• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the nfl 08-09 prediction thread

They always make a big deal about a team winning twice against another in the regular season, then unable to beat them in the postseason.

Pittsburgh beat Baltimore twice this past season.

Ravens will win, book it.8o

NFC is much harder , but I think Warner and Fitz carry the cardinals to a very close win, possibly in OT. ("Chunky Soup" knows the game cannot end in a tie this time):|

and mcnabb chokes again like usual

the steelers will win the superbowl

hehehe. that is why I stay away from my nagging and usual tragic flaw, hubris, when I attempt to make playoff style sports predictions.

I had the Pittsburgh Steelers going all the way this year, so at least I am half-right for the SuperBowl. it seems that whenever I pick Pitt to win it all, they do (happened in 05 when they won it all), so hopefully I am right so far.

let's make some picks for the SB, shall we???

ari @ pitt!!!

Normally I don't go against the grain...but I really, really would like to see the Cardinals win it. But how strange of a year has it been?

Tampa Bay in the World Series? Arizona in the Super Bowl? First black man elected President?

Tbh, I'm glad to be alive...

Oh ya, prediction...Arizona 24 Pittsburgh 27

Last edited:
This predictor is noticeably NOT absent, alasdair.

edited: no need for it. -impimp

Last edited by a moderator:
^ if that prediction is anything like your other predictions, i have nothing to worry about

:)

alasdair

Obama picked the Steelers to win the super bowl.

you know that means it's a lock.

well, bout to go to the bar to start drinkin', smokin', and straight west coastin'.

my new score prediction is Steelers 24 - Cards 10. I hope the Cards don't sneak out a victory with their impressive trio of WRs. look for Steelers tight end Heath Miller to have a big game (Arizona never seems to check the TE on defense) and for Steelers running back Willie Parker to go over 100 yards and possibly the SB MVP.

I predict...

The Cardinals win 30-24
Warners quick release negates Pitts pass rush, as the Cards offense settles into a deadly rhythm in the first half and build up a 24-10 halftime lead, they survive a late 4th quarter rally and onside kick attempt.

Kurt is MVP and announces retirement to become a preacher during the presentation.

Matt Leinart spotted on podium doing Champagne bongs :|

looks like my prediction was right

congrats axl blaze on your team winning

It took a former Ohio State Buckeye to win it for them. :D

Santonio Holmes is establishing himself as one of the NFL's elite. quite a feat considered he is very much smaller than the prototypical NFL wide out these days.

James Harrison's 100 yd run back could go down in history as one of the best SB plays of all time. overall, we as sports fans are lucky to watch two of the greatest SBs back to back, ever.