• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the nfl 08-09 prediction thread

7-7 21 mins left....Best game of the playoffs so far.

With Johnson out, I think the Ravens shade it.

Gotta love Playoff Football, the intensity is unreal.

I have said all year long that Flacco has been a more impressive rookie than Matt Ryan.
He is a coaches dream , he plays within himself and the system, yet isnt afraid to be a leader, and commands respect from his whole team.

Hopefully this game will show others that
LOVELIFE, I guess that 40 dash time for Flacco means nothing.

The guy is just a leader.Plain and Simple.

wow. yes this is intense. im form baltmore currently residing in NC so this si way intense for me. i sjut wathced the ravens kick the crap out of tenesee. and flacco rly impressed me this game. it was damn close. looks like my next favorite team the panthers are up. well see what happens. Btw, any of u carolina fans in NC? jw.

350nvk1.jpg

Can you say UPSET WEEKEND?

This is personally the the most entertaining weekend of playoff football i have seen in awhile.

watched the cardinals embarass delhomme on his birthday and the ravens smash the titans while in the hospital yesterday. i love the underdog. now i get home today, to the giants acting a fool at home and gettin whooped by the eagles.

This is why they have the playoffs, folks. The best team wins!

I bet the chargers win tonight, thats the trend thats going to continue, watch!

Sproles rushes for 200+ yards chargers 24-17

whoever commits more turnovers loses!

wow the cardinals???

the fucking cardinals, they stomped the shit out of carolina, unbelievable

birdie 3-1
alasdairm 2-2
lilc 2-2
melange 2-2
the liberal media 2-2
axl blaze 1-3
lovelife 0-4

nice work again birdie.

alasdair

man upset weekend is right!

wtf happened carolina

and FUCK THA EAGLES

wow the cardinals???

the fucking cardinals, they stomped the shit out of carolina, unbelievable

The Cards are like 7-2 at home this year, they just dont win on the road. They are definitely a home team, scoring an average of like 27+ points when playing there. I just hope the Eagles can keep it going long enough to beat them.

Norv Turner is whack, I love it when Delhomme curses, and Michael is back to hopefully give a shout or two to his Eagles (and here I was thinking you gave up on football to only boner over baseball).

yo Birdie - you ever think about placing bets professionally? very nice work.

phi @ ari
bal @ pit

the Steelers are the only non-fowl related team and I think that they will pull off the extremely difficult task of beating a great football team three times in a season. I suppose Philthy will oust the Cards despite the ingenuity of Cards Coach Ken Whisenhut. although this is my least sure bet, because the Eagles/Bengals tie still sticks out in my mind.

I love professional football. this is one of the best years to be a fan ever.

While I think that I *DO* deserve a tad of credit for picking the CARDS (+9.5) correctly, and that, as I stated months ago, picking these games WITHOUT point spreads is rather pointless, as a 4 year old girl could pick every single favorite WITHOUT a point spread, and probably beat us all, I do applaud those of of you who have picked better overall than I have.

As for this week, LL say this:

eagles (-3.5) 27
CARDINALS 30 (OVERTIME)

ravens 17
STEELERS (-6.0) 23

i'm going with the underdogs.

arizona over philly
balt over pitts

i'm going against my better judgement here, but its my gut instinct. similar to how i felt when pickin the ravens, cards and eagles to win.