• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college b-ball thread vers. BASKETYHOOPS

never heard that one before...

last 3~ times gophers made the tourney they were bounced in the first round

that shit fucking hurts, losing in the NIT feels fine, season over, looking forward to next year

yeah man that sucks CS - I was watching that Mid Tenn VS Tenn game and it looked like Middle Tennessee was going to pull away. and then I watched, on the Big Ten Network, that 2007 game of the Buckeyes VS the Vols, when the Vols had Chism and the Bucks had Greg Oden and Mike Conley. it was an epic game for the Bucks, because Tennessee had like a 25 point lead at halftime, but then miraculously the Bucks game back and won the end of that game (the Bucks would meet Florida in the Championship Game that year)

so I was watching a lot of Tennessee b-ball. thought of you once or twice CS ;) you've got a great state for basketyhoops, I'm sure it just takes a couple years to go on after life without Bruce Pearl

i remember that game very well. i also remember all the crying at the end of it.

yes, we are rebuilding, but i have a ton of confidence in cuanzo as a coach.

i'm fucking pumped for the sweet 16. the kentucky/IU rematch will be epic.

big night for me tonight, Kansas and Baylor are my two finalists so im chompin at the bit for the games to start. KU dont start til 10:15 Eastern Time thats a killer though when you got work at 7am the next morning. Oh well

unibrow?

kentucky-basketball-player-anthony-davis-shooting-a-free-throw.jpg

he's been playing really well. Kentucky may be playing the best basketball of all the teams left. I would love to see a Louisville VS KY Final Four, and then a tOSU VS KY National Championship. it would be really swell to see Sullinger VS Davis in the paint. I do think Kentucky might be the better team, but you never know for March Madness

Big Blue Nation's heart skipped a beat when AD went down there in the 2nd half but not to worry. Phew!

Tell you what though, Baylor's Acy is good. If the rest of the team would have kept playing like him in the 1st half, it might have been a closer game.

That UNC-KU game was classic until the last couple minutes.

As for the Final Four, I got half of it right (UK & KU).

Yeah I was real dissapointed with Baylor, the only one who showed up was Acy. If Kentucky plays how they did against Baylor I dont know if anyone will be able to beat them. Seemed like every time they took a shot it went in and the D didnt let anyone get to the rim. Kansas looked good as well

I'm happy with my Buckeyes. they have been up and down this year, but really stepped up and matured as a team to reach their first Final Four since 2007. I think tOSU is the only team here that can beat Kentucky. I will tell ya why - they have a rabid defender in PG Aaron Craft - he is literally the most difficult player to shake at the helm of the court. add on Jared Sullinger, who plays the paint like a pro and defends like one too. at a couple points I remember teams like Cinci or Syracuse trying to feed the ball into their center, only for him to have Sullinger behind him guarding the basket, and only to have Aaron Craft in front of his face while his back is to the hoop, swatting the ball away and buzzing in the guy's face like an African bumble bee!!

add to the fact that either William Buford or Lenzelle Smith have been hot shooting (either one of them has stepped up, most notably Lenzelle in the last couple games) =, and this is a team with as much defensive length + intensity, as well as offensive fire-power, to give Kentucky and their cheating Coach Calipari a run for their money

if OSU beats 'ville in the finals i'm pretty sure i'm going to win some decent cash, got 3/4 of the final four correct

gophers vs washington in the NIT semis tonight, i'm excited, whatever

yeah if Kansas wins im getting about 220 bills. 23 people and i kick 10 to the guy who runs it because im a nice guy

I'm happy with my Buckeyes. they have been up and down this year, but really stepped up and matured as a team to reach their first Final Four since 2007. I think tOSU is the only team here that can beat Kentucky. I will tell ya why - they have a rabid defender in PG Aaron Craft - he is literally the most difficult player to shake at the helm of the court. add on Jared Sullinger, who plays the paint like a pro and defends like one too. at a couple points I remember teams like Cinci or Syracuse trying to feed the ball into their center, only for him to have Sullinger behind him guarding the basket, and only to have Aaron Craft in front of his face while his back is to the hoop, swatting the ball away and buzzing in the guy's face like an African bumble bee!!

add to the fact that either William Buford or Lenzelle Smith have been hot shooting (either one of them has stepped up, most notably Lenzelle in the last couple games) =, and this is a team with as much defensive length + intensity, as well as offensive fire-power, to give Kentucky and their cheating Coach Calipari a run for their money

OSU is playing well. Was very happy to see them put away 'Cuse.

I dont want to get into any in depth point/counterpoint with you because neither of our teams have made it to the final game yet. Have to get around the in-state rival first, ya know. But I will say this....UK plays ABOVE the rim with 3 players and Wiltjer (6''9") off the bench can shoot over anyone. First, they have to get past that scrappy L-ville squad and I have a feeling its going to be a great semifinal.

I had Kentucky vs Syracuse in the championship game, damn your buckeyes axl. If that had been the case I could have won some cash, but now it seems as if im done. :(

what's up with frank martin to the game cocks?

i would have never thought he would let his players down like that, and the job sucks

the huge amount of respect i had for him has been reduced

I had Kentucky vs Syracuse in the championship game, damn your buckeyes axl. If that had been the case I could have won some cash, but now it seems as if im done. :(

not trying to sound like a dick here, but I don't think Syracuse was good pick for the championship game. they are still tough, mostly because they are still a great fundamentally sound ship under Coach Boy-heim, but they were going to be upset... also their very solid center, Fab Melo, was out with an injury. he's a big Brazilian who although doesn't score tons, but was always in the paint for rebounds and decent enough defense. Sewercuse looked very vulnerable, add to it the fact that their coach was a bit frazzled due to his own pedophilia controversy (where charges have never been officially filed - wtf societal laws?!)

gophers vs washington in the NIT semis tonight, i'm excited, whatever

damn dude, Gophers won and I was thinking you should be pretty happy tonight. it appears as if you were right this whole time, Minnesota does have a decent squad put together. losing their star big man really hurt them, as well as having to fight for the lion's share in the Big Ten baskety hoops jungle. I think Minnesota beats Stanford, just on the principle that Minnesota has played far many more scary teams than the Cardinals over there in that dismal Pac-12. watch out for Minnesota next year?

OSU is playing well. Was very happy to see them put away 'Cuse...
I dont want to get into any in depth point/counterpoint with you because neither of our teams have made it to the final game yet. Have to get around the in-state rival first, ya know. But I will say this....UK plays ABOVE the rim with 3 players and Wiltjer (6''9") off the bench can shoot over anyone. First, they have to get past that scrappy L-ville squad and I have a feeling its going to be a great semifinal.

Louisville has achieved wonders in March, and without many a stand-out, star player. well there are a couple of noteworthy guys, but just compare their squad to the NBA-future-stars-laden squads of Kentucky, Ohio State, and to a lesser extent Kansas even... Louisville just can't compete with that. however, they have a great coach in Rick Pitino. but shit, I hadn't really realized how old that guy is getting, have ya'll?

Kentucky VS Louisville is getting the ESPN hype treatment, as it should, because that's a good rivalry and it does wonder for it by having the two ball it out in the Final Four. obviously, Kentucky should win but there's always a chance for Louisville. however, I don't think Louisville's b-ball style computes to a victory for them. think about it, Louisville plays as a tight pressure, full court press/transition team. I don't think that style bodes well against an extremely athletic and tall Kentucky team. Louisville needs to do what Indiana and Vandy did to best the Cats... have a lights out night via swishing nothing but net

I don't want to type too much about this, but a Kentucky VS tOSU Championship Game would be epic. the basketball nerd in my would love to see Anthony Davis/Jared Sullinger in the paint. Sully has NBA-style moves while posting up, yet AD makes a case to being the most prolific shot blocker in NCAA history... all in all, this truly looks like Kentucky's tournament to win...