just trying to tell us her side of the story, and tried to give the reader a warning of what MIGHT happen.
I've noticed that the majority of "rolling stories" so to speak on bluelight are of a positive nature. I think that some people need to be reminded that E, like all drugs, can be very dangerous dispite how much it is glorified on this site.
Redcat's story may not pretain to everyone's life here on bluelight, but I think we should thank her for taking the time to type out her story, and not look down on her because she was stupid enough to let E control her.
Addiction happens to a lot of people. Some continue their abuse of a certain drug (or gambling, or sex, or whathave you) until they eventually die from it. And some realize that they need help, and that's what Redcat did.
luv,
*Astrogirl*
------------------
"Without music, life would be a mistake." -Nietzsche

This IS the truth about E to Redcat.
Coming to this board, I was very disappointed at how much emphasis was being put on e rather than other great things this scene offers all of us. We've all partied and we'll admit it, but seeing some of the replies on other posts, and actual initial posts themselves I was very discouraged and with peoples' mis-education.
I'm glad to say that 90% of my friends who have also partied are doing well and are under control in this crazy scene. Reading the replies to this long story (which was a good one) I have to say that I'm encouraged and happy for once to read them. I do believe that there are more wise people out there doing the right thing, and I hope more people wisen up. The majority is still a bit ignorant. Ramble ramble ramble

Seconded, Astrogirl. And Redcat--a very well-written piece.

redcat,
alhtough i never have the patience to read
anything on this board that exceeds a paragraph, your story engulfed me. although some may have various negative opinions about your story, it was truly well written.
i commend you for your honesty, and thank you for sharing your experience. some may say that you took it too far, that it was your own fault for getting to that point. the reality is that E is a tremendously powerful drug. The depiction of your extreme case is truly an eye opener for us all- why deny what really occurs out there? good luck with your cleaning up phase. reality is truly beautiful too.
smile.gif

what is everyone scarred of? that her truth is your truth? what does one gain by flamming someone for being honest and stating reality as she sees it. in her post she explained that this isnt for everyone that this is her personal trial of fire, yet people continue to argue she is uninformed shes story telling. Yes she has impecable writting and gramtical skills as well as wonderful imagery but lifes a story you just heard an interesting one for once. Im not looking down on anyone im just trying to say no harm is done for posting a view especially if its a personal account. Bluelight has a way of glorifying ecstacy because most of us excercise control we use moderation. (Although im not sure how many of us can say we only take one pill no matter what. isnt one pill the proper dose?) But some cant and the interesting thing about that is while we may be able to say to her 'well sorry hun you should know moderation' most of us have never been there dont know what its like to feel an all encompassing feeling of need. And to say that we may have had other addictions we kicked it isnt first hand knowlege of a mental addiction or first hand knowledge of E addiction.
sorry im all emotional today
-phil-
the man with the plan or at least the man with the vacant stare
[This message has been edited by liquidphil1 (edited 01 November 2000).]