• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The Official Bluelight Smoking Cessation Thread v. Let's quit the cancer

Sunflower seeds work really well. E-Cigs and snus are also helpful to "taper" as well.

I missed them mostly after a meal & first thing in the morning, never craved one in a pub full of S.H. smoke...
It worked well (always used the excuse that I didnt want to smoke in someone else's domain.)
- when at a friends house.

Last edited:
My advice to anyone who cannot quit: Buy 100% leaf tobacco & a roller...

I don't think I will ever be able to stop smoking. I love it too much...
Good luck to you though, sounds like you are doing a good job!!

e cigs are actually really helpful for me and they are only like 8 dollars for cheap ones at this point so if you are almost finally done with cigs it would be a good idea to check them out

I need to stop. I have many excuses why I won't.
Today I'm am going to cut back. It's a dirty filthy habit.

has anyone had any experience and expand with their time on e-cigs? i'm typically after a non-nicotine one and i'm seriously considering buying one in the very near future if i don't purchase a hookah first and foremost.

i can't afford (money and health wise) to continue smoking rollies.

I've SOMEHOW managed to abstain from cancer this whole time still.

I'm thinking I should get an eCig for the inevitable relapse. However, I still haven't found one that works well with hash oil in addition to plain old nicotine.

eh, i couldn't care less if they can convert to smoke hash. i want one to replace the act of smoking whilei find something better with my hands when i've got spare time;)

The reason that criteria is important to me is that the only way I've ever managed to quit for any length of time was by using CRT (Cannabinoid Replacement Therapy) first with joints which mimics the act of lighting up, and also with high potency extracts such as keif, wax, hash, oils, etc.

I've tried quitting numerous times to no avail. Tried nicotine gum, patches, e-cigs, cold turkey... I've never been able to quit even though I do feel much better and much healthier when I don't smoke - you breathe better, you smell better, you're richer and all...
I can't seem to find a suitable replacement. Smoking has poisoned my daily routine.
My main motivation for quitting is money. But every time I manage to quit, I keep spending the money I saved on cigarettes on other useless stuff. I'm totally unable to set that money aside for a big reward at the end of the year.
It's pretty depressing.

Last edited:
I never got enough benefits from any gum, patch, spray, vaporizer, etc.

The only way I've ever managed to quit nicotine for an extended period of time was by replacing cigarettes with cannabis.

Everytime I want a cigarette, first I would roll joints because the process is still very much like rolling/smoking a cigarette in a psychological sense, and then using high potency extracts like hashes, keifs, and oils to zap any urges that remained after smoking the joint.

this. in fact, every time i smoke weed, i am appalled by smoking ciggs even without trying to stop ciggs.

using drugs/smoking ciggs is merely a choice, you choose to pick up or you choose to pick up. it is DEFINITELY more complicated than just a choice, but if you boil it down, it's really a choice.

it's hard to stop a habit, especially if you get sick/agitated/insomnia/ect.. when you quit, but if the desire is strong enough, anything is possible...

Last edited:
I like the e cig because I can smoke (lol, just realized I typed that without even thinking) it inside no problems. Im only using a shitty 7 dollar njoy brand right now but I'm considering getting a nicer, rechargeable one in the near future. Once I get my Volcano I dont know if I'll smoke very much anymore. I'm totally buying into vaporizers, they are the future. If you could get a weed e-cig-like device, it would be the most amazing weed innovation since... dispensaries I guess.

Still no cancer indulgence, go TC!

Yeah Cannabinoid Replacement Therapy is highly effective for me in terms of nicotine cessation.

Yeah Cannabinoid Replacement Therapy is highly effective for me in terms of nicotine cessation.[/QUOTE

I dont plan on quitting, but I want an e cig with menthol cartridges so i can quit smoking 3 packs of marlboro smooth per day.

i was recommended these by a friend.

another friend and i had a look at them last night and decided we're going to get one each. i can't wait to strut around government buildings, chuffed as, with one of these hanging from my lip.

Last edited:
wow man 60 MB smooths? yuck!

Yeah menthol cartridge would be pretty dope %)

menthol is what i'll e getting as we;;L) i used to smoke them and while doped up they're fantastic. i'll start out on the lowest strength.

Yeah Cannabinoid Replacement Therapy is highly effective for me in terms of nicotine cessation.

LOL, that's awesome!

Cannabis doesn't agree with me unfortunately :(

I have found my smoking has skyrocketed since quitting illicit drugs, and now with my methadone taper and vastly decreased methadone intake I am smoking even more (ok way more). I guess it's like replacing one addiction for another. It's tough, I don't even want to quit smoking. I found e-cigs very helpful at first, but I have a sensitivity to them (maybe the PG, maybe the nicotine, maybe both) and found they made my mouth extremely dry and sore (note to others, this is unusual), so have now given them up and am back to smoking excessively. I guess it's like any other addiction in that I have to actually want to quit and I have to be ready.

Hey, you think I wanted to quit smoking? The only reason I'm stopping is to lower my risk of cancer/stroke/heart attack etc because I want to live past my kids 18th birthday, if and when I decide to try and have a kid again.