• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-Bromo-DMT Thread

I have no idea, but I am going to have some 5-Cl-AMT to experiment with sometime soon. Although of course 5-Cl-DMT will be quite different, it's possible there is congruency in the manner in which a chlorine on the 5-position of different psychedelic tryptamines affects the potency.

Does this mean I have to try it? I can't really find any experience reports on the compound.

Anyone know what doses/ROA I should attempt?

Not sure, I'd start trying it vaped, with doses at the 5-MeO-DMT level, and work up from there.

I have no idea, but I am going to have some 5-Cl-AMT to experiment with sometime soon. Although of course 5-Cl-DMT will be quite different, it's possible there is congruency in the manner in which a chlorine on the 5-position of different psychedelic tryptamines affects the potency.
Off topic: Are you worried about MAOI properties of 5-Cl-AMT? It sounds like an appealing compound aside from that...

I am going to be cautious, of course, but it is also said that AMT itself is an MAOI, and I have never had any problems with it (obviously I wouldn't take MDMA with it, for example).

I want to order some, but the 5 subs give me such a body load, and from what ive read this only seems to be mildly psychedelic. perhaps if the dosage was pushed higher it would be more psychedelic, but for me that would likely mean increased body load....I might order just to have as a novelty just to say i have it lol

I want to order some, but the 5 subs give me such a body load, and from what ive read this only seems to be mildly psychedelic. perhaps if the dosage was pushed higher it would be more psychedelic, but for me that would likely mean increased body load....I might order just to have as a novelty just to say i have it lol
I can't say for certain, but I'd expect a 5-halo sub to be significantly different than a 5-MeO or 5-HO tryptamine (those are the only 5-subs I've tried to date, and 5-HO-DMT can be very rough physically).

I can't say for certain, but I'd expect a 5-halo sub to be significantly different than a 5-MeO or 5-HO tryptamine (those are the only 5-subs I've tried to date, and 5-HO-DMT can be very rough physically).

Offtopic, but how does the body load of 5-HO-DMT compare to that of 5-MeO-DMT? And the psychedelic effects?

Just received some of this, tho I'm not terribly excited to try it. But was thinking we could make a small and dandy thread for 5-Bromo-DMT. Theres a few reports on reddit, most describe it as pretty lack luster in comparison to n,n, but also that it's nice and relaxing

So I tried it. About 20mgish (eyeballed) taken via a nectar collector.

It's extremely relaxing. Very reminiscent of the tail end of a positive 5 meo dmt experience. No meeting god, but I love my self, my life, and all who help make it worth living. Very tactile, warm, and snuggly. 2/10 visually.

I see why some people call it lackluster, but I imagine they want complete annihilation.

I'd put this in between aprolozam, 5 meo dmt, and mda.

No anxiety, just goodness. Lots of yawns, would be smiking ear to ear but too relaxed.

My lil trip report

I wanna say there were no negatives physically and I am very familiar with 5 meo dmt amd 5 oh dmt. Mayne the most relaxing tryptamine I've ever tried in my life. There were a couple beers an hour or so earlier. Atm I just feel good, and tingly to my toes but in a good way.

If you're trying to get rocked and meet aliens you will be disappointed. I just feel happy and fullfilled

It's extremely relaxing. Very reminiscent of the tail end of a positive 5 meo dmt experience. No meeting god, but I love my self, my life, and all who help make it worth living. Very tactile, warm, and snuggly. 2/10 visually.

I see why some people call it lackluster, but I imagine they want complete annihilation.

No anxiety, just goodness. Lots of yawns, would be smiking ear to ear but too relaxed.

My lil trip report

What do you mean taken via nectar collector? Was this orally?

Any other subsequent experiences? If so how did they go? Im considering getting some.

A nectar collector is a sort of straw with a dab-style metal tip that you heat with a torch, then insert it into something to vaporize it and inhale. Basically a way to do dabs but works with any sort of vaping.

My lil trip report

Sounds lovely, actually. :) Makes me more interested to try it. Interesting how dramatically different a halogen on the 5th position vs a methoxy makes. Or hydroxy, for that matter.

I thought that too for a good while. Dream fish are still a mystery and I think any research is still coming up empty. I think it was Johnathan Ott (?) that speculated 5-Bromo-DMT but don't quote me. I have a few of his books I have not read in a while. I thought I heard that too. But I recently went into my book collection and pulled out a few. Ayahuasca Analogues and Pharmacotheon: Entheogenic Drugs, Their Plant Sources, and History. I guess I technically should have scoured any info before posting but I am impatient. :)

Still need more info in 5-Bromo-DMT. But I think the effects are separate from what we thought the dream fish could contain. I am not even sure there is a correct species that we know.

But I do think it is known that 5-Bromo-DMT was found in a sponge. Some Smenospongia sponges.
Yeah the dream fish could be a range of species involved and mixing of species during intoxication. As Hamilton said somebody would truly have to dedicate a lifetime to figure out that one.

Sounds lovely, actually. :) Makes me more interested to try it. Interesting how dramatically different a halogen on the 5th position vs a methoxy makes. Or hydroxy, for that matter.
Combined with other drugs sounds very very interesting

If its anything like 5-meo-dmt I'm gonna sit this one out. I've had many bad/difficult trips, but my accidental 5-meo-dmt overdose caused some serious trauma (set my sails a bit too far out) , so hopefully this sea creature is a bit more gentle and forgiving.
It sounds like it definitely is