Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

Have you watched Neon Genesis Evangellion yet? It was such a good/disturbing series that I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after. I still haven't decided if I loved it, or hated it :oops:

Not yet. It's on my watch list though. I'll have to move it up my priority list. Your description has piqued my interest. :)

Hollllly fuck. If you guys haven't started watching the series "Tiger King" you're missing out. It is absolute insanity and has a bit of everything - crazy hicks, drugs, guns, big ass felines, gay/straight polygamy, maulings. Getting bored with all the Corona stuff and my buddy recommended it - definitely a welcome reprieve. It's 1 season with 7 episodes, I'm on #2 now. Watch it!

Yeah!
I have been watching this one too!
It is insane!

Watch for “Uncle Tim” to make an appearance from Dog the bounty Hunter” .
Definitely Meth involved.

Yeah!
I have been watching this one too!
It is insane!

Watch for “Uncle Tim” to make an appearance from Dog the bounty Hunter” .
Definitely Meth involved.

Have binge watched it all. A trailer-park-saga if I ever saw one haha

Just watched a documentary called S is for Stanley, it was about Stanley Kubrick's personal assistant/chauffeur of thirty years. It was very interesting! The guy met Stanley when he was a cabi in London and one snowy night his company asked him to deliver the giant dick Alex kills that lady with in A Clockwork Orange, and thus began the rest of his career lol. Worth a watch and not too long, though there's some unnecessary and silly animations in a few parts.

I especially liked at the end, he said Stanley asked him which of his films was his favorite, and he said, Spartacus, and Stanley said to him, "Eh, I didn't really care for that one." :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty much out of TV shows on Netflix I wana watch, far as I can tell; however, I know Netflix has shit algorithms and hides stuff I might like from my view.

So, what would y'all recommend to watch tv wise on there right now? It can't be a Netflix original, can't be the office, parks and rec, or Twin peaks, or Trailer Park Boys, or Arrested Development as I just rewatched all those. Is there anything left? I'd rewatch Frasier but they took it from me. Friends too...
Okay, you’ll probably have seen most of these, but the following are really good:
Better Call Saul, Mad Men, Fargo, Bojack Horseman. Dark is good too,

I liked Frasier, it temporarily filled the hole that was left by Seinfeld for me, I’ve tried pretty much every other sitcom but I never liked them

Okay, you’ll probably have seen most of these, but the following are really good:
Better Call Saul, Mad Men, Fargo, Bojack Horseman. Dark is good too,

I liked Frasier, it temporarily filled the hole that was left by Seinfeld for me, I’ve tried pretty much every other sitcom but I never liked them
I couldn't get past the second season of Mad Men because
Don Draper's wife started running around on him. For some reason I can totally accept a man whoring himself around but when a wife does it, I get very angry. Stopped Breaking Bad for the same reason, especially because Cranston's character hadn't done ANYTHING to provoke it, she was just being a slutty cunt...

Haven't watched any of the rest of those though. Fargo was a Cohen brothers movie from the 90s; does the tv show have anything to do with that? Netflix knows I like Cohen brother films, I've watched A Serious Man like 5 times on there, yet it has never suggested the Fargo tv show to me, didn't even know it was on there... maybe it isn't in the U.S.?

Yes, you’re gonna love it. All 3 seasons are some of the best TV in the last 10 years. Imo it’s even better than the movie which already was excellent.

Re: mad men. Keep watching, gets better with every season. Such a petty reason to stop ;)

Such a petty reason to stop
Definitely a petty reason, I'm not defending my stance by any means lol. Let's just say I have self-esteem issues and many a man has tried to pull my wife out from under me (she's pretty fuckin' hot or I wouldn't have married her ;) ). Of course, I haven't tried to watch Mad Men since 2013 or so, so maybe I'd be able to get over that now.

I could see you regretting starting Mad Men again (still, it’s a brilliant show) but there’s no way that‘s happening with Fargo.
All 3 seasons only have subtle links in between them, so you could view it as a mini series each time. Definitely has a unique atmosphere, similar in a way to the movie. Writing, acting, story, dialogues.... a must watch in TV land

I could see you regretting starting Mad Men again (still, it’s a brilliant show) but there’s no way that‘s happening with Fargo.
All 3 seasons only have subtle links in between them, so you could view it as a mini series each time. Definitely has a unique atmosphere, similar in a way to the movie. Writing, acting, story, dialogues.... a must watch in TV land
Just looked it up, yeah we don't have Fargo on Netflix over here -_- it'll have to wait till I can pirate it or splurge for a VPN and say I'm European.

Just looked it up, yeah we don't have Fargo on Netflix over here -_- it'll have to wait till I can pirate it or splurge for a VPN and say I'm European.
Ugh, typical Netflix. This was like one of the best things they had on there.
In any case, Bojack Horseman is amazing, it’s animation yes, but all exceedingly well done. Takes a while to really kick off though, so don’t give up too early (episodes are short though so it’s not that big of a deal). And even that Netflix managed to fuck up, by telling them to finish early =D

I'm pretty much out of TV shows on Netflix I wana watch, far as I can tell; however, I know Netflix has shit algorithms and hides stuff I might like from my view.

So, what would y'all recommend to watch tv wise on there right now? It can't be a Netflix original, can't be the office, parks and rec, or Twin peaks, or Trailer Park Boys, or Arrested Development as I just rewatched all those. Is there anything left? I'd rewatch Frasier but they took it from me. Friends too...

It's algorithms are dire. What you might find helpful is this site, where you can search all the content in various different ways:

I often go through shows or films about to leave to narrow my choice:

Just watched a documentary called S is for Stanley, it was about Stanley Kubrick's personal assistant/chauffeur of thirty years. It was very interesting! The guy met Stanley when he was a cabi in London and one snowy night his company asked him to deliver the giant dick Alex kills that lady with in A Clockwork Orange, and thus began the rest of his career lol. Worth a watch and not too long, though there's some unnecessary and silly animations in a few parts.

I especially liked at the end, he said Stanley asked him which of his films was his favorite, and he said, Spartacus, and Stanley said to him, "Eh, I didn't really care for that one." :ROFLMAO:

Fun Fact > There's a techno album inspired by that movie. Lorenz Brunner, Recondite's ''Nadsat'' LP.

Though I advice you to listen with some good headphones.

How to Fix a Drug Scandal.. episode 3 s1 Faraks dosing liquid L from the evidence coming in at work, at work and as a state drug drug crime lab chemist.. Got the makings of a bluelighter in her. lady is cooking 100g personal crack batches. Farak did not fuck around,

Last edited:
Tiger King is a weird documentary of some strange and shady characters who own exotic pets like tigers.
There is murder, mayhem.
It is a train wreck that you cannot pull your eyes away from.

strangely enough, Tim from Dog the Bounty Hunter shows up in it.

Meth baby! Meth is definitely involved!
have you ever seen poachers killing a lion which has no chance to run away of defend itself with specially made elephant bullets... It turns my stomach just seeing how scared the lion must be I hate that shit if I could I would get every poacher get them but naked and let them run away in a big field and chase them with a cheap a gun the gun however would be lethal the ones that get away will be hunted one by one and the ones that ain't will be mutilated or skinned alive their are few people I would rather become evil devil on their ass then poachers really except the zoo keepers who keep dolphins in a tiny cage with dirty water who have their kids taken away while the dolphin mother crys watching them be taken away later is this one dolphin called Sarah I will never forget her cry, she later killed two instructors but they never told anyone how they treated her how they painted her blue to hide her sunburns from the crowds who didn't know any of this and thought it was all fun and games and then they locked her in an even tiny cage in a room(no sunlight) and no contact with anyone or anything her every now and then moaning like she had lost all hope 😐 I always have hated animal abuse but Sarah I will never forget her remember guys their are hundreds of Sarah's all around the world things like this make me hope that hell is really real so the sic bastards who do this to animals(who remember have the brain equivalent to a baby child) get sent their for eternity and that would be a tiny tiny bit of what they really deserve I will never forget beautiful Sarah I think she is still alive she will probably always hate humans and who can blame her but if I was rich I would rescue her and let her back into the ocean first before I let as many other animals to I forgot about Sarah temporarily because it makes me feel so sick and ashamed to be human her cry I know what she was saying she was begging anyone to help anyone I feel like I could of done something even though I was just watching it on the internet it's actually made me cry again I've cried for Sarah more times then I could count especially the first time I found out about her

The reason I'm telling you painful one because I know you (and most others here) will understand how I feel about it I know how upsetting but that sadness is us giving Sarah the tinyest bit of justice possible by crying for her

I know that was off topic btw and I apologize but people need to know about this stuff and it goes on all round the world

have you ever seen poachers killing a lion which has no chance to run away of defend itself with specially made elephant bullets... It turns my stomach just seeing how scared the lion must be I hate that shit if I could I would get every poacher get them but naked and let them run away in a big field and chase them with a cheap a gun the gun however would be lethal the ones that get away will be hunted one by one and the ones that ain't will be mutilated or skinned alive their are few people I would rather become evil devil on their ass then poachers really except the zoo keepers who keep dolphins in a tiny cage with dirty water who have their kids taken away while the dolphin mother crys watching them be taken away later is this one dolphin called Sarah I will never forget her cry, she later killed two instructors but they never told anyone how they treated her how they painted her blue to hide her sunburns from the crowds who didn't know any of this and thought it was all fun and games and then they locked her in an even tiny cage in a room(no sunlight) and no contact with anyone or anything her every now and then moaning like she had lost all hope 😐 I always have hated animal abuse but Sarah I will never forget her remember guys their are hundreds of Sarah's all around the world things like this make me hope that hell is really real so the sic bastards who do this to animals(who remember have the brain equivalent to a baby child) get sent their for eternity and that would be a tiny tiny bit of what they really deserve I will never forget beautiful Sarah I think she is still alive she will probably always hate humans and who can blame her but if I was rich I would rescue her and let her back into the ocean first before I let as many other animals to I forgot about Sarah temporarily because it makes me feel so sick and ashamed to be human her cry I know what she was saying she was begging anyone to help anyone I feel like I could of done something even though I was just watching it on the internet it's actually made me cry again I've cried for Sarah more times then I could count especially the first time I found out about her

I absolutely cannot STAND people who abuse animals also!
That show was heartbreaking for me to see the animal abuse.
It made me cry and I cannot believe that it was legal in any way for anyone to keep animals like that.
The Exotic pet trade needs to stop.
I was glad that Joe Exotic dickhead got 21 years in a cage.
That should give him some time to think about what he did!!

OMG! I couldn’t even finish reading your story about the dolphin. 😩😩😩☹☹☹😢😡😡
I love dolphins so much. I love Tigers, Lions, ALL animals!

I would aggressively attack anyone I saw keeping animals like that!
I agree with how you feel so much.
I hate to see animals in cages.

When they showed that beautiful snow leopard or clouded leopard that guy had in a tiny cage just locked in 120 degree van, I wanted to strangle that guy! I cannot believe the other guy who saw that and did say something about it just let it go.
I want to kill them both for that honestly.

Is it against the law now to own exotic animals like that???
If it is not, We should be speaking up for the animals.
LOUDLY!!

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/ < the money heist

^ watched this full series over the space of a week or so. been awhile since i have got into naything series wise on netflix

Started this the other day, now up to s1e5. This was created by Spanish television, and picked up by Netflix. For Netflix, they chopped and resorted the episodes to fit the timing format (no movement of the flow, just different break points). Seems to flow well enough with the Netflix breakpoints. However, being made in Spain (where the rain falls mainly in the plains), I'm watching with English subs and audio dubs....which don't match (annoys me) but you still have a good feel for what's happening.

Premise so far is a team of thieves were brought together by 'The Professor', each with their own skill sets (sounds familiar...it is far from a rehash, it's very fresh writing). They go into the Royal Mint of Spain, and present the image of a robbery gone wrong and they are forced to take all people in there as hostages as negotiations begin with the police. That's the first wrinkle, it was never a robbery of the cash in the vaults. Second layer, involves one of the hostages being a diplomat's daughter. The team knows it and timed the event to be when she was there on field trip. Is THIS the real intent? Or is it the third wrinkle (shown thus far) of running billions of unmarked bills off the mint's presses while they are in 'negotiations'? This alone is intriguing enough to keep you drawn in. However, they have a very good cast between the thieves, the head negotiator for the police, and the overall flow of sub-relationships (a MUST for Spanish tv, I'm sure!).

Like I said, I'm really struggling with the language issue, more than usual (I do like foreign films and am usually fine with subs...maybe it's the dubs throwing me off). But that is the only real issue I have, and it's manageable. The rest, has been very good to this point. I'm looking forward to the remainder.

Anyone else watched/watching this?

How to Fix a Drug Scandal.. episode 3 s1 Faraks dosing liquid L from the evidence coming in at work, at work and as a state drug drug crime lab chemist.. Got the makings of a bluelighter in her. lady is cooking 100g personal crack batches. Farak did not fuck around,
Watched that and it was crazy! She went through so many bottles of standards and they never even noticed! The meth, ket, amphetamine, cocaine. How she managed it for 10 years is mad! I’m really surprised she got away with it for so long. Was a good show for sure.