• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The official NCAA 2005-2006 Basketball thread

FUCK!!! As soon as I praise the Big 10, IOWA lays a god damn EGG! Fuckin Iowa!

Omg, were the Huskies sweatin' it last night or what? Down 10 midway through the 2nd half?

Man, the place where I was watching it was ready to go nuts if Albany had pulled off the upset...we had a perfect storm of Dookies and Tarheels in there, both of whom stood to benefit immensely by UConn losing.

We got pretty worked up and into it as it was. There was one small table of Huskies fans there and man, we gang-assraped them unmercifully for most of the game. They were gettin' hit so bad from all sides that even when UConn pulled back into the lead, they still didn't fire back strongly...lol. I think they were just relieved to have survived.

The most shocking thing was that the Dookies and Tarholes, lifelong sworn enemies to the death, were actually on the same side of the fence for once. We didn't even take any shots at one another. I couldn't believe it...it was like a brief truce had been declared.

Hell, I didn't even take any shots at the Tarholes afterwards during their game against Murray St. when things looked tense. That's sayin' somethin' there, cuz I guarantee you if a civil war ever broke out in America, there would be some Tarheels and Dookies who were happy just because it gave them a legitimate excuse to shoot each other.

We got pretty worked up and into it as it was. There was one small table of Huskies fans there and man, we gang-assraped them unmercifully for most of the game. They were gettin' hit so bad from all sides that even when UConn pulled back into the lead, they still didn't fire back strongly...lol. I think they were just relieved to have survived.

That game was unbelievable. I was in a room with 10 people who had UCONN beating the spread (22 I think)... it was intense. After seeing that performance, I have my doubts about the Huskies going much further.

LapDawg said:
If OSU can shoot the lights out, they'll be hard to beat. The thing is, OSU relies so heavily on the 3 pt. shot that things can go south real fast against a tough defensive team, and their performances in the Big 10 Tourney showed they are prone to bad nights just like anyone else.

There's also an issue of having a difficult bracket to go through, and OSU does not have an easy road.

this is what I have been arguing lately about OSU's chances of a Final Four appearance... they rely far too much on making three point shots that they could be prone to lose to almost... anyone. lately, their 3 point shooting has been horrific, but thanks to the in-paint presence of Dials and his rebounding, we have pulled off some victories.

yes, OSU's bracket is tough. tomorrow morning they play a very solid Georgetown team.

I agree with you on UCLA. they are looking damn good this year.

Conference Sweet 16 count!

Big East: 4
Pac-10:2
ACC:2
SEC:2
MVC:2
Big 12:1
CAA:1
WCC:1
CUSA:1

Damn...if only UofA could've pulled off the upset. ;)

Bye bye Big 10....nice knowin' ya. See ya next year. :D

AxL BLaZe said:
I agree with you on UCLA. they are looking damn good this year.
:D

That last game was a real nail-biter ... they play Gonzaga this Thursday in Oakland. Too bad I'm too broke to get tix!

^^^I'm torn...I have an available ticket to go. I think I just might do it. :)

What the fuck? How'd you swing that? You'd better go, this year's squad has rekindled my interest in UCLA athletics. I wanna see the Bruins punish Gonzaga because I just can't stand Adam Morrison's fucking pedophile mustache.

^ hahaha. it's good to hear someone else just not like Adam Morrison. something about him and the way he plays the game or something.

Oh Waco...it's always good to know people who have proper access to big game tickets. ;)

So yeah, I'm doing it. DIE MORRISON DIE!

Fruitfly...you can be there in spirit with me...now let's 8-clap! :D

I'll taunt Zags fans if it'll make you feel better fruitfly. ;)

...LLLLLLLLLLL-A!(clap clap clap) U-C-L-A FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Lucky Jeff. UCLA's not exactly inspiring confidence with these wins, but oh well. A win's a win.

Also, I finally figured out what it is about Adam Morrison that I don't like. He looks like this guy:

Nick_Burns.jpg

Did you see him cry like a baby? BWAHAHAHAHA ... must've been time for an insulin shot.

Seriously, that victory was awesome after being stressing out over being down by 17 points! Was it me or were there some very bad calls made? Doesn't matter, though -- it's on for Saturday! :D

Hooooly Shit

What an incredible game to be at... after 38+ minutes of disappointment, frustration and sorrow, it turned out that only 10 seconds were needed to cure all the pains of what looked to be a bad Bruin loss. For the whole game it felt as though most of the crowd was cheering on Morrison and the Zags, but it didn't matter when Luc Richard made a great leaping catch and banked in the winning score as our Bruin section just went ballistic, and what seemed like a big chunk of the neutral crowd there as well. Speaking of Mbah a Moute...damn is he the fucking man or what? The true freshman makes the field goal that puts UCLA into the lead for the first time all night, and THEN goes and strips Raivio of the ball and essentially helped clinch the victory for the Bruins by doing so. As the hottest UCLA bball t-shirt around says, Moute kicks Boute!

I feel like I lost my voice at least 3 times last night. It's safe to say it was well worth the trip up to see that firsthand...though it's a shame most of us at the arena didn't see the WVU/Texas finish...crazy stuff!

Now it's time for revenge against Memphis...can't wait to go back on Saturday!

We are the Mighty Bruins
The best team in the west...
:D

Sorry GBug...seems like Coach K is starting to catch Steve Lavinitis with all these Sweet 16 exits heh. As usual, however, your boys will be back to contend next year with a good young nucleus that learned a lot about themselves this tourney and should be much improved because of it.

Last edited:
fruitfly said:
Was it me or were there some very bad calls made?
The one that really got to me was the ref calling the the foul on the floor instead of granting continuation for Darren Collison as he made a big layup while being hacked. After he missed the one-and-one I thought that might be the final blow...boy was I wrong woohoo!!!

As for Morrison... I really disliked his bitchy style of play during the game. He made some real tough shots and should be able to translate that part of his game pretty well in the NBA, but his average defense and seemingly always flailing body annoyed me to no end, not to mention his whining to the refs for every foul called on him. Initially when I saw him lying on the court, my cousin and I just pointed and laughed...but after watching Sportscenter highlights, I did feel a little bad for the guy...he is an amazing competitor. Good to see Afflalo go over to him and try to pick him up and tell him he has no reason to hang his head so low.

It is sort of funny though how both him and Redick displayed their distraught, crybaby facial expressions on the same night...who knew that would be the final connecting image of the national media's darling duo?

^ I didn't see Afflalo go over and talk to him ... I must have been too busy celebrating. =D

Collision was def in mid-shot imo when that foul was called. And what was up with that bullshit charging call? Again, though, it's all good. Now Memphis must die!