⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

Squid Game (2021)

9 episode (mini) series. Storyline is based off the common 'bunch of folks in a game of survival' and the winner(s) get more money than God, so there isn't anything groundbreaking in that sense. However, this is Korean made, so you've got pretty good eye candy for colors and visuals, not CGI'd up the wazoo as most of the effects focus in on gunshots and blood splatter. Areas where this starts to make it's own path is that the players are given a chance to opt out, or continue, and most come back of their own volition so it's not like anyone put a gun to their head (inside joke with that comment). Survival is based on living thru a series of kids games (Korean games for the most part), sometimes as individuals, sometimes in groups, and when you are teamed with others they may be your ticket to survival or they may be your direct opponent - you don't know until the next game begins. Character wise, we start with a central figure, Seong Gi-hun, who appears to be in his 30's, divorced with a kid, living with his mother, and generally a useless person overall. We watch him get drawn in, and we watch several others come in with their various backgrounds; then how their interactions take us along the main plot. Add in a few wrinkles, not all relevant to the plot (ie, what happens to the bodies) but still of interest. The first 7 episodes had me watching for the games, enjoying the sub-plots. The last episode throws a curve or two that you may, or may not, see coming; but it def sets up for another season. I'm not sure if I'll watch a second season, but the first was worth the binge. 7.5/10.

Knew about The Pharmacist when a work friend said to me about it - reminded me of How To Fix A Drug Scandal.

Any others like these two?

What’s hellbound like?

direxted by same people that did last train to bhusan. Worthwhile?

going to work for a few weeks and won’t have reception so need to download a few things from
Netflix for my tablet to watch after work.

anyone got any recommendations? Just watched the last dance (Michael Jordan) and top boy (both seasons).

thanks y’all.

Saw the trailer for the “mayor of Kingstown” but that’s on paramount not Netflix.

Reactions: CFC