• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Simpsons

3-6

enjoy.

That window is too narrow. You're leaving out some amazing episodes, ie Bart Sells His Soul (7), Marge Be Not Proud (7), You Only Move Twice (8), Homer vs the Eighteenth Amendment (8), Homer's Enemy (8)--even season 9 has some good ones, although I agree that's where it drops off--The City of New York vs Homer Simpson (9), This Little Wiggy (9).

The show really hit its stride in season 4, the season which contains my all-time favorite episode Last Exit to Springfield.

That window is too narrow.

YOU'RE too narrow.

haha, just kidding. But seriously, if we're talking about merely good Simpsons seasons then yeah, it's too narrow. You would even include the second season up to the ninth, imo. But the "best of the best" where not a single episode in the season was lacking, those are a bit stricter guidelines. FWIW, season 4 is my favorite.

alasdair

^;)

I don't mind anyone saying what their favorite is. That's an interesting choice though.

That window is too narrow. You're leaving out some amazing episodes, ie Bart Sells His Soul (7), Marge Be Not Proud (7), You Only Move Twice (8), Homer vs the Eighteenth Amendment (8), Homer's Enemy (8)--even season 9 has some good ones, although I agree that's where it drops off--The City of New York vs Homer Simpson (9), This Little Wiggy (9).

The show really hit its stride in season 4, the season which contains my all-time favorite episode Last Exit to Springfield.

I agree - how can one omit seasons 7 and 8 from the show's peak?

Bart Sells His Soul is definitely one of the best episodes of all time. Season 7 also has great episodes such as Team Homer, Two Bad neighbors, Homer the Smithers, and many other solid episodes.

Season 8 is even better, with classics such as
You Only move twice
Hurricane Neddy
The Mysterious Voyage of Homer
The Springfield Files
The Twisted World of Marge Simpson
Mountain of Madness
Homer Vs. The Eighteenth Amendment
The Canine Mutiny
Homer's Enemy
The Secret War of Lisa Simpson

And though The show started to slip a bit in Season 9, the early part of the season actually has some of the show's greatest episodes.

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson and
The Cartridge Family
match up against any episodes from any season.

Bary Star and Das Bus are strong episodes. This little Wiggy and Simpson Tide are strong episodes. Same goes for The Trouble with Trillions, Girly Edition, and Trash of the titans.

I will admit that the other episodes from season 9 are decidedly weak, and that from season 10 on there are few gems to speak of.

My top ten list:

Bart the Murderer
Marge Vs. The Monorail
Homer the Great
Homie the Clown
Bart Vs. Australia
Bart Sells His Soul
Homer the Smithers
You Only Move Twice
Hurricane Neddy
The Mysterious Voyage of Homer
Mountain of Madness
Homer Vs. the Eighteenth Amendment
The Cartridge Family
City of New York Vs. Homer Simpson

Yeah, I know. That's 14. Picking a top 10 would be like picking my top ten trance tracks. Impossible.

i still hold "who shot mister burns" as my fave. i still need to find that video of the entire cast voice performing that entire double episode live on stage in front of an audience. i missed it when it was on several years back.

Yeah, I value you the Lisa-Bart childhood montage way too much, lol.

Hehe, I like the episode too, I wasn't trying to make you defend your choice. :)

I'd be inclined to agree with fjones on a lot of those episodes. Bart Sells His Soul is easily in my top 5. "If the Ayatollah can't have it, no one can!"

All this talk about the golden age of the Simpsons makes me sad about what the show is now.

don't really have a favorite and mentioning my top whatever takes too much effort. I'm feeling lazy at the moment. :D

I will say I liked Harvey Fierstein's cameo as Karl in Simpson and Delilah. Dustin Hoffman in Lisa's Substitute. MJ in Stark Raving Dad (definitely top 5 episode).

Shout out to Hank Scorpio!

hank-scorpio.gif

I'd love to see the demographic breakdown of this show's current audience for new shows. Is it mostly middle-aged fans of the first 10 (ish) seasons, who long to recapture the show in its heyday? Or is it mostly younger fans, who watch the show hoping for something good, because of hearing so many good things from people older than them?

The Chili Cookoff is hands down my favorite episode.

I'd love to see the demographic breakdown of this show's current audience for new shows. Is it mostly middle-aged fans of the first 10 (ish) seasons, who long to recapture the show in its heyday? Or is it mostly younger fans, who watch the show hoping for something good, because of hearing so many good things from people older than them?

Marge, if it's about laying off the insanity peppers, I'm way ahead of you.

Probably half of the middle aged fans (like my dad) have stopped watching it, while half of the whole entire next generation loves that shit. From 12 til now, my favorite shows were family guy, south park, and the simpsons (edit: oh and futurama). All my friends loved the show and most of them still do.

And i agree on the episode, i love cartoons that refer to drugs like mescaline. Not to mention that the fox was sick as fuck.

dxohfd.jpg

And as for the question if they should pull the plug on the simpsons --- Do you think they should kill jessica alba just cause she's getting older? No! She is still hott as wasabi.

Last edited: