Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I was also told by like fellow drug user friends they usually just take like 3 Pills of the Nitrazepam my 1MG is actually like 0.1 or 1 I can't really remember. But I know that I'm already taking 3 times throughout average dose and it just "helps" me sleep if I have something to do or something is irking me I still won't be able to sleep. Only thing that was able to even make me nod was when I took 360Mg Dihydrocodeine + 120Mg Codiene phosphate and a bottle of promethazine+Codiene , only time I was barely able to keep my eyes open

Yo, if you are taking the 10mg nitrazepam ones then that is something that is necessary to talk to a doctor about in order to stop. You could just cold turkey the codeine and be generally fine, it's a low dose. I sure hope those are not 10mg nitrazepam pills but I sense that they are. How many a 24 hour period again 1 or 3? That could be really serious if you just got cut off them and were taking them for over two weeks? I mean, like, if that is the case go to a doctor as soon as humanly possible and get on a taper You can't just cold turkey nitrazepam if you have been taking it daily for any length of time. This can result in seizures and a lot of people die from the withdrawal like with alcohol, in my opinion there is a benzo crisis right now, not really an opiate crisis anymore. Everyone knows those are bad for you. This benzo shit, prob shouldn't have trusted doctors so much but I did back then and a panicked man can't think straight my first was in the ER thinking I was dying I had been that way a year it was time to get on them just not for this long fuck.

I take 6mg clonazepam daily, which is very similar to nitrazepam. They are pretty much interchangeable. That 6mg is equilvanet to something like 200mg nitrazepam, they can be crazy addictive. They are not worth any amount of sleep how long you been taking them daily? It doesn't take long. I was in danger of seizures within a month, waking up practically having them in the morning whole body tremors anyway.

As for myself, I am exhausted a lot of the time. Probably, because my life is picking up. I spent a month bedridden. Seriously. When I got up, I was catching my breath walking up stair sets when I was walking out of the most intense hot yoga classes before. I need to get back into it, I really should go today. My anxiety is at its worst. It has never been worse and I think it is from the stress of benzo withdrawal but also due to lack of sleep. I feel that lack of sleep has made me more depressed than usual too.

I managed to cook some honey-glazed crepes for breakfast. I'm in a daze today, but I somehow came up with some good creative ideas when I was stoned earlier.

Grapefruit oil is the essential oil I know of with the most anti-depressant action (I'm using it soon, because I feel depressed and stupid right now I haven't smoked pot yet). If I am stoned, almost every time it leads to those laugh attacks I never get anymore cause I'm not a high school kid. It is a silly and cheerful oil - I'm just waiting from the Jasmine oil yesterday to run out. Grapefruit also has circulation stimulating properties (this property will help heal my cartilage piercings faster, as there is very little blood flow to that region and it takes forever for them to heal) and is good for complexion. There is more to it than that, I'm waking up all tired atm. That one I think is great for hormone balance and the aroma put me right into a nap.

These are helping me so much I'm getting as crazy about them as anything ever check them out! Bergamot for anxiety is great too. Sage is the herb of wisdom, it's what people who don't like pot should try. The effects are similar. Patchouli is lovely, rose is very powerful and healing. I use different ones for my nose, hair, feet, etc. and they are absorbed topically as well. However, if you inhale them 90% of the volatile compounds are roughly absorbed by the olfactory nerve, meaning it is extremely efficient and quick to get these medicines in the body. I never knew you could inhale natural anti-inflammatories, I can't stand pill ones. Some are stimulants, some balancing, some depressants so it's basically like healthy drugs to me, and a ton of science to self study and share with others.

I am really excited about this. It is bringing joy to my life and in my opinion that means I should make some sort of career out of it. There is so much unstudied science on this stuff, more needs to be done and also make it palatable to the public and not just tech people. It is also helping me tremendously, so much that if they disappeared from my room right now I'd go into as much of a panic as if I didn't have any weed.

They are so awesome! Like, who even here knows you can inhale anti-inflammatories that are chemicals naturally produced by the plant kingdom and then extracted with steam distillation for the most part otherwise an easy solvent extraction? Roman chamomile contains two of them, I forget the names of the molecules, but they have been shown to have anti-inflammatory action. It is a traditional treatment for that as well, and I am connecting the dots so to speak. As, if you start using these it is plain obvious how medicinal they are and a lot of medicines begin from synthesizing natural chemicals in plants like that (ex., Oxycodone can be synthesized by pharmaceutical companies from a chemical occurring in Papaver Soniferum (opium poppy) that has no pain relieving properties at all and is a slight chemical tweak of it.

My own personal experiences so far:

lemongrass oil: appetite stimulant, even for potheads who can't eat; antifungal/cleaning agent (can be used on feet, or to freshen a room), balancing in mood, best for masking the smell of cigarettes if that is a thing.

bergamot oil: one of the most interesting aromas ever, a cross between I think a grapefruit or orange and a lemon from the 1600's. Uplifting antidepressant while remaining relaxing. Think it's good for smokers too.

grapefruit oil: Uplifting, giggly, purifying, circulation boosting. I think for nausea as well.

sage oil: grounding, thought provoking, topical pain reliever and anti-inflammatory (can be used in a hot bath or for a soak, it has heating or cooling effect on skin depending on how much is used, and is very cleaning of bacteria... the foot soaks are really nice and feel amazing actually), stimulant, best for masking smell of smoked tree. people who don't smoke weed especially transcendental indica like hindu kush would benefit from the cerebral effects of this. A pothead necessity.

-lavender: sort of like the valium of essential oils. Floral, I like it. A lot of people use it for sleep, but people in the know often don't. I close my eyes in bed, and feel like I am laying in a meadow of wonderful flowers. It's chill.

-Patchouli: in a lot of women's perfumes, very relaxing and good for sleep. Hippies used to wear this one notoriously in the 60's, but it doesn't really mask the smell of pot. It's just another awesome flower. Perhaps an aphrodisiac. Amazing to soak your hair/scalp with too, it is like wearing an aroma cloak.

-Cinnamon: very refreshing, stimulating, personally I've never been one to like the aroma of cinnamon too much so it's not my fave

-geranium: extremely floral and silly, usually needs to be combined with something. Overpowering.

-rose oil: from another dimension. A romantic compass. Takes 10,000 petals to make an ounce, very expensive.

-jasmine: ambrosial floral aroma, exotic and amazing. aphrodisiac

-black pepper: crazy spicy, used to help relieve smokers of cravings and improve lung health and I can see why. Would like to get more, expensive though. Very relaxing as well.

Those are a few of the ones I have tried. I have found some sort of use for all of them. Highly recommend looking into, but there are lots of hustlers to be weary of. I bought a few books first and now all these studies to go through to understand how they work so well for me. So there are research papers and scientific studies and stuff that I am looking into, to see what scientists and engineers have done so far with this. Apparently they have identified a lot of anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatories, some novel anti-depressants and anxiolytics. I've yet to find anything for pain that works though. We could all use more anti-oxidants I am sure.

This will interest cannabis enthusiasts too. A big part of medical pot is the terpene content, which is mainly responsible for the different aromatics. I've seen all the same terpenes in one oil or another, so it's like, if you know MMJ, you can make your own terpene profiles and essentially reduce the need to choose just the right strain if you know what terpenes you like (ex. d-limonene for depression, linalool for anxiety or insomnia). The same terpenes that are in hash oil are in way higher concentrations in these oils, and they are far more efficiently absorbed by direct inhalation through the nostrils. I can control my high this way. If I smoke too much of a hybrid and have a panic attack (I fucking hate hybrids tbh) then I will get lavender going, feels more like purp after a bit. You can also dab them like infused shatter or in particular for wax they are awesome to experiment with if you are cool with vaporizing random medicinal plant oils extracts.

Last edited:
Wow,I was here to ask you some questions about oils and you make a golden post like that :)

So you inhale them? Like just open the bottle and sniff?

I'm thinking about buying an essential oil diffuser which is just a(I think) a water humidifier that you are drops of oil to. Do you know if something like will just make your house smell nice or if it will give some actual medicinal value?

Cool thank you. The diffuser will fill a room with the aroma and you just chill it's pretty much a cool mist humidifier for them and acts as one without using the oils. Not open the bottle and sniff, maybe to sample. They are oils you can also rub into your skin they work that way too as anti-inflammatories, the ones that have that property. I inhale them through the nose either by cupping my hands, keeping them in my hair (especially patchouli, damned hippies), or just soaking my nose in a drop of the oil. Depends on which one. I always use rose on my nose. The diffuser gives excellent medicinal value, they can be pricy. There are good books you can pick up too on the topic there is a lot to it. That is probably as concise as I can make it before starting my creative project. The grapefruit oil is making me feel less burnt out and I am diffusing it. Love the stuff, so bright and cheerful.

Wait I'm confused you said the diffuser can work without the oils? Then it's just a regular humidifier right? Which diffuser do you have or can you recommend me a cheapish decent one? I see them in amazo n all the time in the 30$ to 50$ range with 4-5 stars on em

I don't know about recommending you them. I just have my own it is a good one and didn't get it from there.
I think a regular cool mist humidifier would be clogged by the oils and broken. A diffuser is a different thing, one designed to be used with the oils. You can still run it with nothing but water in them. I do frequently to get out any residuals, and since it's so dry here this time of year.

The diffuser I see as amazing for intense bedridden withdrawal. It would help so much and does, I have a good collection of the oils now. I would probably not get a diffuser right away I'd get a few oils and experiment with them in other ways. I got my first diffuser over a year after starting to use these, money better spent on experimenting with different types of oils imo.

Ok thanks for the info man.

Idk if you or the others know but Amazon has hundreds of giveaways that only take a second to enter. Just looked part of the pages and saw 4 diffren t diffusers and about 10 diffren t giveaways for oils, some with 1 vial and some with multiple viles with diffren t oils. Plus there's all kinds of electronics and what not. I myself have won 4 giveaways since I started doing them, havn t won anything to great but I'll take whatever.

I'm not sure on the link but just type Amazon giveaways in Google and it'll come right up. Just be sure to look at the time when the giveaway started, if it's within the last hour or so if comeback to it later other wise you pretty much have 0 chance of winning and it's only 1 entry per giveaway.

You should inform yourself because it's actually pretty complicated. Some oils are a lot more expensive than others - rose is extremely expensive - however, a drop on my nose before leaving for yoga or the mall seems to create romantic encounters out of nowhere. That just happened. I met a sexy tall brunette girl, who is mysterious to me. She said she's sure she'll see me around. Now I have to talk to this other fox like I have to cause it's work related so I'm just getting this off my chest so I can try and remain zen and not have my paranoid or stupid thoughts interfering. She was definitely interested in me and I am looking nowhere near my best lol. I am a skeleton like my collarbones and ribs ugh I'm so out of shape haha. So I will be going to yoga a lot. I just in fact came to a deep spiritual realization after the meditation class this evening and my time with that girl. At this time in my life, yoga is necessary.

Ever since I quit opiates, hot yoga has been literally necessary for my health and well being. Getting very fit seems to really help make up for the pain problems and in turn the mental health problems. I can't complain about being around generally chill people too. What I just experienced was so relaxing. About an hour chatting and working with a beautiful brunette I still know nothing about except her name and that she doesn't in fact have an accent lol just a cute voice. But it was fun. And then my class was super chill and in corpse pose I nearly left my body. I was getting close to the source and seeing colours in my mind floating around and out of my body in beams. It was pretty trippy but then again I smoked a joint that I put out about 5 seconds before walking in (so obnoxious lol but it's legal here).

But yeah it takes like 10,000 petals to make an ounce of rose oil so people will mix cheaper ones like geranium and patchouli to mimic the scent of it so yeah be careful about supplier. Yeah... they even cut aromatherapy oils these days. Hustlers. Also, they use synthetic chemicals that have the same aromas it is fucking crazy so find something reputable it would be easy for me to tell. They wouldn't get the viscosity right or something would be wrong.

It seems that at this time of my life I need to 'flow' with everything just let it happen and stop resisting I have so much aversion I just need to let things happen and stop letting my thoughts interfere the anxiety is just SO extreme I can't even explain it. I'm proud of myself just for being able to be nice and talkative around that girl even if the class was at the peak of my taper dose. I've only made in there a handful of times this year and used to go 5 times a week and wasn't eating and lost all my flexibility and strength from last year haha. So stupid but benzos will ruin your life.

Yeah so that is over with I had to vent I don't like feeling self conscious when talking to women. Sort of just have to do it. I still was haha it wasn't that bad she knows I'm messed up.

I have to do more yoga than I am, one of the best part is it does something that makes one able to take ridiculous sized bong tokes. When I get the most lit.

Got this shit figured out. A hot tall brunette, some sort of job, yoga, no drugs at all but weed and coffee all day and kpins for life. Essential oil and diffuser fiend. Buy the stuff back that I lost to H and benzos. I lost about 10k worth of music equipment short selling for dope and that was just one hustle near the end. When I was unable to function anymore but tried to keep it going. That shit will always haunt me. Those guitars meant the world to me, all the vintage pedals and tube amps. Fuck. And I'd do the same for these fucking benzos if I wasn't in a damned psych ward.

NUKESHOCK, this dude knows what he's talking about, u should not play with benzo w/drawls, dude. If u have no money, you must go to the e.r. or check urself into a BMU. Codeine would prolly suck for you, bc u haven't been addicted to anything heavier than that, but I can assure you half of us would pay to change places with you in withdrawal symptoms. In comparison, it's Tylenol, u will totally be ok with a quick list of vitamins.
SHROOM-i am also into oils and vitamins, it is AMAZING to me that the right mix of vitamins will fix anything-including withdrawals. They are 10x better than otc shit.

And lastly, through experience I would consider myself to be a 9 in the looks category, along w/ properly educated/fitness fanatic/general looks dept._also brunette and [high functioning currently exdrug addict thanks to this thread,mostly] i may can shine a light on ur girl issue. For 1-u r just depressed right now, i can list u some crazy vit mix for that, 2-we girls don't immediately want a dude, we find dudes hot when their humor and personality mixes with their looks and that takes a few more meetings to put it all together for us (the emotionally/mentally stable chicks, anyway). Which is why u see us with guys that look like they are beneath us ( in the looks dept). If u are funny, no chick cares what u look like, she will be instantly attracted.

One more thing, NUKE, working out is absolutely essential. You should begin doing this before tapering off anything, it. Changes. The. Game. It truly does! I am convinced thru this last sub taper that it cut withdrawal symptom lengths to atleast a 3rd. Of what others experience. And less fat means less places to store toxins, turns u into a fast metabolizer.

Hello, Betternow, so you are a girl who might catch my eye. Cool. There were no problems with the one last night and it was just the two of us enjoying each other's company. I'll see her around. I would have offered her a ride home if I knew her. Maybe you can better me now? If the vitamin store is open on family day, that is. I don't know much about vitamins. I am confused about them, other end of science. Nobody has ever been able to explain nutrition to me properly.

The furthest I will go with blends is bergamot+grapefruit. I think it's different with vitamins though, you shouldn't just choose one but a healthy mix of proper ratios like I see with amino acids profiles on vegan proteins? What about plant based EPA/DHA? Those are not vitamins though(?). I think I would probably want to take the advised ratio of vitamins. Follow some instructions for once. I have confused myself. Don't be holding out on your candy I want that formula.

Nutrition is so important, it is so obvious when I have all my veggies and stuff vs. when fridge is getting empty.

My lady issue is in my mind so complicated, I don't know what to write other than an essay, which I suppose I have here; but it is depression, social development/environmental factors, and anxiety related. It is frustrating. It is just me right now, I'm sad. I don't need to overcomplicate it. My younger sis is the same way with men. We are both very lonely and super bright and definitely good looking professionals my sis is beauty she's great. (when boy, will you ever get your shit together...). She even has her own house. We never talked before growing up, and have become very close the past couple years. I think that is important for the both of us. I am being extra nice to her she likes the attention and she is my sister, I have to look out for her.

At least it's not performance anxiety, and I can carry on conversations with those I am interested in. I should go with this for now not be shy and see where it takes me and maybe, just maybe cut back a little bit on the dope? These chicks haven't ever seen me not baked. I think it is better that way, and it's not like I have any control over my compulsive bong tokes anyway.

Thank you and for backing me up from the nuke shock. Yeah, my doctor respects my knowledge and in return I respect her. It's great. Took a while to find that too but it's special. Anyone in this situation needs a good doctor too.

Got off track with dosing, which is easy to do the way it is set up for me.

Woke up feeling like I was dying. That was 13 hours ago. I still feel like I'm dying.

I was catatonic all day until my dose 2 hours ago. I dosed heavier than usual, but on time. That is the right thing to do for me, because if I don't stick to my specific times I can lose control.

I feel the mental relaxation, but the withdrawal today stressed my body enough that I still have couch locking physical tension 2 hours after dosing. So annoying. It is the worst day for this. I guess my week will start tomorrow if I am lucky to wake up feeling sane. I have to vent some days are hell. I feel like I can sense the withdrawal related physical damage singularly done today.

I have now been in fight or flight response for about 20 hours. It is becoming challenging to manage. My taper dose is not high enough and there is so much unnecessary stress in my life right now that I am by no means safe. By no means. I plan on posting here cause I forget a lot of stuff and I'm too lazy to write in my journal lately, so if I don't post for a bit there is definitely reason for concern. I could be homeless as early as tomorrow and my life actually completely destroyed.

Last edited:
Ok nuke, adding to what everyone said. To put it bluntly codeine withdrawals are fuck all in the grand scheme. And Ive known a few people taking high doses of codeine daily (doctor prescribed) who wasted away worse than any hard opioid addict I've ever known. Kick the shit dude it's no good for u and loses the good feeling after like the first week.

Now as for the benzos. Get out now and DONT do it alone. Go to the doctor and get put on a taper and follow it before it's too late. If ur taking that much nitraz then you're in serious danger of life threatening withdrawals. Benzo withdrawal is hell. I've been struggling with Valium for years now and can't seem to kick it, while coke, speed, hard opioids, etc. Were all a cakewalk for me. Get clear of that shit now while u can.

I find for me personally if the benzos are kept at a really low and therapeutic dose they're great, although unhealthy and bad for your brain.

Hey guys. I'm back on my Valium. Currently downing a few glasses of Jameson whiskey. Leaving with my buddy in the early morning for 8 weeks to finish my schooling. Feeling pretty great right now. Stopped Taking amitryptaline until I talk to a doctor.
Whiskey river take my miiiind!!

I'd be more concerned if there has been any tylenol in the codeine formulation (seriously, it's really bad for you).

Agreed. Everything was a cakewalk at the end of the day, except for these benzos. I cannot and refuse to quit, but I can at least very slowly taper. Only drug that nearly killed me a bunch of times too. Only one like that, I ever first heard of or took from a doctor. Been on them ever since.

Yeah, that is what I'm going for - a lower dose of benzos. I am sure they are bad for a lot of things, but so is extreme anxiety, stress, and having panic attacks all the time. I am struggling so much. I have been pretty much having a panic attack since I woke up yesterday. A day of extreme, paralyzing, relentless anxiety now, and I'm trying to get shit done I can't even move.

Always been too nervous to combine alcohol and benzos. Not about overdose, I would not trust myself. Then I'd be opening the door to doing that again, and most def would.

If u are funny, no chick cares what u look like, she will be instantly attracted.

This has already helped me so much on several occasions. It is my nature, I am a very silly pothead. I suffered for so long that I lost my sense of humour for years. Getting it back, able to watch trailer park boys and pay attention and giggle again. Also, I am cracking jokes left right and center wherever I go. Must be a sort of humour release but people are digging it because my sense of humour is kinda like 'I don't give a fuck' I know I am being a delinquent a little but I'm too cute for them to give me any shit about it. I dunno. This really helped today. I was at the bank getting money for drugs, and had a split second very romantic encounter with a girl working who came out of nowhere. We were joking about the silliest thing it just started with me complimenting her... we didn't know what to call the article of clothing. So funny what we were coming up with and it brightened my day.

Funny how you say instant, as I felt the same way. I have seen her around cause I'm always in there doing shit to get money for drugs and I'm always like, she is the sexiest girl who works here (to me). Had my eye on her a bit but today she came out of nowhere and yeah as soon as she came back at me with an even sillier joke I was totally into her. I might see her around again when I need money for dope. That is the irony of it, even my horoscope said there would be a romantic encounter today and I was like wtf? I need chron and have to do so stupid banking for it. I put a drop of rose oil on my nose earlier for anxiety though... I'm telling you, well see above post. I def broke the ice I guess you could say? If I run into her again I could go from there, maybe joke about how fucked up my finances are. I find they like it when I make fun of myself too, but I like to keep things respectful enough that it won't really piss anyone off to bother doing anything about it. I've been fired from several jobs for having a similar attitude.

Ugh. My thoughts are so scattered... it's past 3 and I'm just having my first coffee of the day after taking care of business.

In a haze this morning. I was yesterday too, but was productive and thoughtful, social, had fun. Can't think straight some days. So slow. Waking up not knowing what to expect each day. Maybe a healthy lunch will help. So tired of feeling this type of exhaustion. Like I don't have any spirit in me, not just physically tired. Head doesn't feel right I feel stupid.

I feel sooooooooooo lazyyy right now brain fog at its worst. Ugh. It's even in the stars today. It doesn't help that I have family and medical obligations today and I feel too lazy to go anywhere. I've been this way all day, since 5am. That is over 8 hours of waiting to feel better. I skipped a dose accidentally, I don't think that has to do with it though. Some days, feel like shit. Today is one of them. It sucks, especially today I'm supposed to be actually really busy and I feel incapable of doing anything but brewing tea. Out of coffee. Sucks. At least I am not out of benzos though and I have a full pot prescription so enough weed for once to smoke heavy tokes every couple of hours.

The super healthy lunch didn't help. Guess today is just a waste. My brain is simply not functioning at all. There is stuff I seriously can't bail on like I'm known as a no-show but today I really can't.

The brain feeling these days, it is like a coke crash after doing a lot if you have ever experienced that.

Last edited:
So so sorry short-i got busy working- Let me get right to this now and when I get a sec I will do some personal things re:ur messages.
U will need the following
L-Tyrosine-1000+ mgs b'fast lunch dinner.3 x a day
B6 too bc one helps with the other (absorption wise)
Potassium alot helps with pain
Magnesium as it helps potassium absorption
Men's Centrum
L-theanine night
ashwagnda night
GABA Night
800 mg ibuprofen 3x a day
1000 mgs Koi CBD oil under the tongue as much as possible.
If anyone knows if this will work, it's me.
After u get to feeling better u can enjoy
Sleep Walker vitamin energy shot (these are great for PAWS and morning lethargy)

F U autocorrect!!!!
Sorry about typos in the beginning part-shroomy.
When I get a sec I will go over the more personal stuff,k??
How are u feeling??

Status
Not open for further replies.