• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The official NCAA 2005-2006 Basketball thread

Did anyone else see the fury that was Ohio State last night in the stomping of Mich? 8o

I've never so many 3's hit in a row. If they can play like that in the NCAA tourny, then they will be a very scary team.

Je'kel Foster is DA MAN!!!

Oh you can't call that game a stomping. I was there, and it was tied with 6 minutes left when we lost our best scorer on the court. You only ran away with it after we lost one of our best scorers in Dion Harris.

But the 7 three points in a row was impressive, that I will give you. What I thought was more impressive was the fact that Michigan managed to keep it tied through the entire second half without much 3-point shooting at all. Ridiculously high point total.

did anyone see the uconn/nova game? games like that are definately worth the few hours out of my life

i would make a prediction, but consider...

-texas winning the rose bowl
-only 3 undefeated ncaa basketbal teams lost in the same day
-indy didnt make the superbowl

i wouldnt be surprised if a creeper like florida or tennesee takes it.

this week: (11)west virginia vs. (1)uconn. obviously uconn should win, but see my previous observation in this reply

Yeah uconn-nova was a classic.

I think Pittsnogle and co are gonna take to Uconn and beat them. No particular reason, I haven't reviewed the game at all, but it's the fucking "Eers baby!

Looking back at my surprises and disapoinments at the beginning of the thread, all I gotta say is damn!!!

Indiana has really fallen off the deep end, haven't they?

Yeah uconn-nova was a classic.

Definitely was, heartbreak though. I go to UCONN, so I was throwing beer cans at the fucking TV. The Huskies will go all the way this year. With Rudy Gay, Hilton Armstrong and Josh Boone it's a guarantee.

BTW, fuck Duke.

uconn could go all the way, but I think pretty much whoever Reddick plays for is gonna win. That guy could take over at Savannah State and they'd win it all.

Gurantee, huh?

Do you wanna bet me on that?

I was scared to post in this thread until Syracuse started turning it around this weekend. Damn, I was depressed after NFL was over and Syracuse was still in a downward spiral but a couple good wins and now I'm feeling a little better.

The Big East is TOUGH this year. The only conference of comparable quality (IMHO) is the ACC, but even then I'd give the edge to Big East. UConn and Nova are going to be incredibly dangerous this year in the tourney.

Seeing as how I am the poster like every other post in this thread, the Buckeyes are gonna get much love.

I just wanna say hell yeah to a big W last night against MSU, in East Lansing. I don't think I've seen Tom Izzo that pissed since he lost to Wright State back in 1999. It was funny.

Yup, the Big East is definitely the toughest conference as of late, especially since Indiana hasn't been representing the Big 10 lately.

Go Bucks and Go Mounties!

Man, I have to admit I am waaay on Villanova's bandwagon this season. They are playing some rugged ball despite missing their most dominant on court presence all year. True, they've had some close calls, but that is a squad that is going to turn some heads come tournament time.

m885 said:
The Huskies will go all the way this year.

Where, to the big house? To the pawn shop to hock hot laptops?

I hear the U CONS' specialty major on the hoops team is computer security. They learn which laptops are best to steal.

JerryBlunted said:
I was scared to post in this thread until Syracuse started turning it around this weekend. Damn, I was depressed after NFL was over and Syracuse was still in a downward spiral but a couple good wins and now I'm feeling a little better.

The Big East is TOUGH this year. The only conference of comparable quality (IMHO) is the ACC, but even then I'd give the edge to Big East. UConn and Nova are going to be incredibly dangerous this year in the tourney.

I think the Big East is playing at a whole different level than the ACC this year... They could get 8 maybe even 9 teams in??!!! That is upsurd, the ACC looks like it might only get 4 in. Although, there will be 2 deserving teams on the outside, FSU and Miami. If they get a 5th in, FSU plays @ Miami last game of the season, could be a play-in game for the big dance.

Ohio State just manhandled Michigan at our house.

great day to be a Buckeye =D

The Buckeyes D is looking like the kind you need to win a national championship. I loved it when I heard the student section singing "We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan."

I can't wait for March=D

glowbug said:
Where, to the big house? To the pawn shop to hock hot laptops?

I hear the U CONS' specialty major on the hoops team is computer security. They learn which laptops are best to steal.

LOL, I've heard about every joke about that now. Hearing "Where's my laptop" chanted at every away game is wearing thin.

Well you gotta admit it's pretty sad when Calhoun keeps 2 known felons and their accomplice on the squad period, let alone just suspending them.

I noticed he suspended the benchwarmer Price for the entire year but starter Williams only got suspended 12 games, despite Williams demanding more money for the laptops than the $75 the pawn shop offered...lol.

Sorry, but Duke wouldn't stand for that shit. Say all you want about Redick being found in a dorm suite where others were smoking pot a few years back...he wasn't caught redhanded in possession of the stuff, and let's face it, even if he had been, getting high ain't in the same league as stealing. It ain't even the same fucking sport.

I noticed he suspended the benchwarmer Price for the entire year but starter Williams only got suspended 12 games, despite Williams demanding more money for the laptops than the $75 the pawn shop offered...lol.

You're absolutely right, Calhoun's decision was ridiculous. Just a note on the Williams suspension. He was suspended for 12 games, but there's a reason for it. Right after those 12, UCONN started playing Big East opponents- before that all of the games were against small, non-competitive teams and were pretty much all blowouts.

only girls play basket ball in england so i dont know much about it. anyho i want the harlem clobe trotters to win.