• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom The mystery of Kratom dosage for optimal results, why no reports of positivity from more?

For me it's all about choosing the right strain...years ago when it was dirt cheap to import I got like 5kg of various strains and 1 stood out from the rest....the White Maeng Da.
Thst stuff is just fire! Totally different high than the other strains...lots of energy but also ridiculous euphoria.
But for me I found if I take even 1 gram passed my maximum dose I'll end up barfing and it does get dysphoric if you take too much.
You have to find your personal sweet spot without overdoing it.
I also just put the powder into 000 gel caps and I always drink it with strong coffee....I personally find coffee (not just caffeine) strongly potentates kratom in a positive way.
But high doses also last ages....I cant sleep for like 16 hours after doses of 10g of white maeng da.

Are you in the UK? Unfortunately White Maeng Da isn't available at the one vendor I still have left after the 'legal high' ban

What amount do you find is your sweet spot? I'll try taking caffeine pills next time maybe :D

I do think kratom feels like opiates. Its unpredictable though. Sometimes it just makes me feel better, sometimes it gives me energy, and sometimes I feel nothing at all.

I dont weigh mine out so i cant tell u how much i take. I use a spoon from kitchen and put two spoonfuls in my drank.

I've got sick off it twice. Once was bc i decided to double dose so i guess i took too much. And once was when i was really high on meth. I got so hot and sweaty, and shakey.

I think alot of it depends on what kind you get. I use the white. Where you buy it from is also important. I use a shop that sells only kratom. You dont wanna get it from a headshop.

Other factors that come into play would be if your stomachs empty or not, your sup to take it on an empty stomach. And what your taking it with. You need an acidy fruit drink like orange juice to potentiate that effects of it.

Are you in the UK? Unfortunately White Maeng Da isn't available at the one vendor I still have left after the 'legal high' ban

What amount do you find is your sweet spot? I'll try taking caffeine pills next time maybe :D
I'm not in the UK...I ordered mine right from Thailand I think....caffeine pills do not potentate kratom...I've tried taking it with mountain dew and coca cola but it just doesnt have the same effect as coffee and kratom.
I like 10 grams but thsts enough a large dose for someone without tolorance.
I'd start with 3 or 4g and see it affects you.
The red vein strains are much more like an opiate and the green vein are more of a stimulant and the white vein are like a combo of the two .

I'm one of those few who do benefit from higher doses than 20g at times. I didn't need doses above about 10g for full effects prior to utilizing it for post operative pain, which caused my doses to escalate out of control rapidly with regimented, 3x daily dosing. I peaked at a out 25g/3x daily then, but had worked hard to get down to 10g in the morning and 16g at night until around 2 weeks ago, when I was put on montelukast.

Montelukast seriously fucked up my metabolism of kratom, alprazolam, and levetiracetam. This last week I was taking 30g/4x daily during my metabolic mishap. A dose that high, even at the height of my use prior to the montelukast incident would have left me fairly ill; with my metabolism screwed up, I was taking 120g daily just to get to normal!!

As of today I'm back down to 15g in the morning, 15 in the afternoon, and 30g at night with my plan being to slowly taper out my afternoon dose removing between .5 and 1g a day, then stabilize at 15g in the morning and 30g at night prior to starting , again, more slowly reducing my morning dose before lowering my nightly dose as it's the most important one for my sleep.

I intend to get back to the point where I am no longer physically dependent on daily dosing, like I was prior to my surgery. I do not intend to stop using it altogether, but I'd like to be able to use it once or twice a week as need for pain.

I dont know if chipping will work better with kratom than other opoids, but I'll find out eventually. I want to get in a 30-60 day period of no use at all before trying it again. I'm not sure how long it'll take me to taper down to nothing before I can get a break in, but I'm not going to stop tapering until I do.

I know my situation is far from the normal kratom use, but i know of at least a handful of BLers taking upwards of 50g daily without any real side effects outside of constipation. I never got any of the side effects that other experience; nausea was only an issue if I seriously overshot my dose, I never got the headaches, tremors or stimulation preventing me from sleeping with the exception of high doses of White Dragon. That's the only strain I've tried that's genuinely stimulating, it's my favorite for morning use.

I have to be honest - after a while of using it - a part of me thinks that Kratom acts just as a Placebo effect - in other words people think that it can get them high or act as an analgesic, but it's mainly all in the mind....

My only issue with Kratom is that it seems to be hit or miss EVERY TIME I take it. I always take it on an empty stomach usually in the morning and then again once I’m hungry for lunch. Seems like it either hits me and I feel great or I feel absolutely nothing. It’s a very frustrating substance for me to take because of how unpredictable it is.

I'm one of those few who do benefit from higher doses than 20g at times. I didn't need doses above about 10g for full effects prior to utilizing it for post operative pain, which caused my doses to escalate out of control rapidly with regimented, 3x daily dosing. I peaked at a out 25g/3x daily then, but had worked hard to get down to 10g in the morning and 16g at night until around 2 weeks ago, when I was put on montelukast.

Montelukast seriously fucked up my metabolism of kratom, alprazolam, and levetiracetam. This last week I was taking 30g/4x daily during my metabolic mishap. A dose that high, even at the height of my use prior to the montelukast incident would have left me fairly ill; with my metabolism screwed up, I was taking 120g daily just to get to normal!!

As of today I'm back down to 15g in the morning, 15 in the afternoon, and 30g at night with my plan being to slowly taper out my afternoon dose removing between .5 and 1g a day, then stabilize at 15g in the morning and 30g at night prior to starting , again, more slowly reducing my morning dose before lowering my nightly dose as it's the most important one for my sleep.

I intend to get back to the point where I am no longer physically dependent on daily dosing, like I was prior to my surgery. I do not intend to stop using it altogether, but I'd like to be able to use it once or twice a week as need for pain.

I dont know if chipping will work better with kratom than other opoids, but I'll find out eventually. I want to get in a 30-60 day period of no use at all before trying it again. I'm not sure how long it'll take me to taper down to nothing before I can get a break in, but I'm not going to stop tapering until I do.

I know my situation is far from the normal kratom use, but i know of at least a handful of BLers taking upwards of 50g daily without any real side effects outside of constipation. I never got any of the side effects that other experience; nausea was only an issue if I seriously overshot my dose, I never got the headaches, tremors or stimulation preventing me from sleeping with the exception of high doses of White Dragon. That's the only strain I've tried that's genuinely stimulating, it's my favorite for morning use.

How are you physically consuming up to 120 grams in a day like that in parachutes, capsules or tea?

I was thinking I could make like a really strong batch of tea tonight like around 20 grams worth and just stagger the dosing. I'm gonna just throw bunch tablespoons in small pot of water and stir it as I bring to bowl and then cut the heat let it seep and pour off to drink. Then pour more water in and repeat process trying to male sure I get it all should stay hydrated this way also. Have been using parachutes and capsules for most part I only made tea a handful of times.

How are you physically consuming up to 120 grams in a day like that in parachutes, capsules or tea?

I was thinking I could make like a really strong batch of tea tonight like around 20 grams worth and just stagger the dosing. I'm gonna just throw bunch tablespoons in small pot of water and stir it as I bring to bowl and then cut the heat let it seep and pour off to drink. Then pour more water in and repeat process trying to male sure I get it all should stay hydrated this way also. Have been using parachutes and capsules for most part I only made tea a handful of times.

does heating or boiling the kratom affect its effects or potency? Not saying it does, but I've always wondered, which it why I tend to use capsules or do toss and wash

I have no clue but I'm gonna just approach it like I'm making poppy pod tea just in case. Already took like maybe 14 grams but I'm about to travel and wont be able to redose till like maybe 6-7pm this should hold me till than taking last parachute right now. Should be a fun experiment later.

Man, back in 2002/2003 when all you could get was crushed leaf from a particular source... my experiences were anything but subtle. Granted, I was an opiate virgin. But I would make tea in the traditional method, I would use 10-15 grams per dose, it seems like if you make a tea and don't ingest the leaf material, it works better. The preparation method involved simmering lightly in water for 20 minutes, straining, and doing another 20 minute simmer extraction. Me and all of my friends who tried it then all agreed it was amazing. It started as an almost cocaine-like rush, I wanted to talk to everyone, it felt so good. And then after 45-60 minutes, it would fade into a heavy opiate high, especially if you add a little weed. Like very strong physical pleasure. In fact my early kratom days were some of the best highs I've ever had on anything.

I kept using it for years and of course it got less powerful with tolerance, but I remember when I stopped being able to get the crushed leaf and it was all the micronized powder you get now... there was a distinct shift in the effects. I wonder what's up with that? I wonder if it's possible that the heating during the traditional extraction method could modify something chemically?

I have no idea but it's hard to imagine that there isn't some different... I introduced like a dozen people to it back in the day and 100% of us agreed that kratom was very euphoric and in our top tier of favorite recreational drugs. I never hear ANYONE saying that about it these days, whether opiate naive or not.

^interesting thoughts, Xorkoth

perhaps one could try putting some kratom powder into a mug and pour on boiling (or just hot?) water, leaving it to simmer for a bit, adding something sweet like honey to take away the yucky taste and drink it and see?

When you originally used to use crushed leaf, did you actually use boiling water, or just warm? (This is the same debate we often have in the poppy Pod Tea threads LOL)

I generally get sick when consuming more than 7g of kratom, regardless of tolerance.

It seems to have a great deal to do with the material itself, because I can consume 250mg of mitragynine in extract form, which is approaching 20g of raw kratom. There is zero chance I could take that much and not get sick. The extracts are also preferential towards mitragynine over the other noxious constituents.

My guess is that those able to consume 20g+ in single sittings have strong stomachs and are generally not susceptible to nausea as a whole.

I generally don't find kratom to be too recreational, but the extracts are the closest.

Just toss and wash with a lot of water. I use between .5 and 1oz of water per gram of kratom. A bit of cannabis before each dose makes it far easier to get and keep it down. I'm not getting any nausea per se, just a feeling of fullness for a few minutes after each dose.

^interesting thoughts, Xorkoth

perhaps one could try putting some kratom powder into a mug and pour on boiling (or just hot?) water, leaving it to simmer for a bit, adding something sweet like honey to take away the yucky taste and drink it and see?

When you originally used to use crushed leaf, did you actually use boiling water, or just warm? (This is the same debate we often have in the poppy Pod Tea threads LOL)

It was very gently boiling, if you boiled it at a rolling, hard boil, it would taste burned and not be as good. Basically as soon as it started boiling the slightest bit I'd turn it down to simmer.

When extracted this way, when the extracted tea cooled, it would turn into the color of heavily creamed coffee and be sort of thick in texture, so much nastier than eating leaf powder, but I swear it worked so much better. I mean if it was just me, I'd say I just had virgin receptors then, but I never hear anyone describe kratom these days like me and all my friends found it back then. It was a legit drug, very euphoric and lovely. This was before it was well-known in the west, and before RC opioids/fentanyls/etc were happening at all.

I do recall trying to make the traditional extractions on the micronized powder once all my sources moved to only having that, and I found that it burned way easier than the crushed leaf and it didn't seem to do the same thing (turning to the color of creamed coffee, the flavor changes a certain way, too). I spent years using kratom daily using the traditional brewing method, so I had a lot of experience. I was really pissed when I stopped being able to find the old crushed leaf anymore.

Last edited:
Kratom is one of the most variable plants I have encountered when it comes to how it affects people differently. Between strains, veins and dosage, a lot can vary from one person to the next. That being said, my body did not like if I took more than 12g at a time, as I would experience some nausea and mild dysphoria. However, 10g at a time is a consistent dose that hits the sweet spot for me. When I was using 40g+ per day, I sometimes ventured to take 15g at a time, which my body did not care for. Rarely do I throw up, been this way since a child (stomach of steel), but my body would force me to regurgitate and I would have to dose again with a smaller amount.

Kratom is known to interact with a plethora of receptors. I am very sensitive to the aspects of drugs that many people cannot pick up on. Some will argue that strains are a marketing gimmick, which is ridiculous for the most part. I can tell the minute differences between the strains that I like; many of them differing so much in effects it boggles the mind. A Dark Brown Bentuagie is the closest thing to heroin for me. A White Horned Maeng Da is a perfect balance of stimulation and pain relief. Red Bali and Super Indo give me the prolixity-bug. Green vein-based Kratom strains are a total no-no for me for the most part, they just do not vibe with my body at all (too much energy). I prefer Red, White and even Yellow veins (Yellow Kapuas to be exact).

I would encourage you to experiment with strains and dosages to find what you are looking for. I can guarantee you the world of Kratom can accommodate your search. Also, full spectrum extracts are a beautiful thing as well, worth looking into. Mitragynine/7OH-mitragynine extracts however do next to nothing for me for some reason.

It was very gently boiling, if you boiled it at a rolling, hard boil, it would taste burned and not be as good. Basically as soon as it started boiling the slightest bit I'd turn it down to simmer.

When extracted this way, when the extracted tea cooled, it would turn into the color of heavily creamed coffee and be sort of thick in texture, so much nastier than eating leaf powder, but I swear it worked so much better. I mean if it was just me, I'd say I just had virgin receptors then, but I never hear anyone describe kratom these days like me and all my friends found it back then. It was a legit drug, very euphoric and lovely. This was before it was well-known in the west, and before RC opioids/fentanyls/etc were happening at all.

I do recall trying to make the traditional extractions on the micronized powder once all my sources moved to only having that, and I found that it burned way easier than the crushed leaf and it didn't seem to do the same thing (turning to the color of creamed coffee, the flavor changes a certain way, too). I spent years using kratom daily using the traditional brewing method, so I had a lot of experience. I was really pissed when I stopped being able to find the old crushed leaf anymore.
Have you ever dabbled with the Red Bubble technique?

I do think kratom feels like opiates. Its unpredictable though. Sometimes it just makes me feel better, sometimes it gives me energy, and sometimes I feel nothing at all.

I dont weigh mine out so i cant tell u how much i take. I use a spoon from kitchen and put two spoonfuls in my drank.

I've got sick off it twice. Once was bc i decided to double dose so i guess i took too much. And once was when i was really high on meth. I got so hot and sweaty, and shakey.

I think alot of it depends on what kind you get. I use the white. Where you buy it from is also important. I use a shop that sells only kratom. You dont wanna get it from a headshop.

Other factors that come into play would be if your stomachs empty or not, your sup to take it on an empty stomach. And what your taking it with. You need an acidy fruit drink like orange juice to potentiate that effects of it.
We have a Kratom exclusive store here as well that sells 50+ strains. It is, to this day, the best quality Kratom I have found. It is $1 per gram but worth every penny.

***Mods: From what I can tell this does not violate the terms, but if it does let me know and I will delete. Not trying to source.

Also, quality can vary widely among brands. Every grifter and con artist is starting a kratom business. Even some of the so-called good places get their kratom from places with polluted rivers and soil. There's not a lot of regulation where kratom comes from.

Do you guys notice the Malaysian strain of kratom is closer to real opiates?

I have never taken real opiates before only Kratom as well as some amphetamine experience.