The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

nothing
you forget I am a postwhore. I even hijack my own threads :p

Originally posted by Johny Boy
Name a few tunes you'd like to hear and I'll spend the next 4 months practicing. :\

Andy C & shimon - body rock
Bad Company - Torpedo
Capone - Twist 'Em Out
dillinja - Grimey
konflict - roadblock
Loxy & Dylan - The Temple Of Doom
MJ Cole - Sincere (Marcus Intalex and ST Files Remix)
Uncut - Midnight
Ray Keith - Chopper (Shy FX Remix)
Roni Size - Brown paper bag (Vocal mix)
Roni Size & Tali - lyric on my lip
shy fx - funkin dem up (dieselboy remix)
Technical Itch - Elevation
Shy FX & Apache - Original Nuttah
Technical Itch & Kemal - The Calling
Tiffany - I think we're alone now
Q-PROJECT - champion sound
ADF - witness (dj scud remix)
Ambush - Pressure
Andy C - Pacman (Ed Rush + Optical)
Kemal - Possession (Kemal & Rob Data Remix)

to name a few ;)

Last edited:
hiya,

I am studying in Norway this year, if there is anyone hanging out in Oslo we can go down together, if not... Does anyone mind if a poor Canadian kid come out to play???

Can you say ryanair!

I only have 2 requests for the end of the night.

Paul Glatzby - Fucking hostile
BK - revolution

thats all =D

My only request which hasnt been covered yet is

War Of The Fates,
its a dnb tune cant remember the label but will find out shortly:)

Originally posted by Medi57

Andy C & shimon - body rock
Bad Company - Torpedo
Capone - Twist 'Em Out
dillinja - Grimey
konflict - roadblock
Loxy & Dylan - The Temple Of Doom
MJ Cole - Sincere (Marcus Intalex and ST Files Remix)
Uncut - Midnight
Ray Keith - Chopper (Shy FX Remix)
Roni Size - Brown paper bag (Vocal mix)
Roni Size & Tali - lyric on my lip
shy fx - funkin dem up (dieselboy remix)
Technical Itch - Elevation
Shy FX & Apache - Original Nuttah
Technical Itch & Kemal - The Calling
Tiffany - I think we're alone now
Q-PROJECT - champion sound
ADF - witness (dj scud remix)
Ambush - Pressure
Andy C - Pacman (Ed Rush + Optical)
Kemal - Possession (Kemal & Rob Data Remix)

to name a few ;)

That is a DAMN fine list of songs... good to see bad company in there.

Here are a few more songs to play

Johnny Rebel - Alabama n igger
Scatman - Scatmans world
Justin Timberlake - Where is the love
Sonic 2 - Emerald Hill zone

Strange: everyone is welcome!

Good news - thanks to my mad networking skills we now have Technics decks and the owner, a local dj, will play an early funky set and we can all sit back and watch Medi shake his thang to it;).

On behalf of RR I request Punk;). For me: Doom's Night. And a big plate of gorgonzola.

Originally posted by hijinx
And a big plate of gorgonzola.

surely parmesan is a better chioce for aussies ;)

I have some banging remixes of Dooms Night! Medi's set list looks sweet as well -- I had no idea there was a MIST remix of 'Sincere' by MJ Cole... I want that track *lol*

But I'm confused -- the thread seems to be losing cohesiveness -- is this going on or are there still venue issues. I will happily be a London Liason person if need be, if the venues in Brum are starting to clam up. I've been mad busy lately so I didn't offer sooner, but things look like they're smoothing out now, so I've got the time to put in...

big up

hyperS

Just asked to get some time off on friday the 24th.

My boss didn't give me a direct answer. I may need to lie about my intentions. Any suggestions?

If he wont give you the day off then try an excuse i've used before. dont mention it again so he forgets... then when the day comes, just ring in and say that you got burgled last night and need to wait at home, cos your house isn't secure, for the locksmith to come round and change the locks.

To clear everything up: we have the venue, we have the eq, we have the date (friday the 24th), we even have security, so get yourself there!

My fault for giving all the info in various threads scattered through various forums.

Another reminder here for peopel to send me their emails addresses to a1lenon @ yahoo.com so I can compile a mailing list to keep everyone informed more directly and so I can send you venue info. so far I have about 15 names and I have sent and email a week ago, so if you didn't get it you might not be on the list!

A little bit of travel info: the venue is within walking distance of New street station and digbeth Coach station and the middle of the city, so if you want to book tickets early go ahead:). The venue (as it is a pub) is open from 12am for those who are really keen;) but you MUST arrive before 11pm as the doors will close! I'm hoping people will rock up around 7 - 9pm. anyone wanting to come early and lend a hand putting things up, or if you have a car, helping to ferry shit between my house and the venue (a ten minute drive) that would be fantastic.
We have lots of exciting things planned but if anyone has any ideas or things they've seen work well at other events, or cool ligts and whatnot email me! also, if you have any spare sets of fairy lights lying around at home that you wouldn't mind bringing along that too would help brighten up the fire escape.... I think that's all for the moment:).

It's on and it's called 'Where's My Jumper?'... and it's approximately 60 sleeps to go!

ps: i like my cheese on the dancefloor, not up my nose, thank you Medi;). there's only one aussie crazy enough to snort cheese.. and amazingly enough it's not RobertRollie!

hijinx said:
ps: i like my cheese on the dancefloor, not up my nose, thank you Medi;). there's only one aussie crazy enough to snort cheese.. and amazingly enough it's not RobertRollie!

yeah coz he failed the ruski challenge ;)