Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The OFFICAL Anime Appreciation Megathread! vers Moshi Moshi

Just finished reading through whole thread. So I'm just gonna quickly list my favorites, I'll add descriptions later. Please give suggestions that you think are my taste.

-everything studio ghibli
-code geass
-monster
-death note
-deadman wonderland
-attack on Titan
-mushishi
-samurai Champloo
-bebop
-hunter x hunter
-trigun
-read or die

and more....

I'm watching guilty crown right now and it's pretty cool I'll have to see how it turns out. Also enjoying
aoi bungaku, it's based on some classical japanese novels.

^

this list should keep you busy for a while...

Blood+ - story about an amnesiac girl adopted by a nice family, turns out she's a monster destined to fight monsters like her to protect humanity, family gets dragged into the epic struggle, a nice 50-ep epic with a legit soundtrack by Mark Mancina
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control - I'm throwing this in because nobody ever talks about it but it's an awesome series with an amazing premise. A college-aged kid makes a Faustian bargain with an entity known as Midas who promises riches to those that compete and win in an alternate reality known as the Financial District. The catch is that Midas demands your future as collateral, and if your balance reaches zero, your future disappears as the preconditions are suddenly erased from reality. And that's just where the rabbit hole begins.
Shiki - horror series about vampires who take over a sleepy village in the Japanese countryside, has great atmosphere and nice tension
Durarara!! - focuses on a headless Dullahan looking for her head while doing shady jobs to get by in Tokyo where she crosses paths with some other interesting characters, each with stories of their own.
Gungrave - Noir-like gangster epic where most of the characters literally become monsters. Not really sure why it reminds me of Trigun, but it is what it is
Full Metal Alchemist - story about two brothers who try to resurrect their dead mother through alchemy, sets them on a path of discovery that lasts 50 eps. The original story has a bleak ending that ties into a feature film where the brothers live on in parallel-universe Nazi Germany. But wait, there's more. The original series was remade under the title of Brotherhood. It diverges early on and becomes a whole new story invoking new characters and events. I would recommend seeing the original first and if you enjoy it, watch the first film (the remake also gets a sequel film but it's not worth mentioning), and then watch Brotherhood. 100+ eps in total

FYI, Guilty Crown does not redeem itself at the end.

Aw wonderful thank you very much! I'm gonna trade guilty crown for c! I was reading about that and was trying to decide which to watch first now Ik I chose wrong. Mmmm I love FMA forgot to mention that but I do still need to check out brotherhood. Definitely will watch all these.

cool, good stuff :) yeh CG was a major disappointment, the premise had a lot of promise but the weak MC trainwrecked the whole plot so hard

Finally got around to watching the new season of mushishi. Really liking it; it keeps the same vibe as the 1st season.

Just finished Shin Sekai Yori
In present day a small percentage of the population develops psychokinetic powers leading to mass amounts of death and war throughout the world. The story starts 1000 years in the future in Kamisu 66 Japan.A group of students decide to go off on their own adventure during summer camp triggering a traggic chain of events. They begin to learn all the dark horrific history and secrets of the world, humanity, and their own community.

Saw "Patema Inverted"...it was good, cute in a near Miyazaki way. . .I still haven't yet seen "The Wind Rises", lol.

ebola

Okay...I finally know enough to know what I'm looking for in suggestions. I'm really into cyberpunk-ish settings, with strong philosophical (especially metaphysical/ontological) themes. I've really like "Evangelion", "Ergo Proxy", "Serial Experiments: Lain", and "Technotise"...and "Ghost in the Shell", but everyone likes that. :p

So. . .suggestions?

ebola

^ I haven't checked it out yet but have been meaning to start Texhnolyze soon which I heard great things about. I think you'd like that one.

PSYCHO-PASS is in its second season as we speak, it's more of a dystopian series than cyberpunk but it gets in your head a bit.

Mardock Scramble – an OVA trilogy. pretty Gibsonesque, visually. There's not that much meat to it but it shore is pretty.

Armitage III – obviously inspired by Blade Runner with a main character voiced by Kiefer Sutherland in the dubbed copy (lol).

Gantz - the series is just a segue to the manga, which is... nuts

On the third episode of hellsing ultimate this is fucking awesome. I saw adult swim is playing the dubs so I went and download the sub.

Vampires, Nazis, Zombies, Crude humor, Over the top blood everywhere violence. A+ ^.^

Been reading the 07 ghost manga might start the anime soon hope it's as good as the manga

(This thread should always be on the front page)

Wow...Psycho Pass is amazing. Thanks, m9!
Now, while some of the literary references are a bit clunky in a way that might seem pretentious, they're also well integrated with critical elements of the plot (and yeah, it even veers into social theory).

ebola

nice :) yeah whenever western ideas are invoked in anime they're not often handled with grace. series that lean more on buddhist and shinto themes tend to skip all the exposition since the japanese audience would be innately familiar with that stuff anyway, but the caveat there is those series are more focused on magic rather than technology.

tbh i don't think the cyberpunk genre is where you'll find what you're really looking for. the best series when it comes to thought-provoking plots have ime been in the supernatural thriller and alternate history veins. i'd recommend checking out Kara no Kyoukai next, it's a supernatural mystery series that reflects an interesting take on transhumanism.

im up to ep 30 of hunter x hunter, its like crack. i haven't left my room for a day and a half.

so happy to have found another anime which can bring me the kind of joy naruto once did.

Last edited:
I tell you the truth it does't really grab me but if I had a dream L2R about tentacle penises and Vampiric vagina's I'd freak the fuck out.

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise Is a classic underrated anime. Doesn't look or feel like it was made in the 80's

Watch everything by Satoshi Kon both movies and tv shows.

Which type of fanservice would you prefer? (anime)

A show with a high frequency of mild fanservice, or a show with only occasional fanservice that's borderline hentai.