• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2008-09 NCAA football thread!

Smurf Turf? Heck yeah, and I'd take them ahead of some of the other BCS free ticket winners :\

My only issue with an UGA-OSU bowl game (unlikely now, way to go dawgs) is that if they DID play at this point, OSU could finally beat an SEC team :eek: I kinda like that current 0-9 record ;)

You think MIZZ would jump Big12 to Big10+1? I'd heard Texas was a likely candidate to leave that conference, but I'm not sure where they'd go (Pac10?....?). But I agree, while ND continues to be the most logical choice, they won't join anyone because they are still getting fat off their N(otreDame)BC television contracts and they 'ND Rule' in the BCS rules. And *that* is why I enjoy their continued suckage even more. To hell with NBC and their contract, let 'em eat the bad ratings everytime ND loses...and loses...and loses...Eventually, ND will run out of contracts and be forced to find a conference to join, but by then, who will have them? Perhaps the BigEasy (already in that conference for basketball) since that conference is desperate for a big name program in it's football portfolio.

Now, I'm not really going to talk shit about UF-ALA, mostly because of my cautious nature and a reluctance to eat crow should we get our asses handed to us. I prefer to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. That said, this is not shit stirring, but something I stumbled across that ya'll might appreciate.

NickSaban.jpg

Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D=D:D<3

I hate for it to happen this way, but if we played Texas again 7 or 8 times out of ten we would win. It is hard for a defense to keep it together during the toughest game when the MLB goes out for the season. Anyways, looking forward to a big 12 vs SEC championship. I think our defense has a bit to prove..will be interesting to see if big 12 offenses are THAT good, or if our defense really does suck. From what I have seen to offenses really are that good. May the best team win!

I am crossing my fingers (and toes) for a Boise St. Bowl birth. I'm also not sure why MIZZOU would ever want to leave the Big 12 North... the division has been LACKING for years. Kansas was a fluke last year, Colorado and Nebraska have not been competitive in years, and K-State and Iowa State are basically non-factors. They seem to have it pretty cozy with an almost guaranteed trip to the Big 12 title game every year (provided they continue to recruit like they have been).

LoveBandit, I will have you know that I am 100% behind UF this weekend because I believe that Nick Saban is not only one of the the biggest slimeballs in all of sports, but that he bears an amazing resemblance to Dr. Evil!

austin_powers_mike_myers_as_dr_evil.jpg

FU beats the Gumps. I'd love to see Fla vs Okla in the Orange. That would be very interesting.

Gator Hater

Quick question:

How did Penn State automatically get into the Rose Bowl yet USC had to win its game today to get in?

It's a serious question, I don't have a clue. I just heard them say it on ESPN so I was curious how that whole thing works.

Penn State had already won their conference, while USC still had one conference game left. If USC had lost to UCLA, there would have been a three way tie in the Pac-10. In case of a three way tie, Oregon State would have won the conference, therefore USC needed to win today to guarantee a BCS bid.

Thank you Mr. Tebow. The college football world owes you a debt of gratitude.

something awful ;) I'm just looking forward to seeing the Sooners play their first defense of the season.

I knew going in that we (bama) were going to probably lose. I'm just happy that we have done as well as we have considering the past several years. 12-1 isn't a bad record by any means.
Tebow is one of the best QB's I have ever seen. And has a team behind him that is badass.
They deserved to win. At least we were ahead by a few for a few. Lol
Roll Tide.

i've never been so disgusted with the bcs....not because of the title game, but rather the fact that cincy and va tech are in a bcs bowl. unfucking believable

I would love to see Ohio State stomp Texas (not like we haven't sacked the hell out of Colt McCoy before) and Oklahoma boomer sooner (whatever that means) the Gators - but given these teams' recent BCS strife... is it possible?

i've never been so disgusted with the bcs....not because of the title game, but rather the fact that cincy and va tech are in a bcs bowl. unfucking believable

ditto... its not like you didn't see it coming from a mile away, though.

is this supposed to be funny? because they beat you by double digits at a neutral site.

Funny that we led most of the game, even though our middle linebacker/defensive leader was injured in the third quarter allowing a Texas comeback. I like how you say double digits, acting as if 10 points is a huge win.

Anyways, that doesn't matter because it was a 3 way tie..a 3 way tie because Oklahoma smashed Tech, which people seem to forget beat Texas. It went to the 5th tiebreaker, and guess who the computers chose? Oklahoma...because of the stronger out of conference schedule. Maybe if Texas would schedule some harder teams OOC, they would be in the NC right now. You should stop drinking the kool-aid..the decision was not based on head to head because there was a 3 way tie. We played by the rules and won by the rules..I personally find the PR campaign by Texas way over the top, but I guess it is working 8). If anything Florida doesn't belong in the NC considering they lost to an unranked opponent at HOME.