Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

"American Honey" was strange.... Gotta double up on the shia Lebouf douche comment. Nice characters but it felt rather directionless and didn't really say much.

sometimes allot can be said like that though.. for almost everyone.. five years before we die no one will know who we really are and what we did. That's if anyone ever did.

New shortass season of Black Mirror. I watched episode 1, very typically PC Netflix themes but done in a pretty touching way. Though the end seemed sort of tacked on and mismatched with the rest of the story. I've really enjoyed the previous seasons, though more when it was just a BBC series.

Love death and robots was awesome too actually, highly recommend it if you like Black Mirror, sci-fi, or high quality CGI animation.

very typically PC Netflix themes
I've noticed there seems to be an emphasis on this over quality content when it comes to their originals. I had two good friends recommend I watch Master of None because of other sitcoms I liked. I watched like the first ten episodes, but after the first one, the rest of them were PC jerk off fests that didn't really even approach humor. My wife is much more PC than I and had even more trouble stomaching it, to my surprise. The acting was frequently dry and uninspired. I was disappointed that Eric Wareheim attached his name to such drivel, after absolutely loving him and Tim Heidekers content in years past.

This month they removed a great deal of non-Netflix content and yet added very little, most of what they're adding being their own stuff. I can't say I'll want to pay for their service much longer if this continues, as on average, Netflix Originals are extremely boring and well, unoriginal often times. They have occasional success, but more and more I'm finding I only use Netflix to rewatch Frasier and Friends, and the occasional Oscar films around Academy awards time.

Just binge watched Ozark over the last day and a half.. Couldn't recommend more. It's got a very breaking bad esque feel and way of dealing with questions of morality. I can't wait for season 3.

This is an Amazon show I'm talking about, but it's called Fleabag. It's British and one of the funniest shows I've seen in a while. Love dark humour.

Season 2 is out now. I just watched an episode that at least made me aware my libido isn't totally dead so thanks for that.

Reactions: CFC
^ phoebe waller-bridge is great and fleabag season 2 did not disappoint.

she also created killing eve. very different but also excellent.

alasdair

^ phoebe waller-bridge is great and fleabag season 2 did not disappoint.

she also created killing eve. very different but also excellent.

alasdair

Sweet! I'm loving this season with her and the priest. That's what got me all hot under the collar. haha I'm on episode 6.

Killing Eve, I'll have to look for that. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is hilarious and cute.

^ note that she created and co-wrote killing eve but does not appear in it.

alasdair

This is a great scene with Keanu Reeves from "Always be my Maybe" . Pick the best song to match his stride..

Sorry this is too large to embed but worth following the link

source.gif

Last edited:
I binge-watched season 2 of Dark over the weekend and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality. I loved season one of Dark; and unlike The Rain, which I also loved the 1st season of but was thoroughly unimpressed with season 2, I loved season 2 of Dark as much as season 1. Highly recommended if you're it's your type of show!

This is HBO...I'm watching the 2 part documentary called "I Love You, Now Die". It's infuriating, this bitch coaxed her boyfriend into killing himself through text messages. I would love to punch her and knock those hideous eyebrows off of her face.

This is HBO...I'm watching the 2 part documentary called "I Love You, Now Die". It's infuriating, this bitch coaxed her boyfriend into killing himself through text messages. I would love to punch her and knock those hideous eyebrows off of her face.

Damn!! That's horrible. Years ago I was trying to get clean and I was dating this girl. She started playing games behind my back and fucking with my head. I relapsed big time and I was dealing with a lot. She had been my best friend. I became suicidal and reached out to her. She had some guy demean and humiliate me on facebook, while she laughed and then blocked me. At the time it crushed me but It didnt break me. I used the motivation to come back bigger and better.

Last edited:
Damn!! That's horrible. Years ago I was trying to get clean and I was dating this girl. She started playing games behind my back and fucking with my head. I relapsed big time and I was dealing with a lot. She had been my best friend. I became suicidal and reached out to her. She had some guy demean and humiliate me on facebook, while she laughed and then blocked me. At the time it crushed me but It didnt brake me. I used the motivation to come back bigger and better.

I'm really sorry you experienced that. At least you found out what type of person she is and that she isn't worth any of your time. I don't understand how people can be so evil. I'm glad you came out stronger! This girl on the HBO documentary manipulated her boyfriend because he was depressed, suicidal and vulnerable. He was only 18 years old. She didn't have any friends, none of the girls in school ever hung out with her, she was too needy. She pushed her boyfriend to kill himself so that she could get the affection and attention she always wanted. Those girls started hanging out with her and consoling her as the grieving girlfriend. She was a monster. I need to finish part 2 tonight to see if she was charged with manslaughter. She should be sent to prison.

Is anyone watching 'Typewriter' on Netflix? I'm going to look at the first episode to see if I like it.

Only a few minutes in and I shouted "AWWW HELL NAW!" Haha It's scary so far.

I watched the short "Frankenstein's Monster's Monster, Frankenstein" the other week, and I really enjoyed it. I have no idea why it was made, or what the point even was, but very entertaining lol.

"I love morphine!!!!"