• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Gentle Psychedelics Thread

In my experience, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose has been the most forgiving/gentle, when I did it right. Low dose- but very useful. I didn't really want to say it but I kept thinking that it was now my favorite psychedelic... at this point in my life. It wasn't very visual, but what I do remember was flowery, smooth, gentle, purple/violet, blue, red, when I closed my eyes. The flowers were representative, were women's vaginas. I was seeing reference of this form and that, connection. The stems/roots must be the heads and thoughts, the social connections. I felt love for the world, because the world- it was all my heart, within my heart.

I masturbated for the first time since my surgery (hernioplasty), and was very, very hard, and big. I had also, I forgot to mention, taken some blue lotus and lily, smoked and I think I ate some, as well... although, I forget. This apparently can increase sexual drive, if I remember. The orgasm was one of the most powerful that I've ever felt. I had to make sure I didn't hurt myself. I was gentle, but man- oh man. But the actual action was very enjoyable, too.

I had a renewed respect for the beauty of the female sex after that, which lasted for at least the next day... not that I don't naturally, have respect, but it's more of a knowing than a feeling, for many (save a some/few), transcending some of the stuff that might built up without that experience, or like experiences, or meditation, or spiritual practice... It- the feeling, was for all of them. Old and young, and like one might appreciate flowers of all types.

But right, flowers have male and female parts, true. Hmm. Anyways. Not that that was with disrespect, but it was overwhelmingly, "female"... what I felt. Or they were closest to represent.

That was experience 2, in memory. I had had another (or more, I forget) years earlier about the same level, that also felt awesome and provided me with easy to see insight, and increased imaginative ability, and feelings of love, Etc. I felt it was meditative.

The next experiment/experience wasn't quite as good. I was already in a lot of pain from a gallbladder attack- my first one ever. I didn't realize what was happening, but felt like hell. I thought that the pain relief that it brought the first time, a month before, using it after a surgery, might counter what pain I had. I did an extraction over a course of 24 hours-- the wrong way to do it, as it frees up all the remaining poisons as well. I basically felt a very strong psychedelic hit, it being 9 seeds, where I heard a female say and mean "I love you", in a way I hadn't felt in a long time, but this was at the 2 hour mark, or so, and the rest of the night I was in hell/feeling poisoned- my pain amplified, my liver feeling inflamed... and I in bed trying to sleep it off... feverish. When/if I do it again (when I am with less pain.), I will eat them, like I did before.

Last edited:
i'd say 2C-E was one of my more enjoyable trips. very gentle, came on well and i adapted to it quickly. it was the first 2C that i did, so i didn't have much tripping experience. i swam on it, watched tv, smoked cigarettes, etc. very good time. but,,, i would NOT take 2C-I if you are looking for a gentle trip. for me (although i took a great deal of it) it was almost too much to process at once. yes, i love looking at the world in a new light, but dear Lord that was one hell of a night!

All these years later, I still have to list 2C-C. But I also think DMT administered SC or IM is very gentle. I have actually shared SubQ DMT with a few psychedelic naive friends and never once, not a single time, did DMT cause any fearful or unsure feelings. I've seen people dance and reconnect with their body, and other loveliness on Sub Q DMT. No shock or unsureness, just a state ready for anyone to experience the Great Spirit.

And as much as I love 2C-C....I am not sure it is going to give a cosmic experience to a first time voyager, indeed the 'mind expanding' effects of 2C-C are not easy to access. DMT is our own god molecule, and a completely familiar experience when not smoked (even with SQ injection, DMT takes perhaps 15 minutes to fully develop, leaving plenty of time for the initiate to adjust.

All these years later, I still have to list 2C-C. But I also think DMT administered SC or IM is very gentle. I have actually shared SubQ DMT with a few psychedelic naive friends and never once, not a single time, did DMT cause any fearful or unsure feelings. I've seen people dance and reconnect with their body, and other loveliness on Sub Q DMT. No shock or unsureness, just a state ready for anyone to experience the Great Spirit.

And as much as I love 2C-C....I am not sure it is going to give a cosmic experience to a first time voyager, indeed the 'mind expanding' effects of 2C-C are not easy to access. DMT is our own god molecule, and a completely familiar experience when not smoked (even with SQ injection, DMT takes perhaps 15 minutes to fully develop, leaving plenty of time for the initiate to adjust.
Random quick question, but what doses were your I.M./S.C. trials of DMT and what were they like, if you don't mind a bit of prying? Tried myself and would enjoy comparing. I'll agree that low level-medium level SC(especially, I did this by accident when I was young and dumb but was not something I regret because it seemed to be peculiarly nice the couple/few times it happened)/I.M. is very comforting in certain respects. It lacks the rocket straight to the moon effect of the flashed vape DMT which leads it into an ultimately calm and serene state from the get go IMO. However I foolishly went upwards with dosing and it got pretty intense, so i'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

Random quick question, but what doses were your I.M./S.C. trials of DMT and what were they like, if you don't mind a bit of prying? However I foolishly went upwards with dosing and it got pretty intense, so i'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

You are welcome to PM me, I really don't want to comment about that time publicly except to say circumstances led me to suddenly see DMT as an available and non addicting 'medicine' to help with opiate detox; operating under this excuse, I began to use a RIDICULOUS amount of DMT pretty much constantly because it did help me to leave my body and not feel how sick I was. It helped me to pray, and so I thought it would help me in the end accomplish an unrealistic goal I set for myself.

And yes, an IM injection of 200mg DMT (which was the high end of what I would take during that time) is a VERY immersive experience but I developed an insane tolerance to the stuff. At first, I was just using 20-40mg and it was plenty. I think 60-100mg is the highest high dose that anyone should ever need of IMed DMT assuming no tolerance.

When I would share it with DMT naive people I would give them 30-50mg IM or SC and it was always gentle for whomever I shared it with. Read GENTLE is not the same as MILD. No dose of DMT is mild.

Intensity is relative; some things open their arms and welcome you, and some things grab you by the throat and force you down. The way DMT comes on from IM/SubQ is far more welcoming than the way it comes on when smoking it.

Gentle? From a mind-state point of view, I've personally found 2c t 2 to be very unintrusive to the fear, panic, & paranoia part of my brain that most psychedelics seem to arouse while still keeping a very expansive perspective of the world while under its effects. In a way, it allows you to think philosophically on your own as opposed to bombarding your psyche with overwhelming thought-loops & off the wall conceptual imagery that can be hard to digest for some people. Not so gentle on the body at times, unfortunately. Very friendly visuals, too. Psychedelics that permit you to see even slightly malicious types of things & beings freak me way out.

Of the following psychedelics I've tried - LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, 4-ACO-DMT, 4-MeO-MIPT, 5-MeO-DIPT, 2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-I, Bromo-DragonFLY, DOI, and DMT - I'd say the most gentle, for me, is either LSD or DMT.

2C-B and especially 2C-I were very gentle on the head, in that I felt quite sober with little more than sensory alterations (with 2C-I, nothing but visuals) but they were offset by an uncomfortable bodyload.

LSD always felt very gentle, enjoyable and familiar for me, as does DMT - never a bad experience. A hyperspace-level DMT hit may not be gentle, but a sub-dissociative dose of DMT (easy to get by smoking changa from a joint, for example) is very gentle and pleasant.

I find 4-HO-DiPT to be incredibly gentle, the most gentle of all maybe. Physically as well as mentally. There was something simple about the experience but I still liked it. But I liked it even better when also taken with ketamine.

One time I found 4-ho-DiPT amazingly gentle on the mind and body... another time it gave me a significant body load and felt really speedy as well.

Mescaline is very gentle on the mind and body in my experience. Especially in it's pure form. Cactus gives a somewhat different feel but also potentially more nausea.

LSD can be very easy on the body but sometimes causes bloating, gas, minor cramps and a stiff back. It's usually pretty easy to handle mentally in the right situations.

2C-C is fairly easy on the body and mind as long as you don't dose too high.

Pure Psilocin has almost no body load but depending on the dose and the user it might not be the gentlest mind trip. 4-aco-DMT is almost exactly the same.

2c-B is probably the best drug known to man IMO, I can see where people would say they get a bad body load on it, but that's really only on the come-up, in my experience of course. The visuals the "B" gives you are just.......beautiful, I almost like them better than LSDs. That said I believe that 2c-B is easiest on the mind. To me it has an MDMA like positive push so I find that it is very hard to have a bad trip on (for me of course). because i'm just ranting i'll put in a second vote for HO-MET, In my log book I was even saying/writing how I somewhat miss the head fuck. As soon as those lt thought hit the page things turned on a dime. I was able to pull myself outta the funk I was in but, even with that happening I still feel it was a rather gentle ride the whole time. The other times I've taken it had been a walk then Bassnectar. If you get to that level where you are going to shows and tripping, I wouldn't worry about taking "smaller" doses of lest gentler drugs i.e. 5-meo-amt, 2-c-t-2

KNOW YOUR ENEMY

125 mgs of DXM (from something pricey like Mucinex)

or

tons of Kavakava ... a small dose of Ketamine

Peyote. Even when there is no guide/medicine man, it feels so safe and guided on its own.

Gentle on the body or gentle on the mind, those are two different things and my answer depends highly on what aspect you are focusing on (or, the most gentle psychedelic when taking both the physical and mental side into account).

Physically the most gentle psychedelic for me is 4-AcO-DMT. The bodyload is next to zero, it feels so clean and mild on the body it almost feels "unchemical".

Mentally, I'd probably say 5-MeO-Dalt (it has a strong rush when smoked, but it only lasts for a few minutes). One of the few psychedelics I've been in the company of relatives with without any problems.

If taking both the mental and the physical aspect into account, 2C-C would be my choice. Slightly sedating and calming physically and very easy to manage mentally (the visuals are OK with higher doses too).

to whoever said 2c-c apparantly only lasts 2hrs:

it def lasts longer than two hrs. a low/medium dose(~30-40mg) lasts around 4-6 hrs, but once it gets into higher doses like 60-100mg, ive found its duration to increase to an average of 6-8hrs.

i cant think of any PEA's that only last two hrs. in fact, most phenthylamines seem to take 1-2 hrs to even fully develop. never tried 2c-d, but i think that is the shortest lasting of the 2c's, but according to pihkal, even it has a duration of 4-6hrs.

the only compounds ive tried that would fall in a hr-2hr range are a couple of tryptmines, would maybe be a small dose of say DPT, or DMT. its been a while, but iirc 4-ho-dipt has a fairly short duration as well. def the shortest of the 4subs from what i remember.

Nah, for me 2C-C orally lasts 2-3 hours (even with 50+ mg doses) with a sharp and rapid decline. I'm back to baseline very fast with 2C-C

Last edited:
Physically the most gentle psychedelic for me is 4-AcO-DMT. The bodyload is next to zero, it feels so clean and mild on the body it almost feels "unchemical".

I agree, and i prefer it over shrooms because of it: There's none of the weird nausea on the come-up, nor a profound sense of discomfort at higher doses. It just feels smooth and... Quite normal. And best of all, you don't have to eat a bunch of nasty tasting shrooms. ;D

But i'd put 2C-T-7 as the most gentle psychedelic overall i've tried. Similar in bodyload to 4-AcO-DMT(in that there's basically none) but it's also very gentle mentally. Hard to explain really, but it's the simple most pleasurable experience i've had on a psychedelic. But on the other hand, i appreciate 'more difficult' substances as well. It was too easy almost.

I haven't done many of the 2Cs so I can't comment there so much. I've always found mescaline to be extremely gentle, it makes you puke but I've never felt bad while puking on mescaline, it's just at some point the thought pops into my head "time to vomit", then I go puke (which is always intense but in a pleasant way) and then I go sit down and think "ah I feel much better."

I've not done 4-aco-dmt very much but it has seemed pretty gentle when I did 15-20 mg, it gave open eye visuals like mushrooms and closed eye visuals similar to DMT. I also found that, like DMT, it was a perfectly clearheaded high, which made it seem very gentle to me. Mushrooms give me a terrible bout of anxiety and are horribly cloudy headed, whereas 4-ACO was a lot like DMT in that I had no body high at all and was totally clear headed, even while peaking, which makes it much easier to manage. I always get super confused and scared on mushrooms.

Dissociatives I find quite gentle, particularly MXE. MXE seems to have enough opioid activity to give me a very pleasant, almost sedate, body high, and I always feel extremely mentally calm on MXE. Ketamine I think is a bit rougher but still pretty gentle as long as you don't k-hole. DXM can get intense but at moderate doses it's fairly gentle.

I personally find low to moderate doses of clean LSD to be very gentle. The problem is that often (especially now) you buy LSD and end up getting some crazy ass research chemical or psychedelic amphetamine, which is not at all gentle. But good acid I've always found was pretty gentle on me, as long as I'm not super high. But 1 or 2 hits gives me a nice, fairly gentle trip. More then 2 hits and I feel like my mind is undergoing a radical transformation and I'm expelling and taking in weird energies, very intense and fairly harsh, like a forced cleansing experience.

If I was looking for the most gentle trip possible I'd either do MXE, 4-ACO-DMT or mescaline. If you want to guarantee positive emotions, MDMA + a psychedelic seems to be almost (almost) a guaranteed good trip. From what I hear, taking mescaline with MDMA greatly increases the duration of the MDMA. Never tried it though.

It seems to me like many psychedelics that may get rather intense and unforgiving at higher doses may produce benign, gentle trips at lower ones. 2C-C and 5-MeO-DALT definitely pop into my head in regards to experiences that tend to gravitate towards gentle regardless of dose (unless you push the dose far beyond Shulgin doses of course!).

To elaborate, low doses of 2C-I, 2C-T-2, LSD, mushroom, and 4-Aco-DMT all seemed very gentle in my experience.

Honestly, I havnt tried many.
But low dose mushrooms have always been rather nice for me (1.5-2g) dried.
High dose is a different story however!

Why dont you try just being alive...?
Serotonin is a pretty trippy Serotonin activist. Duhh.

Beyond that, 6 hits of DOB was pretty gentle, in a Molestation, Rapey kind of DUN NUN DUN NUNUDUNUNUNDUNUNUNUN DUNUNUNUN DNUUNUNUUNUNUN kind of visually explosive way.

LSD you fucking idiots. LSA even if you're hard-pressed which i'm sure most of you are. Gentle psychedelics is an oxymoron to me... BUT

If you must...

Look up Allylescaline.
+1- almost +2 for 12 solid hours. weed and booze left me with a steady +2 but not more. I'll try more of the Allyl at a higher dose when i can. Other than that, Wake the fuck up and live your lives.

Beyond that, 6 hits of DOB was pretty gentle, in a Molestation, Rapey kind of DUN NUN DUN NUNUDUNUNUNDUNUNUNUN DUNUNUNUN DNUUNUNUUNUNUN kind of visually explosive way.

The words "molestation" and "rape" pretty accurately describes my two experiences with DOB. The second time I had real fears my heart would fail, no "pure" stimulant has ever come close to producing such an intense physical stimulation.

DOB is what happens when you strap something that came from a swamp gas onto a brutally oxidized amphetamine. That is an angry ass fucking swamp. DOB at high doses is full range audio and visual disturbance. Emergency situtations, 360 degrees, 24 7.