Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The OFFICAL Anime Appreciation Megathread! vers Moshi Moshi

I do regret never getting into any manga. But maybe it's a good thing because I'm always hearing that most anime adaptations are trash in comparison lol I feel like I'd ruin all my favorites if I started reading the original material.
That's true, but anime will remain watchable regardless.

I'm pretty sure those first two are from Akira, the last one also?

I never saw the appeal of Japanese cyberpunk from the 80s, they were always trying to push fantasy and sci-fi together but they just don't go well together. It's like mixing chocolate and vanilla, good flavours on their own but weird together.

The original Evangelion was OK, the new films are pretty good too but it takes the story in a new direction so hard to say before the final film is released. Shinji isn't such a whiny pussy in the films, fortunately. That left a bad taste in my mouth from the original. On the other hand, the story somehow makes even less sense now than the original story did.

I'm still waiting on Berserk to continue, it was announced for this year but I guess it's not happening :(

Gantz was the only manga I read without being primed for it first by a series, it was pretty good but in general yeah manga is hard to get into. I think it's because the market is more competitive. Good or bad an anime gets enough runtime to make some mistakes and still redeem itself. With manga it feels like every chapter has to deliver some kind of action, so arcs get dragged out like crazy then when it gets an anime adaptation they manage to condense a hundred chapters into 12 eps and still keep most of the story intact.

I ended up getting into the Initial D manga because it was taking so long to wrap up the anime series, I actually kind of hated the anime version because of the craptacular CGI and annoying music but in 1999 JDM was life and we had to get that fix! It's crazy what that shitty series did for the value of the AE86, Toyota is still cashing in on the hype with the new 86. I still got some mad tyte JDM parts stashed, but the crew grew up and got boring so now the local scene is mostly just people that went pro.

Full Metal Panic is another one that took fucking forever, I was in high-school when that shit started and it took until last year to continue the story ... wasn't worth the wait, either.

Well this turned into a weird trip down memory lane, suddenly I have a craving for air hockey and stuffed-crust pizza

I'm pretty sure those first two are from Akira, the last one also?

I never saw the appeal of Japanese cyberpunk from the 80s, they were always trying to push fantasy and sci-fi together but they just don't go well together. It's like mixing chocolate and vanilla, good flavours on their own but weird together.

The original Evangelion was OK, the new films are pretty good too but it takes the story in a new direction so hard to say before the final film is released. Shinji isn't such a whiny pussy in the films, fortunately. That left a bad taste in my mouth from the original. On the other hand, the story somehow makes even less sense now than the original story did.

I'm still waiting on Berserk to continue, it was announced for this year but I guess it's not happening :(

Gantz was the only manga I read without being primed for it first by a series, it was pretty good but in general yeah manga is hard to get into. I think it's because the market is more competitive. Good or bad an anime gets enough runtime to make some mistakes and still redeem itself. With manga it feels like every chapter has to deliver some kind of action, so arcs get dragged out like crazy then when it gets an anime adaptation they manage to condense a hundred chapters into 12 eps and still keep most of the story intact.

I ended up getting into the Initial D manga because it was taking so long to wrap up the anime series, I actually kind of hated the anime version because of the craptacular CGI and annoying music but in 1999 JDM was life and we had to get that fix! It's crazy what that shitty series did for the value of the AE86, Toyota is still cashing in on the hype with the new 86. I still got some mad tyte JDM parts stashed, but the crew grew up and got boring so now the local scene is mostly just people that went pro.

Full Metal Panic is another one that took fucking forever, I was in high-school when that shit started and it took until last year to continue the story ... wasn't worth the wait, either.

Well this turned into a weird trip down memory lane, suddenly I have a craving for air hockey and stuffed-crust pizza

I haven't seen most of these, so I don't have anything to contribute... But I would kill for some stuffed crust pizza right about now ?

I just recently finished Dorohedoro season 1 and loved it and now im busy watching 7 seeds season 2 now

Lol I love the soundtrack from Initial D. I like to imagine some of it playing when my cat is drifting on the tile in my kitchen after scaring himself and trying to tear out but losing traction hahahahah. I've got the whole anime series (minus Stage 5 since it never came to America) on DVD and I rewatch it usually once every year or two.

for the anime fiends like me i just started watching "Noblesse" so far looks very interesting. And plus downloaded some more of the "fate" series.

i started watching the "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka" franchise of series. finished 1 and 2 and the Gaiden and now half way with the third series. Enjoying it purely the fact its based on a RPG theme or environment.

As before that i just recently finished:
Phantom Requiem 8/10
ReZero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 7/10
Xing Chen Bian 7/10
Jujutsu Kaisen 7/10