• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Neuroscience and Pharmacology Quick Question Thread

Can you elaborate on the structure of JWH-021, didn’t found any anywhere.

Last edited:
John W. Huffman is the guy who designed the JWH series of synthetic THC-like compounds so John21 is likely to be JWH-21.

These people really have no idea about marketing (or chemistry, safety, morals, common sense and so on).

You would have to search through the patents.

I did look into the synthesis of a CP 47,497 analogue because they are merely a simplification of the natural THC scaffold, contain no nitrogens (so pyrolysis unlikely to lead to mutagens) and because it's metabolism is more or less understood. It turned out to be rather more complex than the JWH series. That tells you all you need to know - the makers will do what is easiest, not what is best.

Dangerous issues combining cocaine and MAOIs? Small amounts? I know that they give amp and MAOIs in select cases, not mine lol, just wondering. Thanks.

John W. Huffman is the guy who designed the JWH series of synthetic THC-like compounds so John21 is likely to be JWH-21.

Yea, I know, read an interview arcticle when the first jwhs appeared on the marked. There is this other guy concerneded with synthetic cannabinoids by Alexandros Makriyannis, he seems to be the institution when talking about cannabinoids. Anyway I don’t get why both made hundereds of indole and andazole based connabinoinds, which only vary in their chemical appearance but not in thei effects. It seems so a monotonous and fruitless task.

Yea, I know, read an interview arcticle when the first jwhs appeared on the marked. There is this other guy concerneded with synthetic cannabinoids by Alexandros Makriyannis, he seems to be the institution when talking about cannabinoids. Anyway I don’t get why both made hundereds of indole and andazole based connabinoinds, which only vary in their chemical appearance but not in thei effects. It seems so a monotonous and fruitless task.

Yes, the ones he made have the letters AM in front of them.

In the 90s a lot of medicinal chemists saw the CB1 receptor as a useful target BUT natural cannabis was much easier to get to market (and nobody owns the patent). For once sense prevailed.

• Haha
Reactions: izo
How are tryptamines synthesized when scaled up synthesis is demanded? Not speeter-Anthony? Indoleacetic acid?

Well, presuming you want a ring-substituted indole in your tryptamine, aim for <ring substitution> 3-carbaldehyde OR obtain substituted tryptamine and use oxalyl chloride to build side-chain.
There are MANY routes as people struggled to find one that would scale. My usual way of finding a decent route is to find something similar that is produced in huge amounts and see if the chemistry can be adapted. I know the Chinese used to make thousands of tonnes of tryptophan but an impurity made people ill and both the US & EU banned tryptophan. If you consider scale, a LOT of work would go into optimisation and so you can find some excellent tricks.

Who knew the simplest & highest-yielding reductive amination (with methylamine) would be in a patent by an Indian company on the synthesis of sertraline from sertralone. The product is pure enough to use as is (yes, I know borate and salt WILL need to be removed).

It's well worth datamining - you never know what you might find. AFAIK nobody else has picked up on it BUT I had to read 208 other patents on sertraline synthesis before I found it.

i think going through a substituted indoleacetic acid and then reduction of the amide is rather easy and possible.

Do I take it that it's a ring-substituted indole ring? I would consider US Patent 3296072 to be an index patent. By looking at patents & papers it refers to and the patents that refer to it, you can find hundreds of useful routes.

I t's such a shame that 7,N,N-TMT was so costly to make. The 7-methyl increases serotonin release by a factor of 10 over the unsubstituted analogue.

It's interesting because the racemate was trippy at high doses but lower doses produced MDMA-like effects. Of course, if you resolve the isomers, you can produce a product that ONLY has the MDMA-like effects. It's one of the 3 compounds that truly mimic MDMA accurately. Benzo-Fury (taken from a 2013 patent) was disappointing.
Of course, for a long time I have considered swapping the benzoxazole ring of MDMA for a benzoxathiazole. That would offer 2 positional isomers. Does anyone know if meta-thiomethoxy amphetamine (3MTA) was ever tested? Nichols made it, but it seems that thioethers at the para position are toxic. 4MTA is infamous, but their have been quite a few deaths associated with 2-C-T-2, 2-C-T-7.

I feel no difference between mdma and the 5-apbs from lillys patent. But I don’t like mdma anyway. 6-apb was nice though.

I feel no difference between mdma and the 5-apbs from lillys patent. But I don’t like mdma anyway. 6-apb was nice though.
In theory should the APBs be superior to MDMA because they don't inhibit an enzyme involved in 5-HT production which MDMA does (forgot the name though) if I don't recall wrong. So far have my first full roll still ahead of me, was always scared about the rebound depression as I suffered from reactive depression for extended periods of time but recently did some 5-MAPB which were absolutely smooth.

no difference between 5-apb, 5mapb and 5eapb. its all exactely like mdma. the only difference is 5-APDB, its really a little less euphoric than 5-apb. the real difference is the 3-position on the phenyl ring, 6-apb is something really different. if you make a benzofuran you can forget the 5-apb's they are just a semilegal version of mdma. if you want something special go for 5-it, this stuff is something else. not anywhere as dumb and mind crushing than mdma. go ask prof dr neurospaddel who controls the black and grey market. maybe they have an answer why the majority of semilegal drug users has to life with a mediocre administration letting the whole nation life in cultural and mental poverty. go sell some good flex again, cia.

Last edited:
It will readily form water-soluble addition salts so it can be injected. Other benzos are used IV using propylene glycol or an emulsion to dissolve them but both of those options may lead to complications.
Could you explain how can I IV benzos?
Thanks in avance
❤️❤️🎶🎶🎵

It will readily form water-soluble addition salts so it can be injected. Other benzos are used IV using propylene glycol or an emulsion to dissolve them but both of those options may lead to complications.

i read that sesame oil is usually used to inject non water soluble compounds.

short scientific question:

is it right that spiro compounds are not created naturally? never seen any, so i ask.

Their is an important LEGAL difference between MDA, 5/6APB & 5/6MAPB. Two of them are ring-substituted PEAs. The APBs are not. That's important in nations where Markush structures are used to decide if a compound is legal.