• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college b-ball thread vers. BASKETYHOOPS

axl blaze

Bluelighter
college basketyhoops have officially gone underway, and there is a lot of excitement here in Columbus, Ohio about our Buckeyes. it looks like Jared Sullinger, an NBA-ready first-round pick and sophomore this year, looked like the smartest player to stay out of the NBA Draft... because... well... chances are there will be no NBA season

Duke's Coach K eclipsed the most-victory by a NCAA coach stat (formerly held by his mentor and Indiana's Coach Bob Knight) with his victory over Michigan State tonight

and Ohio State beat the Florida Gators two years in a row! think this will warrant an appearance from BL's prodigal son, theLoveBandit? I'm sure he hated losing to the Buckeyes tonight

I couldn't watch most of the Ohio State VS Florida game, because I was too busy at work to really soak in the television behind me, but it looked like the Buckeyes weathered an early Florida storm and beat the Gators with some help from turnovers and free throws!

sweet! no better way to start off this season then to get some more revenge from those dastardly Florida Gator-boys

Last edited:
yea, you guys looked good last night axl. i flipped back and fourth to it.

i have to say, i'm not big on nostalgia, but this was pretty cool.

AIRCRAFTdress-articleLarge.jpg

GO VOLS!

yeah. any time you have UNC VS Kentucky, it doesn't matter where they are playing - it's going to be tight

how is Tennessee going to shape up? good as usual? or will losing their head coach hurt them for another year?

yeah. any time you have UNC VS Kentucky, it doesn't matter where they are playing - it's going to be tight

how is Tennessee going to shape up? good as usual? or will losing their head coach hurt them for another year?

that was michigan state/unc and they played it on an aircraft carrier on friday night.

tennessee is yet to be determined. we're young as shit and nobody is really saying much about us. we did beat the dog crap out of UNC Greensboro the other night. we have Duke on monday in the Maui invitational, so we'll know more then.

trever mbakwe gonna lead the big ten in boards again

and beat the shit out of jj sullinger

rodney williams(even though he kinda sucks) gonna throw down some more nba jamz all over big ten faces, again

this is your last chance tubby

Tuberville and his Minnesota Goldenshower Gophers stand no chance against the #3 Ohio State Buckeyes

nobody is going to beat JJ Sullinger down low, in the paint. on the college level, he might as well be a more smooth-offensively Dwight Howard

and he comes from such glorious background. I remember the days his older brother Jared Sullinger lit it up for Ohio State. it's commonplace to find the older Sullinger drinking at the dope bars + clubs on High St, waxing on how great it is to be a part of being a Buckeye

Sullingers = total hoops royalty

fucking lighty better have graduated already

he always tore it up vs the gophers

i always have high hopes with gopher basketball, mainly cause of tubby smith

i mean, he's got lionel hollins two kids and ralph sampson's son

Tubby Smith has been lagging as of late. he is supposed to be one of those NCAA elite coaches, he really needs to step it up this season imo. the Big Ten is a hard enough b-ball conference as it is with Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Purdue, and usually Indiana

I think it's time to start considering Thad Matta into that elite coaching level club. while he may be a better recruiter than coach at times, he brings in some MONSTER talent to tOSU, and has been consistently since his initial tenure. I just know that for him to be inducted into such a class, he needs to get another Final Four appearance - and QUICK!

thad motta reeks of corruption

grabbing all those one and done players and shit

he even looks evil

dude, let me tell you a little about powerhouse NCAA programs

those kids leave as soon as they here any money calling

welcome to the cure of the Buckeyes. you should count yourself lucky that all those Minney players "do the right thing" and put up with Tubs for two or more years

tOSU churns em out like an Amish person making ice cream

they pretty much give tickets away to see the bball team. nobody gives a shit. the coliseum sees way more use for the black fraternity's pajama party in one night than it sees in a whole season of sub par roundball.

To+Hell+With+Georgia.jpg

I'm damn excited for this basketball season. for once, it was good to take a break from footbaw and watch some baskety-hoops last night. and isn't that what sports and fandom come down to? escapism at it's finest?

I am proud that Thad Matta, coach of the Buckeyes b-ball team, has taken cues from Michigan State and Duke and has really beefed up his team's early, non-conference schedule

my team is impressively starting off with teams like #8 Florida, #6 Duke, #11 Kansas, and at South Carolina (a team that I think won't do too bad in the Ess Eee See this year)

the regular season, if your team is good enough to assuredly make it into March Madness, is all about testing yourself and getting as many games in with good competition that ya can. doing such will only pay off in the long run, when your team is in crunch-mode status on the road to Final Four

and Georgia fans should be disbarred and banned from even stepping foot in a basketball thread

amirite ChickenScratch, amirite?

meh - they had a pretty solid team last year and good attendance as well.

but pander wouldn't know that cuz he's a typical athens faggot with a one track football mind.

guilty, I'm not ball-curious like you, but then, my football team has more than zero conference wins this year.