Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey no problem.

I think due to how long youv e been using opiates that you will be going through some withdraw no matter what. At what level that may be is anyone's guess. But I can guarantee loratab is easier to come off than subs. How much lortab do you take in a day?

I have taken 5 today. And that will prolly be it. I have 23 or so left. If I could just get to the 2 week recovery time (from an surgery) I could start back at the gym and this would be a BREEZE. Bc it seems my w/drawls were made worse by the infected incisions. So I can't tell where this overwhelming exhaustion is actually coming from!??

Whoever you are dude, you are helping me out a you-i can't wait to be a normal person who doesn't take anything!!! I feel like I am so in control of my entire life from physique to happiness and this one thing is the only thing standing in my way I AM BETTER THAN THIS!

Depending on which benzos. It's a nasty withdrawal. U have one thing going for ya- u only have PAWS but it's dangerous PAWS like possibly seizure type stuff.

Whoever you are dude, you are helping me out a you-i can't wait to be a normal person who doesn't take anything!!! I feel like I am so in control of my entire life from physique to happiness and this one thing is the only thing standing in my way I AM BETTER THAN THIS!

Good to hear, keep it up! I myself am on the 4th day of being down to .25 subs. Wish I had loratabs, if he doing what you are! If you can stay stable with Lortabs coming off .7 subs then I should be able to do it with my .25.

You got this!

Good to hear, keep it up! I myself am on the 4th day of being down to .25 subs. Wish I had loratabs, if he doing what you are! If you can stay stable with Lortabs coming off .7 subs then I should be able to do it with my .25.

You got this![/QUOTE]

I am trying to figure out how to post and shit....are you dying/ or freaking out?? What do you have for comfort meds? Even thru surgery these things kept me sane-imodium (2 to 3x a day about 6 total thruout), generic claritin, 5-htp, 3x Ltyrosine, GABA, (but not at the same time as L-tyrosine),Ashwanda, and CBD 1000 mgs (for the depression, crying etc) and I had like 5 valium. It was the exhaustion that was the real problem for me after 6 days.

I am SO PROUD OF you, dude!!!! If you can get ur heart rate up for at least 20 mins. Even if it's running in place u should it is insane the way that helps.

You got this!

I am trying to figure out how to post and shit....are you dying/ or freaking out?? What do you have for comfort meds? Even thru surgery these things kept me sane-imodium (2 to 3x a day about 6 total thruout), generic claritin, 5-htp, 3x Ltyrosine, GABA, (but not at the same time as L-tyrosine),Ashwanda, and CBD 1000 mgs (for the depression, crying etc) and I had like 5 valium. It was the exhaustion that was the real problem for me after 6 days.[/QUOTE]

Slighly freaking out, my body is definitely in shock. I've only been on subs for about 7 months, 18mg was my highest. Was on methadone for 6+ years before that.

Definitely feeling it but gonna stick it out, already 5 days in.

No comfort meds, just a little bit of pot.

My goal was to At least get down to .25 before I quit but now that I'm there I'm shooting for .125-.06mg. Like you I'm extremely excited what I'll be able to do when I'm off. Can't wait!

Imodium would be 100% a last resort and I don't plan on even taking it until I'm fully off and on risk of taking more subs. With it being an opiate i feel like it'll prolong my recovery. But in your situation i don't see much problem switching to loratab as long as it's been used sparingly. Apparently the withdrawal from Imodium can last longer than subutex or methadone. But that's from high doses.

I would try to cut out the Imodium if your able to and just stick with loratab and taper that as much as you can with your limited ammount.

immodium is an opioid but it isn't psychoactive as it struggles to cross the blood brain barrier under normal conditions. It shouldn't prolong your withdrawal if taken in moderate doseages, but even if it did, it'd be a bit like tapering for the physical symptoms. Less severe symptoms but possibly over a little longer period of time. It probably won't be needed longer than 1-2 weeks, or I wouldn't take it much longer than that at least.

You got this![/QUOTE]
immodium is an opioid but it isn't psychoactive as it struggles to cross the blood brain barrier under normal conditions. It shouldn't prolong your withdrawal if taken in moderate doseages, but even if it did, it'd be a bit like tapering for the physical symptoms. Less severe symptoms but possibly over a little longer period of time. It probably won't be needed longer than 1-2 weeks, or I wouldn't take it much longer than that at least.

I haven't taken immodium today so I'm done with that problem. I have had no subs for 8 days. But I have taken 4 lortabs 7.5 today for surgical pain. I am going to try for that to be it today as yesterday was 6. As I said, I was totally clean. For info sakes, other than skeletal/muscular aches that are no fun that's my only issue currently. I'd prolly be in PAWS if it weren't for the 1000 mgs CBD.

I believe that u should take the taper as low as possible. And I'd love to hear ur feedback on how that goes.

It would be awesome if the dr.s gave a placebo suboxone for the last, say 3 weeks, for someone who got down to as low as u will be and didn't tell you. Those would be interesting stats to read.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been posting at all lately. I'm really, really fucking busy with school and just don't have time right now. On the plus side I have my Valium back. What a relief. Soon be done school as well. The fun shit starts now (actually doing some work). I've been taking an old amitryptaline script I had lying around for about a week now. in the night to help me sleep. and I feel amazing. Going to talk to my doctor about getting on this stuff. That plus the Valium is making me feel normal for once. I hope you guys are all doing ok. I've seen some of you have had a lot of trouble lately and I hate that. Again sorry for going off the radar, just haven't had time to sit down and focus long enough to post here. I'm doing good for now tho if anyone cares.

Sending love to you all.

Hey all,
So I'm new to the site and obviously this thread. I just moved to Utah and am looking for a good physician in the state. Distance doesn't matter but I live in Ogden. I was diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome this year and I don't want to waste my time going from Dr to Dr to find something that works. If anyone could recommend a good Dr I would greatly appreciate it!

^Don't think you're allowed to ask those types of questions here in fact I am certain of it.

Good to hear dopie jay. I was frustrated with school near the end of it. Anxious to get working. Now I'm anxious to leave the place, but improving for sure. I have a good degree and friends who didn't do drugs for many years after they graduated and took their futures more seriously, once my health is good and I am stable I have a good job waiting for me. A lot of things will change, then. I am limited in how many hours I can work now, so I am working on a creative side project that is benefitting me in several respects and could lead to a career plus it's just super enjoyable science and hands-on activities.

I am doing well. Pretty sure I'm blacklisted from valium for abusing it, I am pretty sure, but I can't complain about my klons I have instead. The dose is way higher it is going to be a long taper. I am confused wtf is going on with the medical system right now they are making this confusing or I might be subconsciously biding my time. The longer I keep on this dose before dropping it with a psych, the better.

Don't have much to say about myself really. Still depressed as fuck but that is my life it seems. I can't ever do H again so I'm stuck feeling this way.

I really appreciate you guys keeping the thread going.
If you guys remember, monday will be 2 weeks that i had to come off ct from .7 subs due to a surgery. I am down to 4 lortabs a day. They actually work now for the pain, couple hours anyway, but I know that must come to an end in the next 2 days. I wonder if the sub withdrawal will still be there? Or will I only have to deal with a lortab wd? Anyone have any experience. I have only taken lortabs since the surgery.

Well I've never fully quit subs but it sounds like most people are over the withdrawal in 1-3 weeks. Your definitely past the worst part of it.

But not to worry you but due to how long youve been on opiates there's no way( I could be wrong) you will be withdrawl free. Although I wouldn't worry to much about it. 4 lortabs a day will be much easier than any amount of subs.

I do remember when I was younger and I would take either 2 5mg Percocet or 4 5mg vicodins and be pretty high and trying to quit that wasnt all that hard. I made it 2 weeks from the amount with only weed. But I wasn't truly ready to be clean and wanted to still get high which made it so much more difficult.

There's a big difference from when you are taking any amounts of opiates to get high and going to zero vs getting down to a small amount for maintenance / pain and going to zero. Getting high and going to zero is a big shock to your body physically and mentally. But getting used to being sober then quitting will soften the blow quite a bit i think, especially the mental side of it.

So if you get any good feeling from those lortabs cut your dose in half which would give you 4 days of being sober vs 2 days of being high. 4 days sober isn't long but should help. If they don't get you high continue with the way your going! Either way great job!

If things get tough once your off try to power through with your valium if you still have any!

I myself went from .25 to .125 subs and am 3 days in. I can definitely feel it a lot this with this jump, maybe I shouldn't of cut it in half but I'm sticking with it. If I can't handle tapering I'll never make it getting clean, I just keep on telling myself that. And weed helps a bit so there's that.

And shroomy your never stuck! I know it might seem like things will never change but they do! And it's great you have a good job ready for you when your ready. I wish I could say the same

Acute wds from Immodium last roughly 2 weeks, but the wds from 6 pills a day would be very minimal. The nice bit of using Loperamide(Immodium) is that its OTC and you can go as slow tapering as you want without needing a prescription. It is a very long lasting opioid, and very difficult to get high from. It definitely works to knock out wds from other opioids, although it takes about 48 hours to really start working and another 2-4 days to get used to it.
It has a short opioid-like effect at high doses, so I prefer to dose every 6 hours. Some people say dosing once per day is good, but I disagree. Starting with equal amounts of Loperamide to match hydrocodone for the first 2-5 days, then tapering down approximately 25% every 4-6 days has worked for me.
Beware that Loperamide totally raises your tolerance for other opioids, rendering them nearly useless for around two weeks after stopping lope. It is worlds better than cold turkey, but not magic.

Yeah women can be tough lol. But no matter how much money you have or the best looks/personality can't make a girl like you. Dosn t mean anything is wrong with you, it's just that it takes two to tangle. Just like if a girl who likes you, but you don't feel the same, youd wouldn't be into her just because she likes you.

You'll find someone, it's just about finding the right one. But if you give up it'll never happen.

I get your not trying to quit benzos atm but your still tapering right? I imagine you'll feel better about yourself the more you lower your dose. I know it's a tough time for you but you seem to be doing better than a few months ago!

I'm too stoned to understand that last sentence in the first paragraph. To me that means like, the women who are clearly attracted to me and openly flirt with me however they do are typically the ones I would want to get to know anyway. I don't know how to respond and it angers me and anger management issues fuel these bong rips etc. I have no problems attracting enough or having chill conversations with them but I never get anywhere so stopped caring but I can't stop caring so now I'm fucked I''m just depressed. I still talk to them I am just no longer interested in anyone for many reasons. A lot of it had to do with actually trying for once and for a while. That made me realize my romantic idealism I had been holding onto for 10 years out of hope that there would be someone, was just bullshit and I'm probably going to die in some random washroom doing a line. It's not possible anymore anyway I'm too messed up. I wanted to meet someone 10 years ago like I was ready to get married back then I'm too messed up now but it didn't work out nobody was interested back then only now for some reason but now I am too messed up to leave my place most of the time I've imprisoned myself in some fucked up torture chamber that is my mind.

Was screaming at myself within 10min of waking up this morning, heart rate up, racing around the house cleaning the bong to perfection so I can get the smoothest hit. Which did mellow me out, it was a solid toke and ghosted it. That is a lot for me in the morning usually that hit would be reserved for after a workout to pass out. It kept me from wanting to hurt myself though and the one thing with this med is it kicks in way too slow without pot. I'm just totally chill now it's crazy. It's crazy to wake up and curse yourself satanically, hate yourself that much, want to escape so bad, and after a bong toke and when the kpin starts working it is chill. Temporarily. I'm never really okay, but there are times when I can enjoy myself. They are rare, and I cherish them. I definitely enjoyed that bong toke in the frigid air it really cooled the smoke down and yeah it's hard to get me high but I'm stoned for once. Smokin weed all day to not even be high anymore it seems.

Hey, Sorry if I'm aide tracking this thread convo, Saw the thread and wanted to ask for help, Currently now a Codiene addict, I would spend like $400-$600 to buy those 30MG Codiene phosphate tablets a month and ration it to 8 Pills a day (240Mg) and it's been going on for almost a year. Recently lost my job but after I got my monthly stash which is gonna end by the end of February. Also using like Nitrazepam (Benzo) about 1mg daily as well to help me sleep. Got real insomnia, but I take the Codiene for recreation or when I snort my Ritalin prescription for a speedball. Now I want to get off my dependence on the Codiene cuz I heard that if I suddenly just stop I might get really bad withdrawal. Is there anyone with advice on how I can taper or resist, idk if I have Depression but during the day I am just depressed and have no motivation for anything and all I look forward to is 8Pm when I dose my Codiene and when it wears off I pop my benzo and sleep, even tbe Codiene alone can't make me sleepy or even help me sleep thus the Benzo. If any one has any answers or something, desperate cuz now I'm broke I can't get my Codiene or benzo and I hate feeling that it's the only thing I look forward in my life

Status
Not open for further replies.