Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Simpsons

and when Bart sells his soul. It's the one I just finished. After his fruit-less all-night quest to get his soul back, where he breaks down by his bed.. I actually cried. I'm still teary thinking about it. So well done.

"I am familiar with the works of Pablo Neruda."

There will never be another show with that type of humor. :(

anyone know where i can find a copy of the special they did, with the entire cast playing "who shot mister burns?" live on stage?

I love this show, only thing I never get tired of can watch it for hours on end. The only show that stayed pretty funny as well for like 20 seasons. I was watching the latest season online though and theres a huge difference, its rubbish and really has become what most shows after running for so long, become. Its just boring and the storys just aren't interesting even though they do a lot more shit, its just like there trying way too hard now and theyve made it shitty by doing so. It just doesn't feel like a good show anymore, just a shit cartoon. The latest season that is, I still have amazing respect for all the other seasons I mean imho its by far the best tv show ever.

Anyone else love The Simpsons =D

I just watched the most recent episode, and holy shit this show got bad. What the hell happened to Bart?

^ Really; I watched an episode once where they were all using cell phones (Homer was calling Bart because he was a chauffeur); that was the end of my watching of new episodes. So fake and forced, I almost get queezy when I happen to stumble on a post-season 12 episode. They're just so depressing. Season 11 was tolerable, but after that the whole style of humour, and more importantly, the characters changed so much. It's such a garbage show now. I pray for the day it gets cancelled.

The Simpsons (pre-10) is and forever will be my favorite show, letting it die with dignity has passed more than half of its total lifetime ago.

I just watched the most recent episode, and holy shit this show got bad. What the hell happened to Bart?

The problem with Bart (moreso than any of the other main characters) is that he's forever stuck in the 90s. He's a walking anachronism. It's impossible to conjure up modern day scenarios for this character that allow him to be taken seriously, or as intentionally funny.

I love the Simpsons, but you guys have to admit....the best seasons were the 1st 7 or 8. It was the Conan O'Brien years. Pure genius :)

So I'm going back thru Seasons 1-10 making gifs of random Simpsons stuff. If there's any requests from anyone I'll be glad to give it a crack. Here's my first attempt, cheers to anyone who can tell me the episode it's from. Double Extra Special Fun Points for anyone who can tell me the guest voice actor.

1elyZiz.gif

He's getting punched by his brother, Herb POWell, voiced by Danny DeVito. I couldn't remember the name of the episode, so I cheated and looked it up. It's Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? To be honest, I don't know the vast majority of the episode titles, simply because they never show them in the beginning.

I'd like to see some gifs from when Homer was tripping off of the Guatemalan chili peppers, season 8 episode 9.

which seasons did conan work on and what did he do?

can anyone source the tv special where the entire cast are live on stage performing the brilliant "who shot mr burns?" double episode? i remember it being on tv and i missed it.

He's getting punched by his brother, Herb POWell, voiced by Danny DeVito. I couldn't remember the name of the episode, so I cheated and looked it up. It's Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? To be honest, I don't know the vast majority of the episode titles, simply because they never show them in the beginning.

I'd like to see some gifs from when Homer was tripping off of the Guatemalan chili peppers, season 8 episode 9.

Dammit Not Frank! That was my guess! BTW, Johnny Cash does a guest voice in that episode you requested.

I can't remember the episode or season, so I won't carry heavy expectations, but it'd be great if you got the Bumblebee Man when his house falls down on him and that Chihuahua is left barking on the rubble.

It's been done!

tumblr_mgh7wp5pvh1rl52wjo1_250.gif

tumblr_mmk1farUYf1qkjnoto1_500.gif

GJw5e.gif

I could prbly make the last one better though. These were all found thru a quick Google search. I'm sure there's better.

which seasons did conan work on and what did he do?

He began at the very end of the third season and left halfway through season five. Aside from re-writing a lot of scripts and entertaining the writer's room my putting Coke in his mouth and shaking his body to make it look like he's having a seizure, he wrote a few episodes like Marge vs the Monorail and Homer Goes to College. He also pitched the idea of Marge working at the power plant but left before writing it. Oh, and the 'wrap-arounds' for a THOH.

simpsonswriters.png

can anyone source the tv special where the entire cast are live on stage performing the brilliant "who shot mr burns?" double episode? i remember it being on tv and i missed it.

I'd love to see this as well. I have some cool old school behind-the-scenes vids you might like, too.

I don't think this is it. But on somewhat random note, L2R you might enjoy:

Dammit Not Frank! That was my guess! BTW, Johnny Cash does a guest voice in that episode you requested.

I can't remember the episode or season, so I won't carry heavy expectations, but it'd be great if you got the Bumblebee Man when his house falls down on him and that Chihuahua is left barking on the rubble.

Yeah, it's from 22 Short Films About Springfield. I'll do it!

Last edited:
For some reason these two quotes came to mind for GIFs:
Homer: Oh! Look at me! I’m making people happy! I’m the magical man from Happy Land, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!...... Oh, by the way, I was being sarcastic.
-Homer Simpson, “Flaming Moe’s”

No, Lisa, the only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother. I call him “Gamblor,” and it’s time to snatch your mother from his neon claws!
-Homer Simpson, “$pringfield”
http://jpetrie.myweb.uga.edu/Simpsons.html

... then I remembered, no I just really like those clips, and the audio is key to their working as jokes, so they'd not make good GIFs (I had also been recently reading about 6 second movie trailers formated for Vine.co ["tweasers"], which are like GIFs with audio, for which the above quotes would work just splendidly ... just sayin'). But how 'bout this one:

See you in Hell, CANDY BOY!

specifically 0:17 to the end.

How about Homer's mental image while trying to "think unsexy thoughts!"
I believe it was Barney Gumble in a bikini, swaying around and humming a tune, then belching.
It was in the episode where Homer goes to a conference with a coworker he has a crush on.
"We don't have to have sex, Homer." "We don't?!?"
"Oh, Margie. You came and you brought me a tuurkey. On my vacation away-a from worky."